Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-07-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

thanks for the tip on the signature thing.

I'm not opposed to others having surgery; in fact if I wasnt scared of it I'd probably do it, but I have issues when it comes to going under the knife..lol. Maybe by the time I lose 100 pounds and keep it off for a year it wont seem so scarey. As I am getting older (53), it doesnt seem as important to me as it would have back when I was in my 30s or 40s, although you are never too old to want to be able to run and jump and play without the skin getting in the way. Like you all said, I'll deal with that when I get to it. Good ideas about building up some muscle. Thanks!

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-09-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: testing to see how edit works
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Remember how I said I was going to stay off the scale for a month? Yeah right.. didn't happen. Weighed in last night and showed a loss of 3.5 lbs! Woo Hoo!

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-08-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning lovelies! Sitting at the airport wearing my "old" jeans that did not fit this summer -- I really don't know why my weight is not dropping more, but I am happy to be seeing other evidence of my hard work!

And I was up at 5:30 a.m. to do my lower body firm -- I didn't want to be, BIDIA (but I did it anyway!)

ANg
Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Laura-Great job on the weight loss! I know that I could never weigh just once a month. I weigh everyday and I think its getting to me. I am not seeing any weight coming off. You may have told me before but what does your eating and exercise plan look like?

Ang-I know it must feel great to get back in to some "old" jeans. I have some that I just cant wait to wear! Do you travel alot? I used to be a regional mgr for nursing homes. I had to travel weekly. It really was hard on my DD so I had to go back to working locally. She is a little older now so I am thinking about hitting the road again.

almeeker-Can you share your homemade marinara sauce with us? I am guessing you used whole wheat pasta? I have started using that and you really can't tell a difference. My family didn't even know!

I am sooo glad its Friday!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Glenda - my calorie intake is all over the place ranging from 900 - 1500 per day and I am trying to get in some type of exercise 6 days per week.

I have been walking before work, Monday thru Friday, for a minimum of 1 mile and up to 3 miles. Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to Aqua Fitness at the YMCA after work and on Saturdays I take an Aqua Jog class at the YMCA.

A friend gave me 5 pounds weights, so I plan to use those every other day for upper body strength. Going to try to get to the gym on Sunday to do cardio on the stationary bike and lower body strength training.

It has only been about 5 weeks that I have been doing this. Hoping to keep the momentum going!!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Glenda,

We always use whole wheat pasta in our house. Once you go there, you never go back! We feel like regular pasta isn't nearly as rich and hearty as whole wheat, and tends to not fill us up as well.

I'm exhausted today. I missed my alarm (you know, the one that never went off), and woke up an hour late; yet still got to work only 10 minutes late. The higher power was on my side today. Now, if only I can make it until 4:30, I'll be good to go! that's 7 hours on my watch....let's pray that I can make it!

I can't wait until this weekend. I have off on Monday, so I am going to try to make dinner that night. I found this awesome recipe in a Weight Watchers cookbook for biscotti, which I need to share with people on the Holiday thread in another group...I think I'll try it and then post it on my blog, and then link it from there...depending on how it works out. 70 calories for 2 small biscotti? I don't think you can go very wrong there. Maybe it will be worth it. Who knows? Or I'm sort of feeling fat-free pumpkin mousse. mmmm

Anyway, here's looking to a bright day, and hopefully greater weekend.

Hope you all are well.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by brandismom1990
Good morning lovelies! Sitting at the airport wearing my "old" jeans that did not fit this summer -- I really don't know why my weight is not dropping more, but I am happy to be seeing other evidence of my hard work!

And I was up at 5:30 a.m. to do my lower body firm -- I didn't want to be, BIDIA (but I did it anyway!)

ANg
It is possible that either you are losing weight but replacing it by muscle and so it wouldnt show on the scale ~or~ it might be time to lower your calories by 100 and see if you drop faster? ~ or~ not knowing how many calories you are taking in, perhaps you started too low and need to raise them by 100??

Glad you are able to see positive changes anyway! thats what this journey is all about!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

I have set some new goals for myself. Starting today, I'm going to track the number of days I met those goals each week in my signature. I have also decided to make my food log public for the next 10 days. It probably seems a little silly to announce that, but I'm hoping it will help motivate me to jump start some healthy eating habits today. I didnt do well yesterday and therefore didnt post to my food log. So I need to do something, and I thought if I came here and committed myself to eating healthy AND promised to post every bite I eat for the next 10 days (regardless of whether or not I was staying on program), that it would help motivate me.

Wishing all of you a healthy successful day today too.

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-08-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default frustrated and upset. :-(

I am extremely frustrated and upset today. I have such a sweet tooth, and all I want today is a cupcake. I am trying to get my mind off of it, and so far I have not caved. I don't know if any of you have a huge sweet tooth or not, but what have you done to get past the feeling of "OMG I NEED A PIECE OF CAKE/COOKIE/CANDY/ICE CREAM NOW!!!" feeling? I'm totally exhausted of all ideas, and I am so very upset right now, I can't even hold back tears.

Any ideas? Help!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies,

I'm happy to report that even though for some reason I totally doubt the math, eating less and working out more is working! As of Wednesday I have lost 7lbs in 3 weeks!

Today I woke up with a killer cold, so I'm hoping that it doesn't set me back too much it terms of working out. Luckily this cold has a sore throat with it so I'm not too excited about eating (small victory).

In other news my Doctor put me on phentermine which is an appetite suppressant, I will start tommorrow and my Dr. requires a monthly visit with food log to go over how the drug is affecting me. and my eating habits. My mom's motto about prescriptions and Dr.s was always "better living through chemistry" so I guess that's why I don't mind trying out a drug.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay on the wagon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.