Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
This is one of the things that I have the students in my chocolate class constuct, I call them "Peanut Butter Love Handles". Another one is to dip the Ritz crackers in mint milk chocolate, I call 'em "Faux Thin Mints" or "Ritz Grasshoppers", they are my favorite and eating just one will trigger me to eat maybe 10-15 more. Pretty much can't have them in the house and stay on track. I also teach fondants & fillings, dipping techniques, truffles and chocolate covered fruit. So now you know why #1 is sooooo hard for me these days. I've taught 1-2 classes/week for the last 3 weeks and I have 2 more to go.

The race I'm looking at is the Old Kent River Bank Run 5, 10 or 25K. The SIL wants to do the 10K, we'll see - I'm having some training issues. I talked to my DD's about coming with me and registering as a "team" and they were pumped, so maybe it'll be a family fast walk instead of a race. The last time I wanted to do a race, I was belly up and wishing for death.
Chocolate Class?! WOO! sounds like a place for me! : D Maybe I should go into Culinary.. but that would undo my whole diet =( ...but i love Chocolate.. lol but I haven't had any since before last week so I'm doing good It's not even my goal this week.

Maybe I should start running too- I've been afraid of running since I hurt myself in Boot Camp from running and ended up in crutches =( but crutches are a work out too lol and I think my hips and legs are healed after almost 4 years.

Phew! I sure make a lot of posts when I get back on Fit Day =( I'm such a talker lol

Last edited by jhowar16; 02-09-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Thank you =) I guess if I don't get the job then I can prep for job hunting again..

I went out all in the beginning of January with Resume's and handed them out to every store in the mall- only after 2 weeks by, when I was waiting for the first interview at the pizza place did I know I had one typo on my Resume, and it was......my phone number! DAH =/ guess I need to quadroople check my work from now on, usually I'm pretty good at that. But now my Resume is fixed and ready to go!
good luck. This may sound crazy but I kinda miss working in the mall.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Chocolate Class?! WOO! sounds like a place for me! : D Maybe I should go into Culinary.. but that would undo my whole diet =( ...but i love Chocolate.. lol but I haven't had any since before last week so I'm doing good It's not even my goal this week.

Maybe I should start running too- I've been afraid of running since I hurt myself in Boot Camp from running and ended up in crutches =( but crutches are a work out too lol and I think my hips and legs are healed after almost 4 years.

Phew! I sure make a lot of posts when I get back on Fit Day =( I'm such a talker lol
Running scares me too, I'm an asthmatic with short legs, one with a reconstructed knee (so my legs aren't the same length anymore), and a bladder that's been through 3 pregnancies.

I'm chatty too. If that's you in the picture, you look so much like a college friend of mine.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
good luck. This may sound crazy but I kinda miss working in the mall.
Thanks lol I'm not sure I want to return because my number was wrong the first time- I wonder how many tried calling me- if any lol but I wouldn't mind, I live close to the mall and love shopping in a mall
Old 02-09-2011, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Running scares me too, I'm an asthmatic with short legs, one with a reconstructed knee (so my legs aren't the same length anymore), and a bladder that's been through 3 pregnancies.

I'm chatty too. If that's you in the picture, you look so much like a college friend of mine.
Oh wow I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much then, I messed up my hips and my legs somehow but they should be recovered by now- they weren't broken though and doctors couldn't figure out what happened.

And I've never had any kids definitely not ready for any right now.

And yep it's my boyfriend and myself. I live in Michigan so I don't know, people always say I look like some one they know, don't know why.. but soon I am having a drastic hair make over based off one of the girls of country music so we'll see what happens then
Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks lol I'm not sure I want to return because my number was wrong the first time- I wonder how many tried calling me- if any lol but I wouldn't mind, I live close to the mall and love shopping in a mall
I was the stock room manager of Express. Back then I got a 40% discount at Express, Limited, Victoria's Secret & Bath and Body Works.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Wow everyone is so busy! Yesterday it got warm enough to shed my sweatshirt but now people are saying it's going to snow here! Yay!!!

I am trying to catch up on everyone's posts then I am going to try to "kidnap" my god daughter to go get FroYo! I always remember feeling extra special doing stuff like that on school nights!

jhowar16- I always have people tell me I look familiar too! Good luck on the job search, I have to admit I LOL'd about the phone number!

almeeker- No way would I be able to make all that chocolate and not eat some! Do you make dark chocolate???

01gt4.6- I don't even like shopping in a mall! But I love Express and VC!

carolinefrance- That's pretty cool that you are even more in love 9 years later.

staceyalberta- Love the belly dancing outfit!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I was the stock room manager of Express. Back then I got a 40% discount at Express, Limited, Victoria's Secret & Bath and Body Works.
Ooh! I'm not sure what Express is but you got discounts on other stores in the mall? Sweet! We have a Victoria's Secret here too and I do enjoy some of their things in there lol my boyfriend always feel awkward shopping with me there.

VABeachGirl Yea, I couldn't do anything but laugh and say "Oh, maybe that's why no one called me back"

And what is considered warm in your city? Just curious because when Michigan goes through its rough winters, by the time 40 rolls around- pretty soon here- it feels like a heat wave! lol
Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Wow everyone is so busy! Yesterday it got warm enough to shed my sweatshirt but now people are saying it's going to snow here! Yay!!!

I am trying to catch up on everyone's posts then I am going to try to "kidnap" my god daughter to go get FroYo! I always remember feeling extra special doing stuff like that on school nights!

jhowar16- I always have people tell me I look familiar too! Good luck on the job search, I have to admit I LOL'd about the phone number!

almeeker- No way would I be able to make all that chocolate and not eat some! Do you make dark chocolate???

01gt4.6- I don't even like shopping in a mall! But I love Express and VC!

carolinefrance- That's pretty cool that you are even more in love 9 years later.

staceyalberta- Love the belly dancing outfit!
hehehe thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

hi there everyone.

i hope you don't mind me peeking in here, i feel so unmotivated today. and looking for some pointers it help keep me motivated to stay on my food guide log (the canadain one). and to do my 2 excerise goals (work out 30 mins and 10000 steps)

tahnks for any help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.