Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club >

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Community
Notices

Sweet and Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club

Old 09-16-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Singing in the rain

Good rainy morning everyone!

Just got back from my walk in the rain, did some puddle jumping (interval training ) and some ditch walking - just to change it up - 70 minutes, 4km, 8512 steps and 3 hills later I am home and famished. Spent the first part singing and praying and the latter part huffing and puffing.

I am energized which could be why I said yes to working tonight (day off) and covering a shift. After my walk yesterday my DH asked me how much coffee I'd had that day. HUH? He said I was talking so fast he wondered if it was caffeine; nope, just good old exercise! I am already starting to feel sorry for the customers tonight!

Question: I know that we have had this discussion before BUT has anyone ordered online the Miracle Noodles that are suppose to be no carb and just all fiber? Are they really filling? Are you satisfied? I do not want to order and have shipped to Canada if not. The reason I ask, I just had lunch: 1/2c of pasta noodles and 1c meat sauce; thinking I was getting more protein than carbs but NO! I was shocked to see that the carbs were 21gm for 1/2c. Are there other low carb noodle options out there other than the Miracle Noodle one?

Deja Vu - did I already have this conversation? Carren
Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by harpegcanuck
I'm going to try dropping my calories by 100-200 per day and see if that doesn't help me break through the scale plateau. Other suggestions are welcome as well.

How is everyone else doing this week? I'd love to hear about the wins everyone is making this week.
I've been told the way to avoid/break through plateaus is to change up your exercise. Maybe you can try your own circuit routine? 90 second intervals doing different cardio/strength training activities. IE: Jumping jacks, squats, lunges, on the spot jogging, push-ups, free weights, grapevines, etc. Do a complete set, break for 3 minutes and repeat. You need to be challenged by your work outs. Don't be afraid to sweat and ache in the morning, just remember to follow with a cool down and stretches.

Erm, any wins for me this week? Well I've upped my fitness classes again and today I did some sparring with one of my trainers for the first time. Very fun.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Ohhh, y'all are doing so much better than me this week, which is good for you and bad for me, haha. In the beginning of the week, I was all pumped to work out longer every day and I was all "RAWR I am a machine!" and then promptly got hit with the head cold from Hades. Not so machine-like, it would seem... No reductions on the scale, either, which leads me to believe what I thought was a plateau could be illness-induced water retention. Bah. The good news is I've been eating on-plan, so it could be worse. I actually miss exercising... Yet something else I never thought I'd say or feel.
Keep on keepin' on and have a little RAWR in your workouts for me.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks!

Thanks for explaining how I could give myself a name and signature! You guys are all so inspiring, can't wait until I can post some poundage lost!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by maddyhoe
Thanks for explaining how I could give myself a name and signature! You guys are all so inspiring, can't wait until I can post some poundage lost!
Awesome Maddy. We look forward to seeing you have success on your journey.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Question: I know that we have had this discussion before BUT has anyone ordered online the Miracle Noodles that are suppose to be no carb and just all fiber? Are they really filling? Are you satisfied? I do not want to order and have shipped to Canada if not. The reason I ask, I just had lunch: 1/2c of pasta noodles and 1c meat sauce; thinking I was getting more protein than carbs but NO! I was shocked to see that the carbs were 21gm for 1/2c. Are there other low carb noodle options out there other than the Miracle Noodle one?
The discussion I remember was those tofu noodles. I don't think I remember anything about Miracle Noodles, although it is possible it just didnt register with me. What I can tell you is... it doesnt seem to matter what kind of pasta ( whole grain, wheat etc) or brand ( bariila, creamettes , mrs grass etc).. they are all very high in carbs. 2 oz of barrilla ( and this is for any of them) is 40+.

I have "kinda" found an alternative ( but not totally)... in my grocers freezer section they carry a couple brands ( MamaMia (LOL!), Perfect Pasta, and a few others) that make all kinds of things ( like very close to home made) raviolli, ( meat or cheese ), ganochhi, tortillini .. and some of these have the pasta made of spinach or whatever) and for 1 serving its 25 carbs plus 13 g protien. Best of all they are cheap and very good! So when I am craving pasta, I buy those and because the cheese./meat is filling, you dont need or notice that you arent having a bowl-ful of pasta.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

When I'm craving pasta, I might have 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta with a big pile of meat sauce, or cook up a spaghetti squash and toss it with herbs, veggies, grated parm and a little spray butter, yummmm. We also have the occasional bag of wheat-free pasta. I think you can get rice, brown rice, quinoa and tapioca (?) pasta at the health food store. We quite like the Tinkyada brand, but I don't think they are decidedly "low carb" because it's made from rice flour. Admittedly I'm not carb-free, just low carbs. I'll be checking out the freezer section next shop, thanks for the heads up GameGal.

Welcome aboard maddyhoe, this is a good place, lots of good ideas and support here. I can't wait for you to post a loss too!

changeisgood, I'm sending some feel better mojo your way, oogie-oogie-wap-wah-whoo-hoo, there you should feel better soon.

boo, sparring? How cool is that? Wow I'm impressed. I know that's a great workout, I sweat like crazy when I box on the Wii, and that's not even close to real boxing. It never would have occurred to me to actually step into a ring, but now I want to... I have some serious aggressions I could take out there.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Susan8Less
Hi Ladies,

I'm having a really hard time controlling my eating in the evenings. I don't have any problems all day and even manage very well at dinner. I even enjoy the exercising! But evenings something comes over me and I lose control of my eating. I'm not sure what strategy I should try to beat this problem. I'm wondering if I need to cut myself off completely after dinner each night. That way, I know in my mind that I'm all done eating for the day after dinner. If I don't start, I won't lose control. Or maybe I should set a limit like 200 calories and keep working to be successful at that. What do you all think? Anyone else had this problem and overcome it?
Do you plan your foods ahead of time? Maybe you could just plan for your snacks and make sure that they are in line with your calorie budget. I would certainly clean out the cupboards so that there are only healthy options available. My mom makes her own 100 calories packs, with veggies. They are A LOT bigger than those cookie packs...

You might also look at how you spend your time, if you're sitting in front of the TV munching, maybe you need to switch to reading or knitting or chatting on the fitday forum. If you change the format of your evening does that help you with the munchies?

You might also look at your day time calories. If you are throwing down a pile of carbs earlier in the day, you might be experiencing a carb crash in the evening, and that is why you have that "eating out of control" feeling. I'm a carbaholic, so you can just about set the clock by the time it takes me to crash after a pile of carbs. So if that's the case you might look at ways to reduce your lunch or dinner carbs and increase your protein and fiber intake. I've also had better luck using sf Jell-O than water for really really bad gnawing cravings.

You also have to remember that you're running at a deficit, so it's only natural that your body wants something to eat. The tricky part is to ignore your stomach and keep your lips shut. Personally I have the best success if I don't let myself get started down the slippery slope on munchie road, my willpower has it's limits.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-16-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, Susan, throughout the day today I found myself thinking about the snacking at night issue - it's definitely when my willpower is at its weakest, as well. I agree with Almeeker - keeping yourself occupied is a great way to control the munchies. For me, the way I do it is I have my calories for the day, and if I have any leftover, then I allow myself a little snack at night - a yogurt, a piece of fruit, basically a healthy sweet snack, since I crave something sweet at night most times. But if I hit my caloric limit for the day, then I know I'm 'done' after dinner. So, I both give myself a 100-200 cal snack or stop after dinner, all depending on how the day went. I like that it gives me some leeway. But if you're going crazy and feeling like you have GOT to eat something, it's way better to just have that little snack than to go overboard. Yep, I've learned that the hard way... more than a few times. Oh, also, having steamed veggies with dinner fills me up and helps to keep me from reaching for something later. I went an embarrassingly long time without a steamer in my kitchen... Now I don't know what I'd do without it.
Almeeker, thank you for the mojo, haha, you are too kind. I'm sure I'll be back to panting at the treadmill and elliptical in no time.
Welcome to the new folks; sorry I didn't mention that earlier.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 PM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies, today is my silly-lazy-it's-Friday workout. I spend about an hour on the Wii Fit Plus doing anything that strikes my fancy. I was up a little bit this morning and when I looked over yesterday's food log I know why. First I went to Panera yesterday for lunch, I had a cup of soup and 1/2 a turkey sandwich, for a grand total of 870 calories. Good grief what do those people put in that sandwich? I could make 6 turkey sandwiches for the calories in 1/2 of their one. Secondly I did not drink ALL MY WATER and this morning my hands and feet are definitely swollen, so learn from my errors!!!

SO AS OF THIS MINUTE I'M CHALLENGING ALL OF YOU TO DRINK YOUR WATER ALL WEEKEND LONG.
NOW GET SIPPING!!!

Oh and on a sadder note, it just occurred to me that I'm not going to make goal by my birthday. Which I'm totally okay with, if someone had told me on my last birthday that I would be like 90 pounds lighter by this one I would have hurt myself snorting. So I've decided to change my goal to January 1st, 2011.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-16-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.