Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Welcome Brandismom! You found the best group here on Fit day!! LOL! Those 20 lbs you lack, I am sure I am over at least 20 to even out to 100 or more. You might also look at the 30 for Christmas ( or something like that) .. a bunch of us are over there too.

Thanks for the color clairfication ladies! he only time mine runs clear is when I am taking water pills. I didnt want to be an alien!

Boo - I am not irked either. LOL and I DO irk easily. (Thats why I think kids are evil incarnate lol!)

For all those dealing with soreness and illness, we are still pulling for you! And for all those who have been gone a while and returned.. welcome back!!

Changeisgood.. we all have those negative feelings.. when my weight wasnt moving, I went into my doctors and threw down my FD charts and said I QUIT!!! I didnt though and thats all that matters.. ( and the next week, I dropped 6 lbs!!).
Gamegal, you sister crack me UP!!! I can only imagine my docs face, were to throw down FD charts and scream at her. My doc is a serious athlete, she actually wins iron-man competitions. On the scary front she's right up there with some of my relatives...

I've sometimes felt that my children were all the evil inside me wrapped up, made concentrated and released into the world. Strange after 3 kids that I would still have evil left within, but I do, oh yes I do....
Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
I am borderline desperate to break this plateau (no scale movement in almost 3wks.) Disappointed and feeling like this stupid weight will never come off at this rate.
Have you thought about trying to do the Couch to 5K challenge?
I had a trapped nerve in my wrist all week and was beating myself up about it as I've not been able to do my normal routine. I thought I'd make a start on the challenge, and while it was an almighty shock to my body I made it through the first 20 minutes last night. I had to pause the treadmill and stretch a couple of times because it did tighten my calves, but I felt so accomplished afterwards and have no aches or pains this morning to complain about.
Maybe it will shock your body back into losing weight?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Past the hump!

Thursday, finally! What a week it has been... from the tumble on Saturday to now having a friggin blister on the bottom of my right foot - I guess I am not suppose to walk this week

I did walk this morning anyway - 1.7 miles in 35 minutes, and have aqua fitness this afternoon after work.

What do you all do about blisters? Can I continue walking or should I stop until it heals?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

What I do with blisters ( although I have never had them on the bottom of my feet) is either bandaid or some how cushion it from rubbing more with extra socks, or thick socks.

While thinking about this a little, maybe do one of those and get one of those gel insole things for shoes? it would give you a little soft flex.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
What I do with blisters ( although I have never had them on the bottom of my feet)
I've never had one on the bottom of my foot before either! It is right below my big toe.. kinda weird. Not sure how I got it ... must be time for a new insert for my tennies.... Will have to run by the store and see if I can find some type of cushion/bandage for it. I really do not want to stop walking while it heals...
Old 09-23-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the empathy, GameGal, it is appreciated.
WeightLossBoo - I don't know about the CT5k program; I mean, it would be a shock alright, but me and running never really got along. With that said, it's not a bad idea and it's worth considering. I'll take a look at it.
Seems like everything I've tried just hasn't been working. Maybe I need to put away the scale for a month since all it's been doing is getting me down (as opposed to my weight...). I know plateaus are normal, but this just feels excessive at this point. Just feels like I'm wasting time and energy, and it's hard to keep up my motivation. I mean, my whole mentality is 'make every day count;' well, that hasn't really been working, haha.
Bah, enough whining, that sure isn't going to work, either. Thanks again for a place to let it out.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I've never had one on the bottom of my foot before either! It is right below my big toe.. kinda weird. Not sure how I got it ... must be time for a new insert for my tennies.... Will have to run by the store and see if I can find some type of cushion/bandage for it. I really do not want to stop walking while it heals...

Ouch Laura! J&J makes some blister specific bandaids that are designed to protect while healing that seem to do the trick for me. My sister told me about her trick with the two pairs of socks trick and a nylon in between has helped me when the heel is rubbed into a blister.

Changeisgood29 - I feel your frustration. I had a month long plateau that I finally this past week truly broke through, they feel like they're never going to end but they do! My body seems to have a really strong memory and remembers all the times I've starved myself in the past, it sometimes takes time for our bodies to clue into - we are in charge and this is how it is going to be. Hang in there.

I'm happy enough with this week's results although I wish it was better than a 1.5# loss, but I'll take it over the status quo of the last month or so.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Grats on your loss, Harpegcanuck, and thanks for the encouragement. No more whining from me, I promise - I've just been very frustrated the last couple of days. But I'll stick to it - seems like the biggest 'trick' in weight loss is just being patient and, at times, waiting it out without giving up. I'll be ok. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

THANKS so much for the warm welcome ladies! It's great to have a support team. Just a little (okay -- a lot) about me -- I lost 83 lbs in 2004, going from from 243 to 163. I had set my goal for 153 and it eluded me for about one year, then I started going the other direction. I then completely lost my way" and did a lot of slipping and sliding back to the 220s using "excuses" like "I really should be able to have a normal relationship with food" or "Deprivation only breeds disordered eating" or "I should be able to have a treat now and then". Add to that marriage woes (that are on the way back to better :-) ), really bad financial woes (that are also on their way back to better), my mom getting sick and passing away and my Dad getting sick and getting better -- but with me being the closest daughter so largely being a caregiver for him, and I just slipped and slid back up to 228 at my highest, 222.2 as of yesterday. Those aren't excuses -- those are reasons -- I believe that it was my choice to stop working the plan and walking the walk, but I can unchange that choice starting right now!

Having found a WONDERFUL counselor/therapist/life coach, I have started to get my life back to where I want it to be -- and I can visualize myself as the woman I want to be.

So -- this past Monday, my therapist and I decided -- as I was lamenting how "it didn't work" (referring to my militant calorie planning, no "trigger foods", exercise daily, 100 oz of water per day, take NO prisoners and make NO excuses healthy lifesytle), he reminded me that it DID work for three years but that, for whatever reason, I chose to stop doing it. The plan didn't fail, I failed to work the plan.

Sheesh -- so simple, right?

So, here I am using support, tools and simple thing I learned from a VERY wise woman called “three point days.” Laura (EVE) if you are out there, I hope you won't mind my plagiarizing your wonderful words and sharing with these welcoming ladies:

KEEP IT SIMPLE WITH THREE POINT DAYS:
(1) FOOD: Know the plan that works for YOU and follow it. Log your calories/points/carbs -whatever you do -- faithfully.
(2) EXERCISE: Even a planned rest day should include some stretching or gentle yoga because daily exercise creates a lifetime habit
(3) WATER: Use whatever calculation that you decide, but the old 8 glasses is still a pretty good guage to start with. I drink lots of coffee, live in a hot climate and (when on plan) exercise daily -- so that ups my needs, but when I eat a healthy diet, I also get more water in food. So, 100-120 oz. works for me.

That's it -- 1 pt for following your calories plan, 1 for exercising, 1 for water. Three point days.

Yesterday, I had a 2 pointer in that I didn't track my water so, while I think I did enough, I can't count it. Today will be a three pointer.

Take care ladies and again, thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!

(p.s., I am reading other posts so it's not "all about me :-) " -- will join Christmas challenge if I can find it. Very doable to get 30 lbs off by then!, Advice on blisters on bottom of foot is lace shoes properly -- it is when your shoe slips and slides that you get them and it is amazing how if you check your laces from the toe to the ankle for proper lacing how much better your walk will feel, and water/pee color -- I find that when I drink my water it's light yellow and clear but foods definitely change the color as does my multi-vitamin).

Hugs to you all!
GOAL WEIGHT– 155
Maintenance weight – 155-60
CURRENT WEIGHT – 222.2
CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE WEIGHT – 192.2
5’10, current size 18/16, goal size 10-12 tops & dresses, 8-10 skirts and pants (I’m built like a boy so my shoulders will never be an eight, but I got as low as a 6 in a few items on the bottom)
REWARDS:
FIRST GIFT FOR 5 lbs down: New RED Microwave (Mine died and I’d spend $39 now on a cheap one, but I really want the $69 red one so I’m making it an incentive! I don’t micro much – but it is convenient when I make and freeze crock pot meals not to have to reheat them on stove or in oven)
2nd GIFT FOR 10 lbs. down: Food Processor
3rd GIFT FOR 15 lbs down: Red Electric Teakettle
4th GIFT FOR 20 lbs down: 3-5 new clothing Items OR, if some “old-new” clothes fit again, then a new fantastic KNIFE to start a set
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
GOALS:
TODAY'S CALS: 1400-1500 total
TODAY'S EXERCISE: 45-60 mins strength training/cross training
TODAY'S WATER: 100 oz.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
WeightLossBoo - I don't know about the CT5k program; I mean, it would be a shock alright, but me and running never really got along. With that said, it's not a bad idea and it's worth considering. I'll take a look at it.
Honestly hun, the worst thing you can do right now is underestimate yourself. I walked into my gym with the Workout 1, Week 1 instructions screwed up in my hand and already felt defeated just looking at it. But I asked my trainers who said they thought it was great and that I can take it all at my own pace and that's what I set out to do. And once I was on the treadmill I felt fab, and finished the Workout with breath to spare. I've never been a runner either, but always wanted to try. And end of the day as long as it's safe physically to do so there is nothing you cannot do if you really want. I did feel so silly for underestimating myself!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.