Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by brandismom1990
WARNING -- MAY BE TOO MUCH INFO FOR SOME!!! But sometimes it's the little things that give you big inspiration!!

Just a quick WOO HOO for myself. Even though I haven't lost a ton yet -- things must be shifting around because today, when I when to groom certain "nether areas", I didn't have to heave my stomach out of the way to do it. I was so excited!!!!

(okay -- hope that didn't gross anyone out -- but I bet most of you know exactly what I mean!!!)
Oh, darlin' I know exactly what you mean! Is it bad that I am so very excited for you?

I have a few things that I imagine every so often about "when i lose weight". I want to be able to use the skinny stalls in public bathrooms and not feel about about using the handicap stalls, just because I'm not comfortable in the little ones. I, too, would love to groom myself properly and without too much effort. There are so many little things that I want, and they are propelling me to do my best. *sigh*

But then there are fears, the main one being "what is going to happen to all my excess skin when I'm thinner?" Any ideas on that one? I don't want to have the skin of an elephant if at all possible.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mlcooli
Good morning ladies,

today to my surprize i hopped on the scale thinking i would be the same since i've already lost 8 in a few days and i'm down 2 more. i didn't realize how much junk food i intake or how much sugar and calories my coffee and frapichinno addiction added up. aparently alot. i swear i'm eating just being more aware of what i'm and i've been drinking lots of water which is something i don't normally do.
i'm just worried that i'm loseing it too fast and than i won't lose any.
Enjoy the great start! I know when I started to eat junk again I literally gained ten pounds in a week. Just the sodium alone will do that to me, so if I start fixing all my foods from scratch the sodium count is way down and I'll lose 10 pounds the first week too. But dont worry about it just being water weight because some of it will be fat. Also, there is evidence out there that high sodium diets and retaining water actually slows our body's ability to lose fat weight (I'll go look for the article, been a long time). So keep up the good eating, keep drinking your water and say yahoo!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Susan -- welcome and there is a forum about food where people talk about food plans. But I have found that calorie counting and logging with fitday and keeping everything around 30/30/40 (fat, protein, carbs) works for me.

And I love your quote "I am a long way from being fit but believe I can be!" That makes such a difference!!! The belief you CAN be fit. Like you, I lost a lot, then regained it and that can shake that belief so join us and help me stay a believer too!

Ang
Thanks Ang. 30/30/40 has worked well for me too in the past. I find if I strive for 30/30/30 and let the last 10 fall where it may, I usually have the least amount of stress associated with planning my meals. As always, I still always want that magic bullet to dump a lot of pounds fast, but I know its all about changing up my lifestyle and sticking with it. We can be believers together! I really do believe we'll get there.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

WARNING -- MAY BE TOO MUCH INFO FOR SOME!!! But sometimes it's the little things that give you big inspiration!!

Just a quick WOO HOO for myself. Even though I haven't lost a ton yet -- things must be shifting around because today, when I when to groom certain "nether areas", I didn't have to heave my stomach out of the way to do it. I was so excited!!!!

(okay -- hope that didn't gross anyone out -- but I bet most of you know exactly what I mean!!!)
LOL, a while back I WOO HOO'ed over having the water in the bath tub flow all around me, instead of my fat fanny being a complete seal from one side of the tub to the other. It's all good!!!

Originally Posted by nru1286
Oh, darlin' I know exactly what you mean! Is it bad that I am so very excited for you?

I have a few things that I imagine every so often about "when i lose weight". I want to be able to use the skinny stalls in public bathrooms and not feel about about using the handicap stalls, just because I'm not comfortable in the little ones. I, too, would love to groom myself properly and without too much effort. There are so many little things that I want, and they are propelling me to do my best. *sigh*

But then there are fears, the main one being "what is going to happen to all my excess skin when I'm thinner?" Any ideas on that one? I don't want to have the skin of an elephant if at all possible.
You know I worry about the skin myself, but I figure that I'm going to have the skin with or without the fat, so I choose to have it without. If it looks really horrible at goal, I'll deal with that bridge when I get there. So far I do notice the skin sagging in certain areas, but over time it seems to get better, either that or I just get used to it.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

I am laughing. I dont actually groom my netherland, hehe, but I am most familiar with moving my fat out of the way. I just hate that. It is one of the biggest motivators for me. I cant wait until the only thing on me that sags is extra skin and my boobs.. lol.. and no, I'm not 'hoping' for the latter two things, but I'm realistic that 20 years of being very overweight has taken its toll, but I'm okay with that. Better than having to lift my fat out of the way. Congrats on your weight loss and the resulting achievement!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

OK here's a little insight on the extra skin thing.

Few years ago when I dropped over a hundred pounds ( I was in my late 30's/early 40's .. I cant remember exactly) the skin was still elastic enough to shrink quite a bit. Yes there were still some sagging like my upper arms, but it wasnt all that bad.

Now that I am into my 50's it doesnt seem to be working that same way. I see some skin that still has a little elasticity in it and it seems to be shrinking some as I lose, but as my doc said, the reality is, once you hit 50, its hard to get it back in shape. Depending how vain you are, or how much it bothers you, you may have to think about surgery. That was not the answer I wanted to hear, and so, like almeeker, I have decided to cross that bridge when I get there.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

I did notice the extra skin on my arms right away, so my solution has been to build some muscle to fill it up with. I still have more skin than I need, and unless I do some crazy muscle building I always will, but it has helped quite a lot. I've noticed that even skinny women my age have a bit of under arm flapping action going on, so I feel okay with the flexing/ripped/flapping look. Now if only I could figure out how to do that for my saggy elephant fanny... I did see an info-mercial with this Italian guy that made workout DVD's for the butt, but he pronounced it "da boot", which I think would put me into hysterics, right up until the point where it sliced through my last nerve...

Tonight for dinner I made homemade marinara sauce and poured copious amounts of it over a mound of spaghetti pasta, and it was totally yummy for like 240 calories. There is a big bucket of leftovers, so I'm thinking lunch tomorrow is all taken care of...

Last edited by almeeker; 10-07-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

I am lucky enough to still hopefully be young enough not to have that issue when i get down to my goal. i guess if it is i will have to deal with it. some one that i use to work with lost about 125 pounds and she had to get surgery because all the extra skin was rubbing to gether and giving her infections. so her insurance paid for a "skin" lift not sure what the medical term is for it.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

I know if I keep poking around the site, I'll find this but I was wondering if someone could tell me how some of you have your stats at the bottom of your messages (like a signature). Is that only a premium option?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

SUSANBFIT - go to the top of the page to the darker blue line.. find UserCP/ click on it and edit signature.

Thats the other thing I found out.. most insurance companies... after you lose X amount of weight ( it has to be significant, not like 20 lbs) and keep it off a year, will also pay to do breast reduction and fanny tucking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.