Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? >

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Old 05-01-2014, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Hope. I'm fine - just had a couple spots biopsied but I'm not worried. They could be Basil cell at worst. My daughter is a Dr. so I gave in to her nagging. As I told my family Dr. I can ignore him but harder to ignore her.

May 1st Looking forward to a great month. 4 weeks till vacation. Lots of motivation to improve my fitness.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, it's funny when our kids nag us. I'm glad your daughter did; it's good to check things out. I don't know where you're going for vacay, but I hope you enjoy!!!

Mern, I hope you're OK (loss of appetite.)

More later, all.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food and stick to it - yes with reasonable adjustments, ate a bit more but resisted pizza; at more but mainly on plan
2) Stretch every day - yes, yes, yes
3) Drink more water - yes, yes, yes
4) lose the fluffiness - 1 pound so I'm even lol, yes
5) Try to get outside, even for a little bit - yes, yes, yes even with the crappy weather
6) write -yes, YES, yes
7) Meditate -yes, yes, yes
8) Spanish - nada si, si
9) Try to be positive - YES, yes, yes
10) Do something for others, even just a phone call -yes, yes, yes
11) walk or gym- walk, walk no
12) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper junk or get rid of 3 items every day- yes, yes, yes
Old 05-01-2014, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for the links. I will check them out.

I haven't been around much lately. I've got serious drama with my oldest. I've been doing the 21 Day Fix, and each time I do it I get a little better and can go a little longer. I am thinking about exchanging it, though, for Slim in 6 which is low impact and more for beginners. The 21DF is low impact also if you do the modifiers, but it is pretty intense. I don't know. I will keep at it for a few more days and see if I can withstand it any better.

Eating has been more on track again. I'm really stressed right now, so I'm surprised I'm not eating more. Well, maybe not surprised. It can either way to the extreme...either binge or starve. Right now I'm in starve mode. I don't eat until I can't stand it any more before finally having something.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm trying so hard to keep positive, but if the scale this morning is any indication...I won't be breaking out of the plateau this week. I'm happy I'm maintaining though! But woudl still love to break the plateau
Old 05-01-2014, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, what's going on with you these days?

Nyda, so sorry about your nerve damage. It's amazing all the work and walking you do despite that. How did you burn your foot several years ago? Wow, I thought our weather in southwest Ohio changed fast, but Idaho tops our rate of change in the course of one day. Great job on your Monday and Tuesday accomplishments! I hope you like your new washer. Aw, sorry you had to give up your trip to buy it!

Debbie, kudos on another good day with food and best wishes on your 8 week exercise challenge. Changing up on exercise occasionally is recommended by both health and exercise professionals. Thanks so much for the Jessica Smith links! I did half the Disco one yesterday after doing my aerobic walking DVD- and enjoyed the change of movements from my aerobic walking DVD. I'll try others, too, but today is my scheduled day off exercise. Aw, I hope you will be surprised with a "plateau bust" tomorrow morning!

Jenn, you are doing great! That taco soup sounds good. I think I copied that recipe but haven't tried it yet. I love quick-to-fix meals. I hope you feel better soon. When you check your blood sugar, is that as the percent of your blood as glucose.

Aimee, sincere best wishes on finding a new place to live and on your other stresses being relieved.

Hope, really about the only thing I HAVE to force myself to be "unwussy" about is exercise and I'm working on it. I know you're not really a wuss, either. Wishing you nicer weather! Southwest Ohio is having glorious spring weather. Oh, I'm perfectly OK--not feeling poorly at all--I just didn't feel hungry yesterday. But thanks for your sweet well wishes. You have glowing reports so far this week! Way to go!

Mary, my husband had basal-cell carcinoma moles and we were so happy to learn it seldom metastasizes. He makes sure to keep his semi-annual checkups. You are so motivated--you'll be fit as a fiddle by vacation time.

Jenai, best wishes on your family drama. My family has had it's share with several members, but we have survived so far and are stronger for it. Huge hug to ya! Great job changing up the exercise to suit your needs better. But try to eat--our bodies don't like to be starved and when you don't eat for a while and then start eating normally again, your body may hang onto every little calorie you put in it and cause fat gain, even if you're not overeating.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Still MIA, I'm sorry. Well we leave at Dawn's ass crack Saturday morning to head to San Francisco. The wedding is Monday. I recently found out that a friend and his wife are going to make the 8 hour drive from SoCal to be there. Some of you may know that I've met several people from Fitday in person. This one is a friend I met on Youtube a few years back and we've kept in touch. This will be our first time meeting face to face. I'm sure there will be some partying and a long of eating so I may have to crawl or waddle my way back to the thread when I get back in town.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I missed it, Mike. Whose wedding? Enjoy the trip AND the food and then check back in with us and let us know how it went--and what yummy things you ate, diet friendly or not.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Banned

Guys I have not been able to work out at ALL this week ....my job
is so crazy!!...but I have been making good food choices so that's good.
doing my water intake as well.

Debbie, maintaining is good..but I know...you wanna see a decrease...

Mike- I love weddings
Old 05-01-2014, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

I've been thinking about setting a mini goal rewards like some of the others have done. Couldn't decide on whether I'd reward myself with a movie at the theater or with a new wallet. It must have been an omen that I will meet my goal-- I logged off FitDay and went to my email and there found an email that had downloaded as I was deciding what my reward could be. The email was from an acquaintance hosting an online party selling household decor, totes, purses and WALLETS. I found one I really like that costs more than I'd like to pay, but my wallet is worn and over 20 years old, so I deserve this treat when I meet my goal. I'll have the wallet before I meet my goal, but I won't allow myself to use it until I do.

Becca! Congrats on your good food choices and water intake amid your work being so crazy. I'll bet the work load itself has increased your metabolism.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.