Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread - 11/1/10

Old 11-07-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Under the weather

I haven't tracked eating the past couple of days because I have been so sick with some kind of bug. Sore throat, sinus pressure, body aches. Did an intense Jillian Michaels workout yesterday morning, but everything went down hill from there. Spent most of yesterday in bed, and this morning isn't going much better. Family went to church, but I'm feeling worse than ever. Can't wait to get back to working out. Food has no appeal whatsoever. I'm living through all of you right now, so love seeing the workouts that you're doing and the healthful eating that's going on. Even the motivation to get back at it by some who are having a tough time is inspirational. Thanks ladies. I'll catch back up as soon as I can. Keep up the great work. I'm watching.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

I'm tracking but was still kinda sick yesterday so not really caring about what the ratios were and definitely did not need the assistance of any more fiber. I slept plenty and was under calorie burn, but today I need to get back on my goals to end out the week. I hope you feel better soon, Darlean!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 1600 calories a day, maybe more realistic?
2) drink more water, a must
3) 3 days walking or gym
4) eat more veggies
5) try to remain positive
6) do more work

Last edited by canary52; 11-07-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

It sounds like a number of us were sick w bugs!

I ran 5 mi Sat am and did a 50 min cardio boxing video today. Then I volunteered at the PTO craft fair and here's what the ladies had me do: I schlepped a cooler filled with ice and sodas over my shoulder and wandered among the huge craft fair and vendors shouting, "COLD DRINKS FOR SALE!" I did this for 3 hours! I think I must have burned some calories today, don't you think?

I'm also one day 1 of the "Alternate Day Diet," anyone tried this? I had about 600 calories today (it suggests 0-500 but more if you exercise that day and I think the video + drink hawking did it). Has anyone tried this diet? it's supposed to be really good for fat loss, muscle gain, longevity, diabetes, cancer, asthma, and allergies.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

It sounds like a number of us were sick w bugs!

I ran 5 mi Sat am and did a 50 min cardio boxing video today. Then I volunteered at the PTO craft fair and here's what the ladies had me do: I schlepped a cooler filled with ice and sodas over my shoulder and wandered among the huge craft fair and vendors shouting, "COLD DRINKS FOR SALE!" I did this for 3 hours! I think I must have burned some calories today, don't you think?

I'm also one day 1 of the "Alternate Day Diet," anyone tried this? I had about 600 calories today (it suggests 0-500 but more if you exercise that day and I think the video + drink hawking did it). Has anyone tried this diet? it's supposed to be really good for fat loss, muscle gain, longevity, diabetes, cancer, asthma, and allergies.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=Darlean;24783]I haven't tracked eating the past couple of days because I have been so sick with some kind of bug. Sore throat, sinus pressure, body aches. Did an intense Jillian Michaels workout yesterday morning, but everything went down hill from there.

Try to rest up!
Which Jillian Michaels did you do? I have 30 day shred and Yoga.
I sometimes wonder if weight loss/low cal days mean I get sick more--this seems to be the pattern. I wonder if it's sort of one more stressor on the body.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

1. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No,Yes, Yes, No, yes-sick, yes-sick, yes
2. Drink 2.5 -3 of my big blue bottles of water daily.Yes, Yes, No, Yes, no-sick, no-sick, yes
3. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily.Yes, Yes, Yes, No, no-sick, no-sick, yes
4. Stay 200 calories under what I burn each day this week, to regroup after the past two weekends of being way over.Yes, No (horribly no), Yes, Yes, yes-sick, yes-sick, yes
5. Stay on my regular exercise schedule.Yes*, No, Yes, Yes, no-sick, no-sick, yes
6. Get in at least 25 g fiber each day.Yes-29, Yes-41, Yes-30, Yes-34, definitely no-sick, no-sick, yes-28
7. Take my vitamins.Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, no-sick, no-sick, yes

Thanks so much for starting this thread! Brilliant idea and a great way to nail down specific goals! And as always here on FD, it helps to have someone going through the ups and downs with you. I appreciate all of you . Keep up the great work, everyone!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, Congrats on your success, so far....how have you done it??? Are the goals you listed for the week new ones or is the norm for you? I am wondering because my weight loss goal is very similar to yours and I am wondering if I can be as successful as you. Wait to hear from you....
slweaver48