Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn: "Dress as you would when you were dating... both of you"

Okay, I totally agree with everything else you said (with special kudos to the united front in parenting!)...but there is no way this is going to happen in my house! I don't mind dressing up, but it's pulling a team of oxen to get my husband to do so

Do you think we have a chance? We just celebrated 20 years .
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Michelle, I have a friend who's stepson was having terrible bullying issues. She didn't really know what to do for him so she ended up taking him to a martial arts program for self defense. It was a wonderful solution for him, and boosted his self esteem to the point where he isn't "victim" material anymore. Before the situation was completely resolved there was an incident where the biggest bully grab hold of him and was about to draw blood, but her son knew exactly how to reverse the hold and ended up with the bully pinned to the ground. Anyway by the time an adult arrived, there were enough witnesses that my friends' stepson didn't get in trouble. The bully swung first, and all her kid did was defend himself. He didn't even hurt the bully, well, he maybe damaged his pride a little.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
He didn't even hurt the bully, well, he maybe damaged his pride a little b/c he soild his undies.
I fixed your post.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Do you think we have a chance? We just celebrated 20 years .
I'm a betting man, I'd say you already know the answer since you probably analyze the situation daily. Which reminds me... you thought that you could fit in the bottle of water b/c you are a "shrink". Bad joke... I know.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-10-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,
By looking at your picture from your Friday night out, I'd say you're home free. I hope I did alright as a "guest shrink" for a moment!

I didn't mean get dressed up or spend a lot. Just look attractive for each other, you know? Remember college, when you didn't have two nickles to rub together but you had some awesome dates? That's what I mean. I could have an incredible time with my husband sitting on a curb watching the cars go by. It never matters what we do, as long as we're together.

I had to blow off some steam about this because I've noticed a lot of young, married couples that I know are so vicious to each other. Then they ask us what our secret is. It kind of breaks my heart. They could have so much more.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

All right everyone! I want you all to have a wonderful and motivational day!

Maybe it's the sun (but bitter cold) that has me feeling motivated today! I just wish I could do more exercising on the job but I can't carry the baby around too much because he gets fussy and likes to walk around =P And the apartment is in the middle of a top and bottom one so I can't do anything loud like jumping or anything lol

But I will still get what I need to get done!

I hope everyone else gets a chance to see the sun.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Cassie,
By looking at your picture from your Friday night out, I'd say you're home free. I hope I did alright as a "guest shrink" for a moment!

I didn't mean get dressed up or spend a lot. Just look attractive for each other, you know? Remember college, when you didn't have two nickles to rub together but you had some awesome dates? That's what I mean. I could have an incredible time with my husband sitting on a curb watching the cars go by. It never matters what we do, as long as we're together.

I had to blow off some steam about this because I've noticed a lot of young, married couples that I know are so vicious to each other. Then they ask us what our secret is. It kind of breaks my heart. They could have so much more.
I'd like to say my boyfriend and I are quiet the opposite of young kids in relationships these days. And for being only 18 he is very mature. We never fight and never had a fight in our 6 months so far, we pretty much do the same thing and either agree with one or another, for the most part. My main downfall in the relationship is I don't listen to him enough lol but I'm so used to being independent it hasn't sunk in yet that I can get two opinions on something- but usually I like mine better lol but it's something I am working on.

I will Never let any man be vicious towards me and I hate seeing men being controlling and hateful of their women and yet the women stay! I don't get it =/
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Quinn. BTW, what you said about hobbling through the grocery store last Friday brought back memories! When we first got married we were both grad students and Friday night at the grocery store WAS our date! Every week when classes were over, we'd cook a nice (cheap) dinner, go through our coupons and the sale circular, make a list, and go horse around like silly kids in the Acme.

(In our grubby clothes.)

I think you did great as a "guest shrink." No matter how many classes you've had or how many degrees, for a lot of things, life experience simply trumps it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Caroline, you are one smart cookie! DH and I will be married for 40 years this July. He worked afternoon shift most of the time until our kids were almost out of high school, so it was a lot like single-parenting for me--our boy and girl together and his two boys from his first marriage every other weekend. Oh, how I wish I'd known way back then that it's not only OK, but highly advisable to set aside one day a week for date night. We made it through and are both now retired, so it's a lot easier now and our marriage is a lot happier.

Mike, I hope your blister heals quickly! Good control to be able to make apple cobbler and not eat it. Good to teach kids fruit is more healthful than cookies. LOL on fixing the post about the bully. Soiled undies. Tee hee hee.

Twinnermommy, great job on your achievements. Only 100 calories over shows restraint. Congrats on that.

Stacey! Great job!

Jess, you can do it! We're rooting for you! I'm sure you get lots of exercise with the baby. Way to go on the relationship with your boyfriend. Hard to get used to having to consult with a partner. DH and I were older when we got married--I was 25 and he was 31. What worked for us from the beginning was that if something affected both of us, we either agreed or had to compromise. If whatever it was about affected one of us the most, that person had the final say after taking the other's opinion into careful consideration. Worked out beautifully.

Last edited by Mern; 02-10-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I hope your blister heals quickly! Good control to be able to make apple cobbler and not eat it. Good to teach kids fruit is more healthful than cookies. LOL on fixing the post about the bully. Soiled undies. Tee hee hee.
thanks but I would not consider this a healthy treat, but it will get a bunch of kids wired and bouncing off the walls.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Jess, you can do it! We're rooting for you! I'm sure you get lots of exercise with the baby. Way to go on the relationship with your boyfriend. Hard to get used to having to consult with a partner. DH and I were older when we got married--I was 25 and he was 31. What worked for us from the beginning was that if something affected both of us, we either agreed or had to compromise. If whatever it was about affected one of us the most, that person had the final say after taking the other's opinion into careful consideration. Worked out beautifully.
Thanks and yea, chasing him around usually does the trick lol but I'm not sure how to log that as an activity =P it can be quite strenuous at times.

Yes we make each other happy and I told him from now on I would listen to him- but that doesn't mean I can't negotiate with him- about things. I'm trying to sell Avon and he told me in the beginning it probably wouldn't be the best because I don't know a lot of people and he was right but I tried anyway- that way I would know for sure. There's nothing that I dislike more than not knowing what something could have been- but no Avon is not for me.

But that's good advice too- work it out and who ever its affecting gets the final say- I should tell him about that =)

And yea he's 18 and I'm 21 so it was a bit different at first with him being younger- but like I said he is mature for his age but he isn't quite into counting calories yet as I am but I've told him that I need help and as soon as we go to the store I'm getting only healthy foods =P He wants to get fit too for our trip to Cali (i hope) for my Birthday in December so we have a while to work it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.