FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 day motivational starting 12/26; everybody ready? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2736-7-day-motivational-starting-12-26%3B-everybody-ready.html)

canary52 12-25-2010 11:36 PM

7 day motivational starting 12/26; everybody ready?

My goals:
1) healthier food
2) more water (64 oz a reasonable goal)
3) meditate
4) write
5) exercise at gym or at home at least 3x this week
6) don't be so hard on myself (and others)

BTW I realize I made a boo boo in the title of the other thread saying it will go to 12/26. Today starts a new one!

MunaAmin 12-26-2010 03:07 AM

Here I am, all ready. I think i hit a plateau :mad: scales didnt move at all last week. I am inspired by some of you here, so i'm creating a new goal - drinking more water.

1)eat less than 2000kcal (preferably under 1900)
2) burn at least 2400kcal
3) alternate top fit/bottom fit on DVD for the whole week
4) bike 10km every 2nd day
5) do arts and crafts with kids
6) drink at least 2L of water daily, that's 4 blue glasses
7) no nuts this week, starting today

canary52 12-26-2010 03:22 AM

MunAmin, I'm glad you're here!

I know,a plateau is so discouraging but at least the scale didn't go up!

I think nuts are healthy in small amounts but it is so hard to eat just a handful, isn't it?

cjohnson728 12-26-2010 05:02 AM

Thanks, canary...I really need a thread to get back on track! I've had my three days of fun (read: stuffing my face) and now it's time to shape up.

1. Drink the water.
2. Exercise.
3. Balance the pie chart.
4. 5 servings of fruits and veggies.
5. Limit the cookies and put them in the food log.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that you did better than I did with the food choices ;).

canary52 12-26-2010 05:05 AM

I love your entry for your current weight: lalala,I can't hear you! LMAO!!!!

yeah last night was a travesty for which I am paying dearly in the form of penitent (and healing) Saltines and dry toast.

nottango 12-26-2010 06:42 AM

Back on the wagon. Ate too much, avoiding the scale today. I'll weigh tomorrow to assess the damage.

1. Limit cal's to 1500
2. 72 oz water daily
3. Daily Wiifit Plus - new Xmas toy!
4. 5 frts/veg's per day
5. Multivitamin daily

Start my new job tomorrow, so it'll be a challenging week.

cjohnson728 12-26-2010 07:38 AM

Good luck on your new job, nottango. I am sure it will be challenging but you will thrive on it! You will really enjoy your Wii Fit,too.

Yep, I avoid the scale for 4-5 days after I fall off the wagon. By then the water and other superfluous stuff is gone and I know I'm dealing with honest gain. Also, the number doesn't freak me out as much and I know I've already taken steps to get back on the road to recovery.

Feel better soon, Hope!

canary52 12-26-2010 07:53 AM

Good luck with the new job Nottango!! Knock em dead!!!!

Thanks for the good wishes Cassie! Maybe I should avoid the scale too (if only I could...)

gmantych 12-26-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by nottango (Post 29444)
Back on the wagon. Ate too much, avoiding the scale today. I'll weigh tomorrow to assess the damage.

1. Limit cal's to 1500
2. 72 oz water daily
3. Daily Wiifit Plus - new Xmas toy!
4. 5 frts/veg's per day
5. Multivitamin daily

Start my new job tomorrow, so it'll be a challenging week.

Good luck on your new job. I start mine on Tuesday. I am very worried about my lunch and snacks this week!

Do you like your WiiFit? We have one but we let someone borrow it and just got it back yesterday because my kids got me The Biggest Loser game. I used it last night and my first work out was Yoga which I didnt think I liked. I dont seem to have the patience for stuff that slow. But I will tell you my abs are hurting this evening!!!

gmantych 12-26-2010 11:44 AM

My goals starting Monday are:

1. 128 oz of water
2. 1500 or less calories
3. 45 minutes of exercise daily
4. No sweets! Have to get these cravings under control.