Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 01-31-2011, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
What takes us years to mess up only takes a fraction of the time to fix. He can turn it around in no time if he wants. How old is he?
He is only 32 and he's got very good amount of muscle on himself even when he doesn't exercise. The thing is, he loves to hang around with me and the kids they should have a family friendly gym, but this will never happen..... weights zone for men, ladies-only pool and cardio zone for women, playground for the kids and baby area for babies and all has to be affordable.

Are there men only/women only gyms and swimming pools in where you guys live?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Are there men only/women only gyms and swimming pools in where you guys live?
Not really, but ours is getting more and more segregated by age, which just makes me purple with anger. How are we supposed to raise our children to lead fit and healthy lives if they never are allowed to participate in the same activities? It's crazy and do you know what drives it around here? The senior citizens don't want to share the gym and the pool with children, well really anybody under 50. You might think it was an incident involving a sex offender, but you would be wrong. The sad part is that the seniors get in free, meanwhile I'm a paying member and can't use the facilities the way I would like to.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
cool, did you get a chance to check it out?
I did and I respond very well to that type of a$$ kicking. It's good tough love, Mike and you did an amazing job on getting fit! Look at you!

I have to say I am a little jealous of your constant and rapid weight loss though. I could not be angrier right now. Today is my weigh-in day and not only did I not lose weight, I GAINED .4 of a pound!!!!! How is this even possible?! It makes no logical sense to me whatsoever! I have consistently exercised every single freaking day, not gone over 1500 calories except for once when I went up to 1850 or something like that. But how could 350 extra calories across an entire week of careful eating and exercise cause any sort of gain?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

I hear you, Rose, been there, done that! Soooo frustrating, but keep in mind that there are going to be little ups and downs along the way even if you did everything right. Sometimes weighing every day is more grief than it's worth. If you're doing everything right, your body will move along soon; that .4 pound has got to be just a normal fluctuation. Hang in there!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I hear you, Rose, been there, done that! Soooo frustrating, but keep in mind that there are going to be little ups and downs along the way even if you did everything right. Sometimes weighing every day is more grief than it's worth. If you're doing everything right, your body will move along soon; that .4 pound has got to be just a normal fluctuation. Hang in there!
Thank you soooo much, Cassie! Luckily I have been taking my measurements once a week and I have lost an entire inch off my waist since just last week! Thank goodness, I did that because I have something to feel really happy about. I could tell in the way my pants were fitting that my waist got smaller which makes the .4-pound weight gain a real anomaly. Like you said, it could just be a fluctuation and I definitely have to stay OFF that damn scale. In fact I am going to add that to my goals this week. I won't weigh myself again until next Tuesday. Wish me luck!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week:

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. close
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. no
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes
4. Walk 3 miles a day at least three times a week. 3 miles in
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed a few holiday pounds. yes

To Do List:

1. Balance checkbook. NO
2. Get tax info ready for accountant. NO
3. Complete an entire week without saying anything negative about anyone. (Hubby and I challenged each other after we realized how snarky we were on a recent trip to Walmart.) If thoughts don't count, I'm good.
4. Do something nice and/or unexpected for someone each day. NO

quinn

Ok, so Monday wasn't great. Heading to my kitchen to prepare some healthy, "go to" foods. Enjoy your day!

quinn
Old 02-01-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

I love the format of this thread!

If you read "Hello, from the snowy East Coast!" last week, that's me. I am a wife, mom of 2 fab kids, volunteer and PE teacher. I have been here about 12 days thus far and logging my food has become so helpful in my journey. Although I worked out 3x with a trainer (first time for this!) last week, plus 2x on my own, my weight has not moved. I do, however, feel a difference in my jeans and see a slight difference in my belly jiggle! I have now upped my calorie limit by 300 to keep my metabolic fires burning.

Had to bring DD home from school yesterday (ill for the first time in her life - grade 5!!!) and so had to reschedule my training session for later today - I AM PUMPED to get moving. Only 4 and a half weeks until March Break and my bathing suit!

My fitness goals for the week:
1. Hit the gym everyday, beginning today.
2. Try at least one new Clean Eating recipe.
3. Continue to log food and journal on FitDay.
4. Water, water, water!
5. Walk instead of drive to pharmacy, store, etc.

Non-fitness goals for the week:
1. Clean off my dresser.
2. Clean out DD's dresser.
3. Find jump rope and fitness band to on March Break.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi PEmom,
Welcome. This thread has just caught fire this year. By mid morning on Monday it already has 3 pages. Sometimes I enjoy reading the posts so much I forget that my objective was to post my own progress.

It has been great fun to see what everyone is focussing on, especially the non-diet and fitness goals.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Rose,

Thanks and no need to be jealous. Trust me, my weight loss has stopped. I've been within a few pounds of where I was a year ago. I wish I could continue to drop... without getting sick. Speaking of, the morning after I got sick I was down to 172.0, that day I layed in bed, barely ate b/c I had no appetite. The next morning I was up to 173.0. Go figure!

When you see me drop a pound or 2 during one of these 1 week challenge, it's not real weight loss. Well it is, but isn't. It's not that I'm lying or fudging the numbers, it's just water weight. Give me a couple months, crawfish will be in season and with all the sodium I will fluxuate 10 pounds in any given week.

My problem is that I'm 'scale obsessed' and I hate it. I weight myself daily, sometimes several times a day. Your .4# gain you should ignore. I, myself, need to quit worring about what the scale says. IT WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS! Next week I can make a goal of weighing myself only twice, boy that would be a tough one.

Check out my signature, I'm the same weight that I was back on Oct.19, 2009. So 15.5 months and still at the same weight. But I think I look like my Sept 23rd pic now and would love to get to my June 4th pic again.... do you see a problem here?? I think I need to see a shrink, is there a doctor in the house?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-01-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default my challenge to the group.

I liked how almeeker challenged the group last week, so I thought of one myself. I challenge every challenger to take a picture of yourself if you haven't taken any "before pics". I know that some of you are already at the after (maintaining) stage, but those of you that aren't it's picture time! I'm not going to ask that you post them up, but do it for yourself.

When I made my mind up and knew that "Fat Mike" was going to be gone, I took my pics. It was VERY hard to do, almost as hard as putting them on YouTube for the world to see! Seriously though without those pictures I'd have nothing to compare my progress to.

Sometimes you lose weight and don't realize how much of a change you've made.

Look at ArchyJill, a 12 pound loss & she looks very different. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...its-worth.html So those of you that have lost 12 pounds and say "I haven't changed much" you say that b/c you don't have before and after pics.

What about the extreme, DiannaMiljour? http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ou-vs-you.html
Do you think she ever regrets taking her before pics? Nope, but she would have regretted not taking them, I'm sure.

Some people have there before and after pics in there signatures or avatars like vabeachgirlNYC. I'd bet if you'd ask her, as much as she may have not liked taken the before pics then, I bet she's glad she did.

Not only will taking progress pics keep you motivated but it will inspire others if you ever decide to post them up.

So now it's on you, suck it up... but not in, and take your pics!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-01-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.