FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 day motivational starting 12/26; everybody ready? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2736-7-day-motivational-starting-12-26%3B-everybody-ready.html)

MunaAmin 12-27-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by gmantych (Post 29546)
Yes you can gain that extra weight prior to when your period would normally start. I had a hysterectomy last October. They did leave my ovaries so I wouldn't have to take horomone replacements. So each month my weight goes up at the same time each month, even though I dont actually have a period.

Thank you so much for your answer :) i'm sorry to hear that you had to have a hysterectomy. I'm actually taking progesterone-only pill, which is a form of birth control. I'm so scared that I'm pregnant again, DH and I are an extremely fertile couple (God forbid, this would be baby #4) each time I lost some weight I became pregnant :) I'm buying a test today, i need to see the little minus on it, just to have peace of mind.

tryinghard2lose, you are off to a good start, cutting out fast food will save you hundreds of calories :)

hunny24, welcome back ;)

cjohnson728, I' not sure where i read it, but it goes like this: two steps forward and one step back will still get you there

MollySue2 12-27-2010 08:46 PM

Thanks, canary...I also need some motivation to get back on track!
My goals for this week are:

1. Drink at least two liters of water every day
2. Go swimming once a week
3. Go running at least twice this week
4. Stop eating sweets, ice cream and cookies :o
5. Clean up the house
6. Paint the kitchen
7. Apply for that wonderful job I spotted on the internet

nottango 12-28-2010 12:12 AM

1. Limit cal's to 1500yesno
2. 72 oz water dailyyesno
3. Daily Wiifit Plus - new Xmas toy! yesyes
4. 5 frts/veg's per dayyesno
5. Multivitamin dailyyesno

Okay, the new job was actually very nice. I met a lot of very nice people, and found out I get a free lunch every day! It's a nursing home, and the food was good - had a nice salad with pineapple. Realized I need to bring my own water to stay hydrated, though as I got behind yesterday. I did well eating-wise until after dinner - those darn Christmas cookies called, and I answered by eating ~14 eek!. :eek: Love the Wii fit so far. Ran outside (Brrr!) for ~ 20 minutes (with my dog, Tango) then ran in place inside for 20 minutes today.:cool:

gmantych 12-28-2010 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by nottango (Post 29566)
1. Limit cal's to 1500yesno
2. 72 oz water dailyyesno
3. Daily Wiifit Plus - new Xmas toy! yesyes
4. 5 frts/veg's per dayyesno
5. Multivitamin dailyyesno

Okay, the new job was actually very nice. I met a lot of very nice people, and found out I get a free lunch every day! It's a nursing home, and the food was good - had a nice salad with pineapple. Realized I need to bring my own water to stay hydrated, though as I got behind yesterday. I did well eating-wise until after dinner - those darn Christmas cookies called, and I answered by eating ~14 eek!. :eek: Love the Wii fit so far. Ran outside (Brrr!) for ~ 20 minutes (with my dog, Tango) then ran in place inside for 20 minutes today.:cool:

I am glad you enjoyed your first day. Its funny that you are working in a nursing home because I start my new job today which is also at a nursing home. I have worked in Long Term Care for the last ten years and I absolutely love it!! I am a Business Office Manager, what field are you in? I have never worked in a nursing home that gave us free lunches though. What a nice perk! I have always been able to buy the lunch for $2-3.00 which I think is a fair price and its usually pretty healthy.

gmantych 12-28-2010 02:31 AM

Report for Monday:

1. 128 oz of water-NO
2. 1500 or less calories-Yes
3. 45 minutes of exercise daily-Yes
4. No sweets! Have to get these cravings under control.-NO

Well I kept my calories under but they werent all good calories.:mad: and I didnt drink very much water. Today is a new day and I am going to keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Hunny24 12-28-2010 03:53 AM

Monday:

Goals for this week:

1) Go to the gym 4 times this week and do my best - No 6 mile runs for me yet - YES Ran 2 miles last night so its a start!
2) Keep calories under 1300 - Have to get rid of all the sugar and crap from my system - YES
3) Try to do carbs only at breakfast time, at least not at dinner - YES
4) No sugar of any kind! - YES

canary52 12-28-2010 04:09 AM

My goals:
1) healthier food: had to eat mellower (1564 cal)/ ate too much, some of it healthy, some not so much
2) more water (64 oz a reasonable goal) 54/ do vodka gimlets count?
3) meditate: yes/ yes
4) write: minimum/ 3+ pages
5) exercise at gym or at home at least 3x this week: home, abs, legs/home exercise
6) don't be so hard on myself (and others): did better, tried to relax/my own worst critic
7) trope: 14 minutes/trope nope

Welcome everyone. Hunny, Cassie, good to see you post again. Nottango I am so glad to hear about your job; Glenda I hope yours goes equally well. MunaAmin I'm glad someone could help answer your question. I am myself in mental pause oops I mean menopause but the other one (mental pause) applies too.

nottango 12-28-2010 10:50 AM

I'm in what they call "peri" menopause - which means it may be 3 weeks before my next period...and it may be 6...and I may have really bad PMS for DAYS ....or I may have no symptoms. Being a woman is so complex!
Glenda, it's a small world! I work in the dietary dept., which is why I get free food. I've worked in hospitals, and always had to pay in the past.
Hope - no, can't count vodka!!!
Molly Sue - apply for that job!!!
Ann - welcome back...was wondering what happened to you! Make sure you're eating enough carb's, or you wont recover well from workouts!
Cassie, I always like reading your posts!

Lily_Raine 12-28-2010 01:01 PM

Re:

My Goals for this week are:

1. Drink more Water
2. Cut down on Sweets
3. Eat healthier lunches
4. Try to get some sort of exercise each day

:)

farahb7 12-28-2010 02:28 PM

it's good to see it's not just me, falling off the wagon! sorry ladies, but if i was the only one, that would have been much tougher to deal with!now, with the motivations and help from this group i can pull myself back together as well, i hope!
i still have to wait for the christmas cookies and treats to disappear first before making it a goal not to touch sweets and deal with my cravings, but last 2 nights i have actually done some exercising which is good, even though not enough. been eating so bad even my hubby is telling me off???!!!??:eek:
but i'll get over this period and get back on track again, we all do!
a question or concern though: for the last week i couldn't access the fourms, could log in my food and exercise, but not the fourms wonder what the cause might have been?