Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker and Mike, that really is a good idea. I have one that mortified me--taken at a get-together in November and posted by a family member on Facebook. 5'1" and 240 lbs. doesn't look good. Honestly, I didn't know I looked that huge. After seeing that pic, I vowed to not be the fattest one in the family reunion photo this summer. Have already thought of using it for before and progress pics--but not until this summer.

Monday's achievements:

Food
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1342
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 21
Protein goal 100-120g, actual 100 on the nose

Water goal 48 oz.--actual only about 35

Exercise: goal 11 minutes aerobic walking to DVD achieved

"snarkiness" and impatience under better control
Old 02-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have a before pic., and I kind of regret it. I've got some that are years and years old and not on the computer, but...since Thanksgiving, I have not been camera avoidant like I was. I would say that on Thanksgiving, I had a pic taken with my sisters that is the first picture of myself that I ever really liked. And that includes wedding pictures and pictures of me with my newborn son! So hopefully I will have a lifetime of "after" pictures to look forward to.

Stick with it, Mern. I predict you will see a tremendous difference with your reunion pics and the one from November. You are doing a good job with your goals and it will pay off if you keep going .

And I personally believe that anyone who is giving up a hedonistic food way of life for healthier eating should be allowed free rein on snarkiness until the adjustment period is over!!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, Mike. I am getting my camera out. I have previously thought about doing this (I'll keep them on my own computer for my own viewing, thank you very much!), but couldn't work up the courage. Thanks for the challenge!!

BTW, great pics! You look fantastic!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

A couple weeks ago, I stumbled on Mike's pictures on some thread. I decided to take a pics of myself. It's very interesting. I can't believe, how big my belly is. No wonder people (stranger) keep asking if I was pregnant LOL. I think I will keep them for myself right now.
Then I look for the skinny pictures of me 20 some years old, hang it on the fridge to get some inspiration.
I just get out of the overweight range according to the BMI. So I am happy about that. From now on, my journey just getting harder. B/c I check on FD, the most weight I lost is 10 pounds then I gain them all back (yo-yo diet). this time I determine to get to my goal 125, just 7 pounds to go. Yay.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Michelle,

Thanks. Now once you get the camera out, make sure you take AND keep the pic, or it doesn't count.

lastri,

I was mortified myself when I took my first pic. I know I posted about it somewhere. I never realized how I sucked in my gut all day long, until I took off my shirt, got in front of the camera and RELAXED. I was like 'OH CRAP!', it made it oh so real.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yeah, I kind of regret not taking before shots.

But I guess I was a little tentative when I began and didn't want any reminders if I failed. I have tried pinning up unflattering pix of myself as incentives before. For me, at least, it feels more like a reminder of my failure than an incentive to do better.

But that's just me!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Really. Really. Really. Really. Don't want to go down and run my intervals this afternoon.

Somebody kick me in the butt, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Really. Really. Really. Really. Don't want to go down and run my intervals this afternoon.

Somebody kick me in the butt, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cassie ~ Go NOW or you will regret it! I just got back from my workout - you CAN. Just take that first step out the door. LOG OFF AND GO!! the rewards afterwards - a protein drinkk, a hot shower, sense of accomplishment, fresh makeup, whatever - will be worth it!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Michelle,

Thanks. Now once you get the camera out, make sure you take AND keep the pic, or it doesn't count.

lastri,

I was mortified myself when I took my first pic. I know I posted about it somewhere. I never realized how I sucked in my gut all day long, until I took off my shirt, got in front of the camera and RELAXED. I was like 'OH CRAP!', it made it oh so real.
Mike,
I took it. Oh boy. Pictures don't lie. Even looking in the mirror is not the same. It sure was motivation for my workout today!
Thanks for the push. Can't wait to take my AFTER shot!!!!! But, there's work to do first!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Thx Michelle...too miserable to be outside, but I hit Ye Olde Treadmille in the basement!!!

Appreciate the nudge .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.