Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10 >

7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10

Old 11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Report Card

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-F, and 1,800 SS. 1,595, 2,296, 2,320, 2,448 More crisp
2. Drink 96 oz water everyday. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise M-T-W-Th-S-S, 30 cardio, 15 shoulder, 15 stretching minimum. Yes-1/2-Yes, no-no-no, YES-YES-YES, No-YES-YES
4. CLEAN THIS MESSY MESSY HOUSE!!! Cleaned part of one bedroom, Yes, cleaned part of the front porch, Yes - worked on the kitchen, Some
5. Plan and prepare healthy dinners. No, fend for yourself night, Yes, chuck roast, sweet potatoes, cole slaw, Yes, sloppy-joes on whole wheat slim buns with diced beets and leftover sweet potatoes, No - leftovers
6. Get to the pool 2x. Not yet, No, YES, YES!!! (at 6:30am with all three kids no less!!! Look at me, I'm crazy super wacko mom!!!)[/COLOR]
7. Order the parts for my broken elliptical. No, No, No, NOOOOOOO!!![/COLOR]
8. Work very hard toward being a non-nibbler. Med, Bad, Very Very BAD, Bad

I'm struggling this week with the calories, thank heaven it hasn't been any worse, 2,200-2,500 is right about break even for me so at least I haven't gained any weight. AF is due any second now, I always rock on the edge of diet disaster this time of the month. But I'm going to workout today, and normally I take Fridays off so maybe that will help me stay on track today. I'm also hoping to keep my weekend calories lighter than usual, so hopefully I can make up some of it there as well. All is not lost. There is however one last piece of cherry crisp left, but it's not a huge piece, so even if I eat it, should only amount to about 250 calories. Hopefully the children will be home before I cave and then I can listen to them fight over it. Won't that be fun?

Last edited by almeeker; 11-04-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Well I am happy to say that after my almost week binge of crap, the scale has gone back down a few pounds. Hate when that water/candy weight adds up so quick and causes you a heart attack. It still will take a good week to get the rest off but I know I can do it.

I have my first 10k in almost 10 years next Sat and then Vegas after that. So even though I don't think I will reach my goal of 140 by Vegas, I am going to try my hardest to get close to that. My eating was awesome last night so if I could just keep the calories to around 1200-1300 for the next few days, the excess crap should be able to get out of my system. Happy Friday everyone!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ugh!

The scales weren't so good to me today. I was up from last week, but not surprised. Hubby took me on a date last night to a nice restaurant and I did eat food loaded with sodium. My plan of attack is to drink even more water today and make sure I get my exercise in. One day does not a failure make, right? Stay strong, everyone! It really helps me, too.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Well yesterday started off better than the past two days but didnt end up good. On the way home from work, DD called and the athletic club at school was holding a fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings and she wanted to go. Ugh, I had already planned spaghetti and a big salad for dinner. You know I cant let my children down so yes we headed out to dinner.

I got a buffalo chicken wrap, should have stuck with a salad but it sounded so darn good. Also had thin potato wedges with it so I know I exceeded my calories for the day! The only good thing from yesterday is I did drink all my water.

1. Calories 1500-Yes 1477, NO, NO, NO
2. Exercise 1 hour-Yes, 30 minutes, 0. 30
3. 128 oz of water-Yes, Yes, NO, Yes
4. Fix one new dinner for family to enjoy!!-Not yet-I am not creative especially with new foods!, No, No, No

Its Friday and it is going to be a good day!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Good morning, Everyone!

I had another good day yesterday and I am so glad that I have joined this thread. It is such a great way to stay accountable. As Cassie mentioned, the weekend is coming up and it is such a challenge. This weekend I have both a brunch and a dinner party. Gotta squeeze in as much exercise as I can and have a plan before attending these events.

Confession time:

This past Monday, I had some friends over so I baked an apple pie. I promised myself that I wouldn't have any. I worked all day Monday, rushed home and because my friends have a little son, they came over quite early and I didn't have time to eat dinner. I scarfed down 2 pieces of light cheese and 2 slices of lean turkey. Over the course of the evening I started to get hungry. Inevitably I caved in and ate some pie. The worst thing is after my friends left, I ate more pie! What started out as a commitment to stay away from the pie all together, devolved into an all-out pie binge. Of course I went to bed feeling like a big failure. The next morning I woke up and weighed myself. I was up 2 pounds. Since then I have been exercising, eating well and still those 2 pounds are on the scale. I weigh myself every single morning and every morning I try not to. I even talk to my scale, calling it names when it doesn't give me the results that I want and complimenting it when it does. Am I addicted to the scale? Am I insane because I talk to it? Cassie, maybe you can share your professional opinion, don't mince words, if you think I need to be institutionalized, just tell me. I know it's stupid to weigh myself every single morning but I can't seem to resist.

In other news, I had a very good second day of my 7-day motivational challenge. Here's my report card.

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. Yes Yes
2. Drink 2 litres of water daily. Yes Yes
3. Eat between 1300-1600 calories per day. 1580 1571
4. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day. Yes Yes
5. Take my vitamins. Yes Yes
7. Renew my iron prescription. (I'm anemic.) Not yet
I dont talk to my scale but I do weigh every morning. And it is really getting to me also. Last Sunday it read 215, so excited!! Well today after my horrible week it says 220. Really? Its crazy!! Because of this #, I dont think I have been giving it my all. I really wasn't in to my work out this morning. I was upset thinking that I have gained half of my loss back. Contemplating just giving up again and accepting that I will be fat for the rest of my life.

Obviously I dont want to give up and be defeated by a number. So I am really going to try and weigh just once a week. I dont know what else to do!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms. It's been a really rough week for me personally, emotionally, and physically. I am feeling pretty low but I just have to pick myself up and start over. I will weigh next Sunday after I've been at it for over a week.

My goals for tomorrow:
Run 3 miles
Drink 1 gallon of water
Stay under 1200 calories, 100 carbs
Stay positive...
Get off caffeine (I'm addicted to 5 hour energy drinks! Ugh!)

Good luck everyone. It's great to be back!
We are glad to have you back!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies. Friday is half over and I am just checking in for Thursday. Oh well....

1. 96 oz of water each day. YES,YES,YES,Almost
2. Stay out of the candy! YES,YES,YES,YES (but I ate choc.chips instead)
3. Exercise 5 days this week plus extra ab work. YES,NO (to abs),NO(to abs)YES
4. No processed foods. SORT OF,YES,NO(choc. chip cookies did me in )NO (cupcakes)
5. Clean the junk out of the bedroom that hubby moved there while he started a project in another room.NO, NO,NO (thinking about just moving myself into a different bedroom so that I don't have to look at the junk), NO,decided it was a bad goal to start with
Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

So starting back up on a Friday is just hard for me! I have no energy (day 2 with no caffeine) so I'm going to get a good's night rest ready to kick butt tomorrow!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Nooooooo

gmantych, please don't give up. I'm counting on you to stay strong! We all have bad days, and even weeks and sometimes whole months or years. This is a journey. Get back up, baby! Tomorrow is another day, and one bad one does not a failure make. I'm not perfect at all, so why should you be? You have a special talent to motivate people...you have with me. We're still in this together. We can succeed!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
I dont talk to my scale but I do weigh every morning. And it is really getting to me also. Last Sunday it read 215, so excited!! Well today after my horrible week it says 220. Really? Its crazy!! Because of this #, I dont think I have been giving it my all. I really wasn't in to my work out this morning. I was upset thinking that I have gained half of my loss back. Contemplating just giving up again and accepting that I will be fat for the rest of my life.

Obviously I dont want to give up and be defeated by a number. So I am really going to try and weigh just once a week. I dont know what else to do!

Glenda, let's make a pact to weigh in just once a week! I'm willing to try that if you are.

I doubt that you gained 5 pounds back. It's probably water retention. The same thing has happened to me on occasion and within a week those 5 pounds will be gone. If you look at the big picture what will one week mean in this important journey? Don't give up! We're all in this together! If you feel like giving up, just think about all of us here on the forum who will feel that way too at one time or another. What would you say to one of us who felt like giving up? Hang in there, Glenda and thank you for sharing your experience here on the forum. You've obviously inspired Darlean and me and that says a lot about you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.