Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-01-2010, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Figured I'd start this month's thread, as it is officially October! Colored leaves, a chill in the air, and maybe a sweatshirt here and there; and if you happen to be from a bit of a warmer climate, may your days be mild enough to make you cozy!

Why October Ovation? Because I have a great feeling that this is going to be a superb month...where everyone deserves an ovation here or there!

Old 10-01-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo! Thanks for starting this month's thread. I like the title.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

I like it too. I'd given a new title some thought and all I could come up with was "Orange you gonna lose weight in October?". Ovations in October is much much nicer.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

I like OVATIONS too. I remember an episode of designing women where a guy designed a box that, everytime you opened it, there was applause -- so you could give yourself props all the time. Someone should really invent that!

(okay, someone did -- the THINGS you can find on the interwebs!!!

Box of Applause – Canned clapping - The Red Ferret Journal)
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nru1286
Figured I'd start this month's thread, as it is officially October!
Why October Ovation? Because I have a great feeling that this is going to be a superb month...where everyone deserves an ovation here or there!

I think I'm losing it! I completely blanked that it is October now. Duh!!!

Can you hear my whooping and clapping??? That's my standing ovation to all of you! You rock! This week my rocking was more 70's easy listening with a half pound lost, but I did meet my work out targets and was genuinely sore a couple of days. I think it's paid off my upper arms are a 1/2 inch smaller this week. Not so bad for an amateur. Thank you ladies for helping me fight the good fight on the road to being healthier.

Hugs to everyone!

Harpeg
Old 10-01-2010, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

I'm losing it, too. I read that as "October Ovulations." LOL! I was wondering if you knew something about my cycle that I didn't....

Weighed in this morning at down 3lbs for the month. It's in the right direction, so yay! It's coming off slower now, but I weigh less, and I think that darn 4,000mg+ teriyaki bowl swelled me up like a water balloon. I might try weighing again next week and see if it drops.

Here's to a great October!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Great new title!

nru: great title for this month!
zootnarf: ROFLOL - You made me snort with your October Ovulations!

Bad couple of food days here starting with that Wok Box fiasco but digging my heals in and getting back on track. Not much walking done but have got all my spring bulbs in the ground. I have also started to do 100 bicep curls before bed each night. Might not be the best time but all I can do after is sleep anyways! LOL

Standing ovation to you all!
Carren
Old 10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Just started today and I know I can use all the support I can get. I am so tried of losing the same 20lbs.

Current 221lbs
Short term 200lbs
Goal 125-130lbs

Honestly if I could reach 170lbs I would feel sooooo skinny!!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not gonna lie....I almost typed "Ovulations" when posting the title of the thread.

Yesterday was so-so. I've been trying to cut down my sodium intake, which I found is very hard in the US. I am proud of myself because I went out to an event where they served delicious food, and I did not imbibe in any of it (as I know they were calorie-packed)! But then I came home and had some ravioli. I don't regret it, it was delicious. And my calorie count was still pretty low; but the sodium count was not optimal.

Any ideas on how to lower sodium count during the day? Meal ideas, food ideas, how to flush it from your system besides drinking a gallon of water a day?

Greatly appreciative.

Hope all are well.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, dhburns! It's good to have you here, and we're excited to hear about your journey. You can do it!

Well, I will now smugly say that I was right. After weighing yesterday and only losing 3 pounds for the month, I had a feeling I was bloated from all the extra sodium I'd inadvertently eaten. I weighed again today, and I was down 2 more pounds for a total of 5 pounds in September!

I told my husband last night that I thought I only lost 3 pounds because I was all "bloaty." He gave me that look (you know that look our men give us when we're using our Girl 'Logic'?), and he said that one bad meal couldn't make that much of a difference.

Let me just state once again: I was RIGHT!

As far as sodium goes, I am continually astonished when I see how much sodium the restaurant and fast food industry cram into one meal. It often is more (or MUCH more) than I want to eat in a day. I think to lower sodium counts, you have to make the food yourself so you can control what goes into it. The more fresh fruits and veggies you can add into a dish, then the lower the sodium count will be. And read those food labels! A similar product can have a very different sodium count.

Here's to a low-sodium, no-bloaty October for all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.