Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

What goes in, must come out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First full day of water intake yesterday had me slurping down 3 litres (12c) and I am impressed. I was concerned about possible kidney issues (being diabetic) so contacted the local dietician/diabetes education center. Her take was the same as almeeker - baseline at 64oz and from there SHE was uncertain re: weight, age, blood glucose levels and so on. She finally said to me "If your peeing clear - your good!" TMI even for me, sheesh!
Carren
Umm not sure how to ask this but.. is it supposed to be clear ALL the time?
Mine is anywhere from light yellow to almost orange. Anyone else or am I the alien?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Umm not sure how to ask this but.. is it supposed to be clear ALL the time?
Mine is anywhere from light yellow to almost orange. Anyone else or am I the alien?
Mine is different colours depending on the time of day. In the morning it's always dark yellow and sometimes cloudy, and as I drink more throughout the day it gets lighter until it's virtually clear. And if I eat beetroot it goes kinda pinky. Looking online I think this is all perfectly normal, but speak to a professional if you're unsure.
Sorry if I've irked anyone, I don't irk easy.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hoping that 80lbs to lose is okay? Just trying to find a forum that fits for me.

Posting lots of places til I find a home.

I'm just SO VERY GLAD Fitday has forums now. I've used the system for years, but did not know they had forums until lately. This rocks!

Starting Weight; 22th Sept '03 - 243 lbs
Best Weight: 163, October '05
Current Weight; 22th Sept '10 - 222.8 lbs
Goal Weight; 1st April '11 - 155 lbs
Maintenance Weight: 155-60 lbs maintenance weight
5'10"
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by brandismom1990
Hoping that 80lbs to lose is okay? Just trying to find a forum that fits for me.
I have about 80lbs to lose as well! Welcome!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Greek Yogurt Use

" Greek Yogurt ... definitely had a thicker texture than sour cream and was very 'heavy/rich' in taste. "

I'm not a sweets person but I have had found GY to be the best substitute EVAH for sour cream. I put it on chili, soups, stir it in noodle dishes, top potatoes with it, make dips out of it, etc. While I occassionally add bananas, nuts and splenda -- I find GY to be best in savory dishes.

Just food for thought. ANd speaking of food, made world's easiest crock pot "stew" today. Spray pot with pam, chop 1 cup onions, add two 10 oz cans of Rotel, one can of chiles, two cloves garlic, salt, pepper and sprinkle four chicken breasts cut in half with cumin, put all in crock pot, cook on low for two hours, add one can pinto and one can kidney beans and cook on low for 4-6 more hours. Keep chicken pieces whole or shred if you want it more like chili. The HOUSE SMELLS FREAKIN' AWESOME and I just had 1/2 cup for a snack of around 100 cals. I topped it with GY and fresh cilantro (I used the spicy Rotel and chiles and lots of black pepper so the GY cuts the heat).

Can't wait to have a whole bowl with some brown rice for dinner. Salad on the side and I will be satisfied.

I am a TOTAL FOODIE -- love to cook "healthy" food for friends and not TELL them it's healthy and have them enjoy it. I just have to MEASURE my portions more closely than most and make substitutions. FOr example, the recipe above called for chicken thighs and oil -- I modified to chick breasts and Pam and it is so delish!

Enjoy!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

brandismom, 2 posts in and you're already throwing down in the kitchen with us? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling good over you joining the 100 pound thread. That recipe sounds yummy. I make something similar, but I use a quart of salsa instead of the tomatoes, chiles and onions and skip the beans. I shred the chicken and use it (hot or cold) to top taco salad and stuff in Sonora omelets. I'm going to throw in some beans next time, sounds good, especially right now since I'm starving, have no plan for dinner and running seriously low on protein to boot. I'm a total foodie too, I think most of us here are. My passion however isn't cooking, it's EATING!!!

Boo, I don't irk easily either. My pee in the morning is exactly the same intense yellow as the B vitamin I take before bed (coincidence? I don't think so), the rest of the day it's lighter and lighter shades of yellow until it's virtually clear (sometime after lunch?). And um, I get the pink beet thing too.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

A nice welcome to BrandisMom, who clearly knows a thing or 2 about cooking. Glad to have you here.
Ok, so, uh, I'm on day 3 of the 30 Day Shred and literally cannot do a friggin' jumping jack because I am too sore. I am borderline desperate to break this plateau (no scale movement in almost 3wks), but I have to take the day off from my love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels, which upsets me. I'll still go and do my 40min of cardio tonight, but I guess I'm not as tough as I thought I was........ Maybe my calves won't be SCREAMING at me after I do my bit on the treadmill and I can give the Shred a go. Disappointed and feeling like this stupid weight will never come off at this rate. Sorry for the negativity; just feeling really frustrated and down about weight loss at the moment. I'm not giving up, because I know the only way that this won't happen is if I give up, but my emotions are kicking my logic's a$$ right now.
Ah, feels better to let that out, though. I've upped my protein and exercise, so I sure hope something gives soon. Thanks for the space to vent.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Brandismom! You found the best group here on Fit day!! LOL! Those 20 lbs you lack, I am sure I am over at least 20 to even out to 100 or more. You might also look at the 30 for Christmas ( or something like that) .. a bunch of us are over there too.

Thanks for the color clairfication ladies! he only time mine runs clear is when I am taking water pills. I didnt want to be an alien!

Boo - I am not irked either. LOL and I DO irk easily. (Thats why I think kids are evil incarnate lol!)

For all those dealing with soreness and illness, we are still pulling for you! And for all those who have been gone a while and returned.. welcome back!!

Changeisgood.. we all have those negative feelings.. when my weight wasnt moving, I went into my doctors and threw down my FD charts and said I QUIT!!! I didnt though and thats all that matters.. ( and the next week, I dropped 6 lbs!!).
Old 09-22-2010, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Water works! Waterworks? Water at work.

Water - definitely finding it entertaining to say the least. Chugged back 9c today before I left work (and forgot my water bottle) - subliminal avoidance? I swear if I had to punch a time clock each time I had to pee today - it would have used up all my breaks and lunch alone!
I do not irk at all - not after working at a Veterinary clinic! So the new toy for me is the water bottle and monitoring its affect on the colour of urine. The more I drink the lighter it gets, cool? I will have to have some beets to see red/pink; interesting. I do believe though my body is over the moon with gratitude for the hydration as this morning I saw 231 for the first time on the scale! It can only be the water. I can hardly wait until Sunday - my weigh-in day - to see the benefits. Oh, before I forget Welcome Brandismom! Good to have you on board here. I can only HOPE to be at the 80# to go mark soon! LOL Good sounding recipe. I would like to thank you all for feeding my new addictions - greek yogurt and now water! Carren

Last edited by carrenross; 09-22-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

change, you need some water, some protein and some mustard. DOMS (delayed on-set muscle soreness) is normal, that pain is FEAR AND FAT LEAVING THE BODY and it's a good thing, so love your pain, it's a step forward. It is in fact the only indication that your muscles will be increasing in mass (because you've damaged them). Do you pop the proteins after a workout? I've found that it cuts the pain in half if I can throw down 20-30 grams of protein after a workout and maybe a dose of carbs as well. Mustard contains magnesium and it's really great for muscle cramps which I always get with DOMS, so make yourself a nice tuna melt after your next workout and slug down a big jug of water and see if that doesn't help. Oh and if it helps to know this, when I started doing the Shred, I hurt for DAYS, and I've been going to the gym 2-3x/week for YEARS.

carren, sniff sniff, soooo very proud of you on the water (and scale) thing, eyes welling up here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.