Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-17-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Blandness banned.

Does anyone else just not really want to eat? (Or not care if they do)

CD78 - yep, I have days like that too.

I get so focused on what I am going to eat, record, carbs and so on that it takes the joy out of eating. I know I should see it as just re-fueling the body but there is a little bit - no make that a lot - of greiving my past foods. At one time in my life if you could name me an emotion, I could name you a food. Sad but true. Maybe others were like that. It is interesting that now I do not have my 'comfort' foods I have to deal with emotions, don't like it but do it. The first time I fought back with my DH - I think I put him into shock. LOL It is fine now that I have found my voice again - we're good. Gotta keep him off balance.
The bland food though I have corrected with herbs. I do not use extra sodium/salt in my foods - which drives my DH around the bend. I have acquired a taste for roasted garlic in olive oil, cilantro and cumin. I am not a recipe person normally but can see that this may be in my future to combat the blandness.Yesterday I added Taco Sauce to my omelet, quite nice.

I am starting to understand the concept of 'Spicing up my Life'. Carren
Old 08-17-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,
Just checking in. My eating & fitness goals are on track, and I still feel very motivated and focused on what I'm doing.

CD, I don't think I ever get tired of eating -- LOL -- but I do get tired of eating the same stuff over and over. Hubby and I have been looking through the recipe books together, trying to discover new healthy dishes to bring some variety to our diet. Fortunately he's the chef & I'm the maid, so our team effort works for us.

I am feeling a little aggitated today, however, and not sure why. I guess we all have days like that, where everything seems to get on our nerves. I'll just try to steer clear of people so I don't take my bad mood out on them.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!

Best regards,
Smoosh
Old 08-17-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Weightlossboo, good luck with the job. Is it a 9-5 job? Just asking cause that would be exhausting the first few days. But routine (at least for myself) gets eating in order so once you've got a grasp of snack times it should be okay.

ChunkyDunk, I can't say I currently feel the same way about food, but I understand where you're coming from. Getting food routinely can take all the fun out of it, as Carren said. I find that at that stage rather than not eating I find myself turning to demonic foods like triple chocolate ice cream and so. Of course I always feel horrible afterwards. Maybe you just need some variety in your lifestyle in general... Treat yourself to something to get away from the whole food-life-food cycle. It might not get your calories in order, but a change of spirit can make a hell of a difference - maybe even on the scales.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by A.Maliki
Weightlossboo, good luck with the job. Is it a 9-5 job? Just asking cause that would be exhausting the first few days. But routine (at least for myself) gets eating in order so once you've got a grasp of snack times it should be okay.

ChunkyDunk, I can't say I currently feel the same way about food, but I understand where you're coming from. Getting food routinely can take all the fun out of it, as Carren said. I find that at that stage rather than not eating I find myself turning to demonic foods like triple chocolate ice cream and so. Of course I always feel horrible afterwards. Maybe you just need some variety in your lifestyle in general... Treat yourself to something to get away from the whole food-life-food cycle. It might not get your calories in order, but a change of spirit can make a hell of a difference - maybe even on the scales.

Good advice I've been doing just that! Challenging myself to walk more, and further, starting a book club, planning a girls night, and even went to the movies alone for the first time in my life.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yes..there are days I don't want to eat...far and few between

I have been using Fitday for 10 years to record my food. It has taken almost that long to be comfortable with selecting, weighing, measuring, and thinking about healthy options....taking care of myself is still a foreign behavior...living on the edge has always been so much more exciting...but it always comes back to bite me on the butt...and then stays there

I remain humbled by my own hand...workin' it a meal at a time,

Yours in the battle to do the right thing for myself,
Carol
Old 08-17-2010, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

OK, so I have found that I really do need to be eating more to lose weight more consistently... More calories and more protein...
But, I'm bored! (With food!) I don't even want to eat. Sometimes I am really hungry, and I come home to eat... fix something-- and then after just a couple bites, I want to stop eating it. I don't know if its because I'm in a rut of eating bland stuff, or what? I have been forcing myself to eat regular meals, because lots of times, I just don't want to. Without TRYING to make myself eat more, I would be good with around 1000-1200 calories a day...
(but I've noticed that my weight loss slows down when I am not getting around at least 1800 calories a day.

Does anyone else just not really want to eat? (Or not care if they do?)
That seems to be a lot of my problem. I go in extremes... I either don't want to eat and so barely get 600 calories in a day or I go wild with the wrong stuff ( McD's, pizza etc ) and get wayyyy too many and the wrong thigns.
I am never hungry. I am never full. I get cravings. It's usually for carbs.

I had this craving for the last week, couldnt figure out what it was for.. turned out to be for Domino's cheese bread. So I thought well OK, cant be more than couple hungred calories etc... the order, (consisting of 8 small pieces) are you ready for this???? 141 calories, (56 of those from fat), 18 grms carbs, so times that by 8 and... 1128 calories, 448 from fat, 144 carbs.

So that little wedge of bread was an entire days ( and then some) of nutrients. Today, I didnt want to eat at all. So, yes, I have the same deal but I am not sure what makes it go one way or the other
Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Just starting out

Hello everyone...
It's 11 days before my 52nd birthday. I am so overweight and ready to change that. I will definitely need some help staying motivated!!

Linda

Starting Weight --- 280 lbs. (8/18/10)
Current Weight --- 280 lbs.
Pounds Lost --- 0 lbs.
1st Goal Weight --- 250 lbs.
Final Goal --- 160 lbs.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Linda! You will find a lot of nice women here who are very supportive, encouraging and can, at times, kick your butt back into gear lol.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Linda,
Happy "early" Birthday! What a nice gift to give to yourself -- getting healthier. =) This is a super group of ladies and I'm sure you'll find the support invaluable. Welcome!

@GameGirl - Wow, I had no idea those cheesy breads were packed with so many calories. Definitely an eye opener. I'm sure now that you've satisfied your craving for it, the deterent of knowing what's in them may keep you from craving it again in the future. *hugs* Don't feel bad... I had a bit of a rough eating day yesterday too. While all of my food choices were pretty healthy, I just couldn't stop eating for some reason. I ate about 2100 calories in total, which isn't grossly over what I normally eat (1600-1800), but I still felt a little guilty for it. I kept trying to ask myself questions like, "Why am I hungry? Do I really need to eat something now?" I also kept drinking water, trying to satiate the hunger. It was the first day that I felt a little less in control, but I know those days are bound to happen. My mood may have been a part of it, as I know I felt more agitated yesterday than normal.

But, today is a new day! I am not going to harp on the past, even if it's just a few hours ago. I am looking forward to new challenges & opportunities to keep living my healthier lifestyle today.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Welcome Linda

[QUOTE=lnm32225;18934]Hello everyone...
It's 11 days before my 52nd birthday. I am so overweight and ready to change that. I will definitely need some help staying motivated!!

Linda

Welcome Linda, you are in the right place at the RIGHT TIME! Bunch of great gals on here to support you in your lifestyle changes. We will help you as much as we can, we believe YOU CAN do it because WE HAVE! Take it one day at a time and you will be surprised at the results. Lots of us take our measurements to - and record on FitDay - give it a go.

Feeling a bit under the weather yesterday and today. Spent the morning in bed. I had to force myself to eat yesterday and today. Of course, gravitated to the carbs - quick, easy - complex carbs are still carbs.LOL After the oatmeal and raisins (yum) with my protein mix in it & 2/3c skim milk I was not hungry. I am wondering if it is the new protein powder I am taking making me feel sickly.

Hindsight, just kicked in I think. So - no more starting tomorrow for a week - and try it one day to see if it is the problem. Not thinking very clearly right now. Of course, I did work to late two nights in a row (11pm), so could be that too.

Oh, heck, I haven't a clue what is wrong - LOL - day off today, lots I wanted to do, but now - will be nice to myself and just - do - nothing. DH is home, so nice to relax with him.

Back to bed...Carren

Last edited by carrenross; 08-18-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.