Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-06-2010, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Just checking in -- when I work at home alone, I need contact with the outside world. I am de-cluttering my house right now and am finding my way out from under piles of old nail polish, lotions, torn stockings and ripped, buttons lost and other items that need to go IN THE TRASH.

I have 45 more mins, then I have to get dressed and go shopping for a dress my niece's wedding (and i don't want to buy anything now with the weight going down, but I'm not in my old 14s yet -- grrr). I will buy what looks good, not worry about the size and take it in or throw it out later!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

May I join this group?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Of course you can join us! Welcome! This is the best group going here!

Thanks Brandismom and almeeker for the encouragement. I love your preaching smooch LOL!

Although my girlfriend is really thin, and she does compliment me on my loss, it's always in a backhanded manner.. like... you are looking so good with the weight loss but your jeans still look a little tight. That kinda thing *( although she cant say that about my jeans anymore they are ALL very baggy on me now.)

You all are awesome! Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Game gal says ...Although my girlfriend is really thin, and she does compliment me on my loss, it's always in a backhanded manner.. like... you are looking so good with the weight loss but your jeans still look a little tight. That kinda thing ...

Oh yes, I forget, it's not only our fellow "fat friends" who have a weird backhanded way of complimenting us, our thin friends can be as devious. And I am SERIOUS, this was devious. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's a bit threatening that she might not be able to stand next to you much longer as the "Thin friend" -- and again, this is NOT probably intentional, but it's just HUMAN. Please, when you find the internal strength to do so -- call her on it. If she doesn't realize she's sabotauging you, she'll say "mea culpa, I am sorry" if she DOES realize it and has been doing it intentionally, she'll get pretty offended. Either way, you'll know and can ADDRESS IT. It's totally a human thing and real friends will go "ohmigo$h, didn't realize, how can I help?" I hope she will!!!! If not, I PROMISE, there are better friends.

Either way -- be YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND!!!

Much love,
Angela
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nfrogg

May I join this group?
I think I speak for the group when I say YES, YES, YES!! These ladies have been very accepting of me -- and seem to support all people who are committed to this journey and recognize it as a JOURNEY with all its ups and downs!

Ang
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,
Today is my first day looking around the fit-day forums. I would like to join your thread too. if thats okay? My all time high weight was about 275-280 depending on whether I used the doctors scale or mine. I lost almost 100 pounds using a diet software, and then gained a good portion of that back when I stopped logging. I want to restart my fitness journey and know it is always easier when its a journey shared. My nickname is meant to be encouragement to myself. I am a long way from being fit but believe I can be!

Is there a site/forum where people talk about the eating program they are following? I was thinking I'd just start counting the calories and see where that takes me, but I'm always interested in hearing what works for other people.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Susan
Old 10-06-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susanbfit
Hi,
Today is my first day looking around the fit-day forums. I would like to join your thread too. if thats okay? My all time high weight was about 275-280 depending on whether I used the doctors scale or mine. I lost almost 100 pounds using a diet software, and then gained a good portion of that back when I stopped logging. I want to restart my fitness journey and know it is always easier when its a journey shared. My nickname is meant to be encouragement to myself. I am a long way from being fit but believe I can be!

Is there a site/forum where people talk about the eating program they are following? I was thinking I'd just start counting the calories and see where that takes me, but I'm always interested in hearing what works for other people.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Susan

Susan -- welcome and there is a forum about food where people talk about food plans. But I have found that calorie counting and logging with fitday and keeping everything around 30/30/40 (fat, protein, carbs) works for me.

And I love your quote "I am a long way from being fit but believe I can be!" That makes such a difference!!! The belief you CAN be fit. Like you, I lost a lot, then regained it and that can shake that belief so join us and help me stay a believer too!

Ang
Old 10-07-2010, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies,

today to my surprize i hopped on the scale thinking i would be the same since i've already lost 8 in a few days and i'm down 2 more. i didn't realize how much junk food i intake or how much sugar and calories my coffee and frapichinno addiction added up. aparently alot. i swear i'm eating just being more aware of what i'm and i've been drinking lots of water which is something i don't normally do.
i'm just worried that i'm loseing it too fast and than i won't lose any.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mlcooli
Good morning ladies,

today to my surprize i hopped on the scale thinking i would be the same since i've already lost 8 in a few days and i'm down 2 more. i didn't realize how much junk food i intake or how much sugar and calories my coffee and frapichinno addiction added up. aparently alot. i swear i'm eating just being more aware of what i'm and i've been drinking lots of water which is something i don't normally do.
i'm just worried that i'm loseing it too fast and than i won't lose any.
Weren't you sick earlier this week? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Obviously cutting out the frappes and coffee is going to make a HUGE difference. Drinking much more water only helps this in quadruple fold. As long as you are eating until you are satisfied, I wouldn't worry about it. From the things that people here have told me, it's probably a lot of water weight at this point. You probably will pleateu, but don't think about that yet. Way to go, and you keep doing what you're doing! Many Ovations!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

WARNING -- MAY BE TOO MUCH INFO FOR SOME!!! But sometimes it's the little things that give you big inspiration!!

Just a quick WOO HOO for myself. Even though I haven't lost a ton yet -- things must be shifting around because today, when I when to groom certain "nether areas", I didn't have to heave my stomach out of the way to do it. I was so excited!!!!

(okay -- hope that didn't gross anyone out -- but I bet most of you know exactly what I mean!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.