Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

brandismom, I LOVE that 3 point system, so very easy to remember, sort of like the old movie rating system "Thumbs up, Thumbs down", only with 3. Very nice. You are totally cracking me up with all your "red" appliance rewards. All of mine are "bisque", so bland in comparison.

change, I think you should take a serious look at C25K, and if it's not quite for you, then modify it until it is. I make my oldest DD walk to soccer practice, it's a mile and we go together. Anyway, this past week we alternated running and walking between the signs. There must be 20 road signs between our house and practice, so it was a good way to break it up. And it was fun and silly and she loved it. Okay it might not have been C25K to the letter, but it got us moving. We're both of us like turtles, so really when it comes right down to it, neither of us are "running", but we had fun and burned off some calories. Also in terms of the plateau, sometimes you just have to wait these things out. Are you getting enough protein? I can't seem to drop unless I get my protein up to at least 30-35%, meanwhile keeping the calories under 1,600.

Laura, the best recommendation I can make for blisters is to cover it with a band-aid (or a cotton ball and duct tape) and wear different shoes for a couple of days. If the blister pops, and they always do, make sure you treat it with some triple anti-biotic ointment so you don't get an infection.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker --

That's why I love support groups like this - we all celebrate our uniqueness while coming together with what we have in common.

Don't know about anyone else -- but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE FitnessOnDemand Free Exercise TV. Today I tried Stilleto Heels (yeah, I'm all about the RED high heels too!) for 23 mins (lots of calves and leg stretches -- not as much strength as I'd like) and a 10 mins arms because my workout plan got thrown by a need from a cient. Tonight, I will come home from work and do a lower body weights workout with Jackie Warner for 22 mins to reach my exercise goal AND get a little more lower body in than Stilleto heals gave me. What a resource and FREE, FREE, FREE!

Later gang. Going to go try and find some "Firm Classic Workouts" on DVD -- because my VCR died and I miss my old Firms :-(.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Aww you gals are so great - y'all should consider careers in motivational speaking. I'll check out the C25K - what the hey, right? I'll check it out tonight (for real). I agree with you, WeightLoss, the worst crime against ourselves is underestimating ourselves. I will keep you posted, and thanks for the kick in the rear to give something new a go and to not get down. I finally re-purchased a Clash CD that I lost awhile ago and I'm looking forward to working out (zomg maybe even *running* a little bit) to it tonight.
Almeeker - I bought some of those Pure Protein bars you and other folks have written about, and they are pretty tasty and an easy way to up the protein. It's also been a good way for me to eat 2 small meals during the day as opposed to just skipping food altogether during the day, like I used to. I'll have a bar early afternoon, then a can of tuna later on. I dig it.
Brandismom - your posts are always so informative and I love your sense of humor. I can tell you are well on your way to that fancy shmancy red microwave.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

I just got a FREE three hours because I thought I had to be at work at 3:15 and don't have to be in until 6:15!! Woo hoo.

I NEVER have a free three hours. Of course, in the past two years, I would have gone somewhere to EAT with the spare time -- hidden eating that no one (like my husband) could see. What was I thinking that they wouldn't see the FAT on my body? Sigh. You know, the other day this beautiful girl came in to work just DOUSED with perfume. She was significantly overweight -- especially in the trunk area and I thought "wonder if she thought the bath in her perfume would keep people from seeing her A$$?" And I only say that because I think of how much TIME it takes me right now to get my makeup just perfect, hair in order, clothes just right (the few I can wear -- I REFUSE to go back to Lane Bryant or Avenue -- so my choices are limited) and, of course STILLETO HEELS on. What am I thinking? That my red lips and roach-kickers will keep people from seeing my 40+" waist, flabby arms and jiggly back fat?

Not for long. I already have that great feeling you get when your body starts kind of (this is gross) "eating itself." You know, you feel the tingles of cells getting smaller and your blood flows better and you feel little pings of energy in your muscles. I LOVE that feeling!

So -- instead of a three hour food fest -- I'm going to clean my kitchen a bit, replace my A/C filter. I may do my 22 mins with Jackie NOW rather than after work at 11:30/12:00, post here :-), check emails and I also will prep ANOTHER recipe --bok choy and beef hot pot -- tons of flavor, lean protein, the gorgeous and far too often under-used bok choy, a fragrant broth with ginger, garlic, cinnamon (yes, cinnamon) and spring onions and slivered carrots -- what more could you want in food?

I find buying in bulk and preparing food in advance (a) keeps easy food handy and (b) REALLY HELPS WITH MY "is the food going to disappear, will there be enough, I must eat it all now or it will be gone" mentality.

Okay -- off to use my new found hours!

Ang
Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Alright, y'all, I tried Day 1 of C25K last night... I must tell you that I was surprised I could do it! I actually kind of hated it while I was doing it (in that special kind of hate that you can only feel towards doing something good for you), but then loved how I felt afterward. I'm excited to keep going with it. Thanks for the tip and encouragement!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Whooo hoooo change, see we all knew you could do it!!! You're going to be one of those running addicts sooner or later, aren't you? Sometimes when I'm working out I imagine myself running in a race passing all the people that never thought I could do such a thing, some of them are standing along the sidelines and others are panting and sweating behind me trying to catch up. It's a good fantasy, keeps me moving on those days when I want to quit.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Alright, y'all, I tried Day 1 of C25K last night... I must tell you that I was surprised I could do it! I actually kind of hated it while I was doing it (in that special kind of hate that you can only feel towards doing something good for you), but then loved how I felt afterward. I'm excited to keep going with it. Thanks for the tip and encouragement!
Well done!!! And to think you had already written yourself off before you even tried. Hopefully it'll help you on the scale, or at least give you more confidence in your abilities. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

". . .but then loved how I felt afterward" --I swear, if I could BOTTLE that feeling to take "pre-workout", I'd be in such great shape. I know what you mean!!!

Congrats and great job. You've inspired me to hit it myself at 6:00 p.m. -- no excuses!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

You guys are way too kind; thank you so much, again, I really appreciate it. Starting the C25K last night actually helped me look beyond the plateau and calories burned - it was this Eureka! moment of "whoa, look at me and what I'm doing compared to me 6 months ago" - and that goes well beyond a short spell of stagnant weight loss. Can't thank you all enough!
Oh, and Brandismom, if you could bottle that post-workout feeling, not only would you be in UBER good shape, you'd be a bajillionaire. I'm first in line for a bottle.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

I'm right in line behind changeisgood, I'd like a semi truck full please... Man I could use a guzzle of that stuff today, I haven't slept well in 3 days, but I'm thinking I'll hit the hay in the next 10-15 minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.