Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-15-2010, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome MK!

This isnt really a diet, it is a lifestyle change. I know for me, I had to let go of the fatty smoked sausages, tons of pasta etc and eat a lot more fruit and veggies. But for now, I think you know the basics, and when you are stuck, just ask!! lots of us are here to support each other.

Have a great day!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies! Welcome to the newcomers!! I've been struggling these past few days and craving carbs like crazy (but what's worse is I've been satisfying those cravings) and a few days I've come close to, and even over, 200g for the day! I have to assume it's because I'm expecting AF any day now. I never know how to cut out more carbs than I already have, though. I really feel like if anything is going to hinder my weight loss, it's going to be carbs . I haven't had a loss this week at all, but I haven't really gained, either (aside from my normal fluctuations) so I'm still positive. I really need to get back on the elliptical. I was doing so well with it..but now it's been about a month since I've used it .

Happy Sunday!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Oh hell! I posted this really long answer to you and FD ate it

So I will try to remember what I had said.

I looked at your food log... since you said you couldnt figure how to cut your carbs and I have a couple suggestions. (These are NOT to be critical at all!)...

From the 14th .. instead of that banana muffin with 53 carbs.. an original Thomas's english muffin is 100 calories and 24 carbs ,, or the 100% whole wheat ones.. 120 calories and 25 carbs.

I am sure there are many brands out there, you just have to read the labels.

Then the cherios.. 3.5 servings.. maybe have one serving and then an egg or another piece of fruit.

Also, milk has a lot of benefits but it IS possible to get too much of a good thing. Maybe try one glass with the cereal and for the other servings drink non-calorie beverages or water, tea etc. (Dont drink juice!! Eat the actual fruit instead of the juice.)

And on the 15th.. the thing that jumped out at me was the bread. There are many breads out there that are actually good and have low calories and much lower carbs. I am extremely finicky about bread.. but I found 2 that are pretty good. One is from Wonder called smart white.. its actually wheat but is soft like white.. has 100 calories for 2 slices and 23 carbs or there is a bread called Healthy Life ( or something like that) that has 35 calories per slice and only 6 carbs.

So maybe those suggestions can help :-)

As for the eliptical machine... a month off is long enough!! Dont make me sic Almeeker on you to kick butt!! She is very good at it!! So get going again!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Oh no!! Not almeeker!! I know she'd kick me right into gear!

Thank you for the suggestions I will have to look at different breads and such..I usually like to eat a tuna sandwich for lunch, and not even every day, but it really helps me to get the protein I need. Otherwise I suppose I could just eat tuna out of the bowl, but I think the bread helps to fill me up, too. The banana muffin I have tweaked to have 17 carbs per muffin, which is a little better...but I make the muffins about once/month or every other month, and usually only when i have 3 or 4 bananas that are going to go bad before anyone eats them.

As for the Cheerios, it's a weakness (cereal in and of itself I should say) and on days like that, it's not all in one sitting, it's a bowl for breakfast and maybe a bowl for a snack later in the day. I don't usually eat more than one bowl of cereal a day, but sometimes it's the only thing that sounds good.

The milk is tough for me, too..I can't really eat dry cereal (well, I suppose I can, but I don't wanna! LOL) and I love milk with dinner (but have gotten better about choosing water instead). The other milk comes from my protein shakes, which I've tried with water and I just can't do it. So again, to get the protein I need, there's just no way around that serving and a half of milk. Otherwise, I don't drink anything but water and milk. My last sip of soda was the day I changed my lifestyle back on May 25th. I don't drink juice anymore of any kind, and if I go out to eat I only order water with lemon. Literally the only liquids I drink are water and that dreaded milk..lol.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'll look next time I'm at the store for a better, lower carb bread..even a little bit less will help.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Checking to say it way easier today knowing I'm not alone!

Started a blog so I can get the food thoughts and demons out of my head and out there...thanks for being here ladies!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Protein?

Okay, so this may sound like a dumb question, but what exactly should my nutrition chart look like? I realise that it differs for people based on their energy levels and goal weight, etc, but I've been through a few sources and I'm not sure which is more accurate. Basically, my question is should proteins be 50% of my dietary intake or is that way too much? Is there an ideal pie chart I can aim towards..???
Old 08-15-2010, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Amy, I know a lot of people here try to aim close to a 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fats) ratio, but I believe the standard/recommended (probably for those not trying to lose weight, but more maintaining) is 50/30/20 (carbs/protein/fats). My chart is usually close to 45% carbs, 40% protein, and 15% fats. So far it's been working okay for me; I just have to lower my carb intake because even though my ratios are always where I want them to be, I'm still way over the amount of carbs I should eat in a day. Hope that helps.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

OK Ldybug, can you have your protein powder in yogurt or sprinkle it in your cherios milk or something? I agree it sounds nasty to have it in water!! (even tho to me skim milk IS water with lots of sugar lol)

A.Maliki - I suggested a site in another thread that has this calculator for protein and fat etc... maybe this will help.

http://www.my-weight-loss-advisor.co...bohydrate.html
Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

Just got off of a double shift, so I'm about to go faceplant in about two seconds... but I just wanted to say that you ladies have been doing great! It's so nice to come home and see everyone making progress. I'll write something more substantial tomorrow when I'm not exhausted beyond words.

Night ladies!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Brenon, that puts things into perspective. Pam, the link wouldn't open and I couldn't find it from the site's home page...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.