FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 day motivational starting 12/26; everybody ready? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/2736-7-day-motivational-starting-12-26%3B-everybody-ready.html)

rainbow24 12-26-2010 12:59 PM

I guess I will jump right in.
  1. 2 L water minimum daily
  2. switch over to balanced breakfasts by the end of the week (include vegetables and protein)
  3. begin working on ball routine to strengthen core muscles

Annette

nottango 12-27-2010 12:04 AM

Sunday results:

1. Limit cal's to 1500yes
2. 72 oz water dailyyes
3. Daily Wiifit Plus - new Xmas toy! yes
4. 5 frts/veg's per dayyes
5. Multivitamin dailyyes

Feeling much better this morning after eating well yesterday. Already jogged and completed Wii Fit. I haven't spent much time with it so far because I'm competing with my 6- and 8-yr old's - but so far it's quite fun. Off to the new job - thanks for all the well wishes!

gmantych 12-27-2010 01:46 AM

Well I didnt make my most important goal last week. I gained 1.2lbs :eek:
I am going to buckle down and get that off this week!! I feel really blah. My house is a wreck because I have no energy to get off the couch. But I am going to suck it up today and get it all done!! Eating all that junk is not worth how I feel. It may taste yummy at the moment but I am paying for it!

I hope everyone has a great week!

canary52 12-27-2010 04:24 AM

Report card

My goals:
1) healthier food: had to eat mellower (1564 cal)
2) more water (64 oz a reasonable goal) 54
3) meditate: yes
4) write: minimum
5) exercise at gym or at home at least 3x this week: home, abs, legs
6) don't be so hard on myself (and others): did better, tried to relax
7) trope: 14 minutes

Welcome Annette! Glenda, Glad you jumped in!
I feel your pain! It's tough when we let ourslevses go, much as it would seem to be the ontrary. But sometimes we need that. And I I figure every day is a new startm right?
Nottango, please let us know how the job goes. I'd like to hear how it is.

MunaAmin 12-27-2010 05:19 AM

I have a little problem here. Can your weigh go up, if it usually does go up before your period, even though you take medication which stops the actual period? I'd like to know if that 3lb can be water :(

tryinghard2lose 12-27-2010 05:55 AM

okay here goes

My goals for the week:

Daily:

Calories: 1500>
Water: 70 ounces
Sugars: 30>

NO FAST FOOD
Forgive myself for the past two months of wild, off the wall eating!
Have a plan for next week.

Hunny24 12-27-2010 12:33 PM

Hey guys...haven't been on here in a while. Got a really bad chest congestion and coudln't work out for almost a month. Needless to say during that time, the healthy eating went down the tubes. But I am back at it...ate healthy today and finally went to the gym for the first time in over a month. Sucked but at least I ran a few miles on the treadmill.

Goals for this week:

1) Go to the gym 4 times this week and do my best - No 6 mile runs for me yet
2) Keep calories under 1300 - Have to get rid of all the sugar and crap from my system
3) Try to do carbs only at breakfast time, at least not at dinner
4) No sugar of any kind!

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas! Glad to be back!

Ann

gmantych 12-27-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by MunaAmin (Post 29493)
I have a little problem here. Can your weigh go up, if it usually does go up before your period, even though you take medication which stops the actual period? I'd like to know if that 3lb can be water :(

Yes you can gain that extra weight prior to when your period would normally start. I had a hysterectomy last October. They did leave my ovaries so I wouldn't have to take horomone replacements. So each month my weight goes up at the same time each month, even though I dont actually have a period.

Asianlady 12-27-2010 01:13 PM

Hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas and the new year is coming real soon.

Nottango, hope you are having fun with the new job :)

Like all of you, I have been avoiding the scale since christmas eve. Shall do a weigh in on the usual Thursday.

Goal for the week:
1) Drink 70oz of water daily, avoid all sodas and other sweetened drinks.
2) Do weights at home everyday 3 x 4 sets.
3) Continue with stair climbing everyday.
4) Have breakfast, lunch and dinner not totaling more than 1200 calories.
5) Catch more sleep! 7 hours preferably. Helps to prevent me from munching at night.

Work is gonna get crazy till next week, not to mention the only day off I have is the New Year Day :(

cjohnson728 12-27-2010 04:04 PM

Hmm. Obviously I was not ready for this 7-day cycle; haven't met any of my goals the past couple days. Sheepishly, I will try to do better tomorrow! I have been in this place before, after vacations and Thanksgiving, so I know I can do it, but getting into the mindset is hard this time :(.