Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-08-2010, 11:38 PM
  #91  
FitDay Member
 
WeightlossBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 292
Default

Gained 0.5lbs this week, but I've had two good losses from the past 2 weeks so it's not the end of the world. Plus my muscles are positively rippling in my arms and legs.

Measurements for this fortnight;
Bust - 48 (+0.5)
Waist - 41.5 (-2.5)
Natural Waist - 39 (-2)
Love Handles - 47 (-2)
Hips - 45 (+1)
Left Upper Arm - 15.75 (+0.75)
Right Upper Arm - 14.75 (-0.25)
Both Forearms - 11 (0)
Left Thigh - 27.75 (0)
Right Thigh - 26.75 (-0.5)
Left Calf - 18.5 (+0.5)
Right Calf - 18 (-0.25)

Not the most amazing losses, but my body is changing my ways that even I am beginning to notice.
WeightlossBoo is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 03:46 AM
  #92  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Port Talbot U.K.
Posts: 9
Default

I have been reading the posts since I joined this forum last week ,thank you whoever explained how to get display on the bottom of posts.

I start every day with good intentions and finish with something bad.

So tomorrow is another day and start again.

I have just been browsing SparkRecipes and there is some very nice recipes there

I am away now to make a cheesecake using lowcal jelly,cream,philly,yoghurt and gingernut biscuits with lowfat flora.
pamsdish is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 05:13 AM
  #93  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by pamsdish
I have been reading the posts since I joined this forum last week ,thank you whoever explained how to get display on the bottom of posts.

I start every day with good intentions and finish with something bad.

So tomorrow is another day and start again.

I have just been browsing SparkRecipes and there is some very nice recipes there

I am away now to make a cheesecake using lowcal jelly,cream,philly,yoghurt and gingernut biscuits with lowfat flora.
I believe you cant stop trying. Congrats on deciding you will start again and for looking for good recipes. I have started a thread for a 7 day motivational challenge on another thread if you'd like to track there what your goals are for this week. I post here too, but decided I needed both
What are your long term goals? I have decided that to lose weight I cant just focus on what I eat or weigh. I have to set some new long term life changing goals... like deciding to meditate everyday, and to turn the tv off in favor of having friends over, etc. I have been very reclusive the last 10 years... I have come to realize in order to keep the weight off, I need to change what I do that makes me turn to food for comfort all the time. I know this is a big topic and I'm limited in my ability to describe what is necessary for me, but I think most of us have to focus on all the facets that led us down the road to being overweight.
Good wishes for you this week. I know you can do it!
susanbfit is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 05:39 AM
  #94  
FitDay Member
 
WeightlossBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by pamsdish
I have been reading the posts since I joined this forum last week ,thank you whoever explained how to get display on the bottom of posts.

I start every day with good intentions and finish with something bad.

So tomorrow is another day and start again.
Heya,
Great to see someone else from the UK! I'll actually be able to 'borrow' recipes from you.
And you're right, tomorrow IS another day. You're starting well, just gotta work out how to get to the finish without being bad. I think your healthy cheesecake should help a bit! YUM. x
WeightlossBoo is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:35 AM
  #95  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 115
Post Better attitude AFTER walk.

Hi ladies, It has been a rough work work week for me and no walking made me cranky especially when I reverted back to my comfort foods during the week. One pop, chips and last night chinese food. How I managed to keep it all within my calorie range is beyond me. I realize now that I was so physically tired I was getting lethargic, depressed and cranky. ALL those are now triggers I will have to watch.
Today is another story as it is the first of three days off and even though I sat here reading this forum this morning, I shut down the computer and strapped on the sneakers and got out and moved my butt for a good long walk (90 minutes). Covered a lot of ground over hill and dale. I contemplated walking home but took the bus back home. All I could think about is - 'Gotta get that 'bird' in the oven by 1PM' LOL Thanksgiving here this weekend. Tomorrow is another day and I plan to huff and puff through out the town again. Thanks for being here everyone, even if I don't post, I read. Carren
carrenross is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
  #96  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11
Default Need to get motivated and out of my slump!

Everyday I say I am going to eat better and for most of the day I do....then I get that sugar craving and all bets are off....starting to feel worthless about not being able to care more about my health
cacilona is offline  
Old 10-10-2010, 12:56 AM
  #97  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by cacilona
Everyday I say I am going to eat better and for most of the day I do....then I get that sugar craving and all bets are off....starting to feel worthless about not being able to care more about my health
Have you tried turning to fruit? I just found recently that 3 oz. of raspberries with 2 tablespoons of fat-free cool whip truly make for a sweet ending of the day. Sugar addictions can be hard to get over, but you can do it! I'm trying really hard to do so, and I have my days, but it will be okay. I'm here for you!
nru1286 is offline  
Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 AM
  #98  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Originally Posted by [B
cacilona[/B];22856]Everyday I say I am going to eat better and for most of the day I do....then I get that sugar craving and all bets are off....starting to feel worthless about not being able to care more about my health
When i get those cravings i leam toward something sweet but sugar free thats not horrible. try those 100 calorie snack packs with cookies or maybe surburt ice cream if yuo ignore the cravings you'll give in every time.

yesterday went apple picking had a picnic with family peanbutter and jelly so i was thrown off a bit but still stayed with in calorie range, my daughters birthday is coming up i may have to work this one out lol cake!
mlcooli is offline  
Old 10-10-2010, 04:48 AM
  #99  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Gained 0.5lbs this week, but I've had two good losses from the past 2 weeks so it's not the end of the world. Plus my muscles are positively rippling in my arms and legs.

Measurements for this fortnight;
Bust - 48 (+0.5)
Waist - 41.5 (-2.5)
Natural Waist - 39 (-2)
Love Handles - 47 (-2)
Hips - 45 (+1)
Left Upper Arm - 15.75 (+0.75)
Right Upper Arm - 14.75 (-0.25)
Both Forearms - 11 (0)
Left Thigh - 27.75 (0)
Right Thigh - 26.75 (-0.5)
Left Calf - 18.5 (+0.5)
Right Calf - 18 (-0.25)

Not the most amazing losses, but my body is changing my ways that even I am beginning to notice.
Congrats on the body changes and the positive attitude. You inspired me to go take my measurements this morning.. ack! but its good to know. Today is day one of my 7 day motivational challenge (which I guess is just with myself..heh). I had hoped to find people to join me because it always helps me to know others are cheering me on, but even though no one did, I'm still going to try to see what I can accomplish in 7 days. I have had such a hard time starting again. I had just totally given up when I up'd my exercise, but gained weight because I had also up'd my eating. hehe.. I know thats not the way to do it! Anyway, today is a new day and I am inspired.

Looking forward to hearing what your stats are next week weightlossboo!
susanbfit is offline  
Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 AM
  #100  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by carrenross
Hi ladies, It has been a rough work work week for me and no walking made me cranky especially when I reverted back to my comfort foods during the week. One pop, chips and last night chinese food. How I managed to keep it all within my calorie range is beyond me. I realize now that I was so physically tired I was getting lethargic, depressed and cranky. ALL those are now triggers I will have to watch.
Today is another story as it is the first of three days off and even though I sat here reading this forum this morning, I shut down the computer and strapped on the sneakers and got out and moved my butt for a good long walk (90 minutes). Covered a lot of ground over hill and dale. I contemplated walking home but took the bus back home. All I could think about is - 'Gotta get that 'bird' in the oven by 1PM' LOL Thanksgiving here this weekend. Tomorrow is another day and I plan to huff and puff through out the town again. Thanks for being here everyone, even if I don't post, I read. Carren
Happy Thanksgiving Carren. And thank you for posting about your walk. I have decided to use everyone's posts to inspire me this week as I need the extra inspiration. So I too am headed out to go for a walk. Its basically winter here, although we have no snow we dont have any leaves left on the trees and the frost is on the ground, but the sun is shining this morning and its beautiful. I have a 2, 3, and 5 mile walk route, I'll head for the 3 and see how I do! Enjoy that bird!
Susan
susanbfit is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.