Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? >

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Sinuses are acting up today--rainy. I did take an Advil but it isn't kicking in yet
Been eating well but sorely lacking on the exercise. Made taco soup this morning. I cooked the meat and vegetables last night and stuck it in the fridge. I nuked it in the microwave so it wouldn't be cold putting it in and all done in less than 10 min. I can already smell it upstairs! If anyone is interested it's in the low-carb recipes.

Mom is going out for lunch on Fri so I will try the zuccini recipe instead of pasta--maybe with some chicken (not sure yet). BTW Dr Oz had a segment on Mon about increasing protein in diet--30 grams per meal. I can't remember who said they needed to increase theirs.

I did get my writing in yesterday. I'm a WYSIWYG type of person and I often get frustrated with people who aren't.
Jenn
Old 04-30-2014, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai I do the Wii workouts and I often do that--just walk in place since it senses motion. After a while you will get to the point where you will be able to do most of them and you will be so proud of yourself. Give it time.
Jenn
Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report:

I did not deliberately go below 1200 calories--I just missed drinking my first protein shake which I had pre-logged.

I'm not on a weight loss diet, but rather on a healthful eating lifestyle diet my doc and I worked out for me through trial and error. When I stick to it, it carries a bonus of weight loss.

My dietary cholesterol goal with doc is actually 250mg per day, but I'm experimenting to see if 200mg is achievable for me. Also experimenting with dropping protein from 120 to 110g. Doc had been concerned that 120g was too much, although blood tests show no detrimental effect, but we found I don't lose weight at 100g.

Average 1500 calories or less per day 1293, 1115
Average 11% of calories per day as saturated fat 5%, 8%
Average 25g net carbs per day 20g, 20g again
Average 25g fiber per day 33, 21 brings average up to 27g
Average 110g protein 143, 111 gives me an average of 127g
Average 200 mg or less dietary cholesterol per day 241, 174 gives me an average of 208mg
Exercise 5 days for 30 minutes YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 04-30-2014 at 02:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Mern!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Cannot respond to all but...

Mike....heyyyyy stranger. Welcome back here.

Mern, I think the idea is that we often learn from what is most difficult in our lives. We don't even have to seek it out; it's right there haha. I did lose my birthday pound by the way.

Debbie, I love the quote.

Mary, good attitude!!!

It's good to see more people here. I guess we must need it....
Old 04-30-2014, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food and stick to it - yes with reasonable adjustments ate a bit more but resisted pizza
2) Stretch every day - yes, yes
3) Drink more water - yes, yes
4) lose the fluffiness - 1 pound so I'm even lol
5) Try to get outside, even for a little bit - yes, yes
6) write -yes, YES
7) Meditate -yes, yes
8) Spanish - nada si
9) Try to be positive - YES, yes
10) Do something for others, even just a phone call -yes, yes
11) walk or gym- walk, walk
12) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper junk or get rid of 3 items every day- yes, yes
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hi all. Sinuses are acting up today--rainy. I did take an Advil but it isn't kicking in yet
Been eating well but sorely lacking on the exercise. Made taco soup this morning. I cooked the meat and vegetables last night and stuck it in the fridge. I nuked it in the microwave so it wouldn't be cold putting it in and all done in less than 10 min. I can already smell it upstairs! If anyone is interested it's in the low-carb recipes.

Mom is going out for lunch on Fri so I will try the zuccini recipe instead of pasta--maybe with some chicken (not sure yet). BTW Dr Oz had a segment on Mon about increasing protein in diet--30 grams per meal. I can't remember who said they needed to increase theirs.

I did get my writing in yesterday. I'm a WYSIWYG type of person and I often get frustrated with people who aren't.
Jenn
Taco soup yum.

Sorry about sinuses. Steam?

Great to hear about the writing!!! What is WYSIWYG please?
Old 04-30-2014, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

I need to check out that Taco Soup. It sounds good. Still feeling motivated. Doing well on the food. Need to get more exercise however I have been keeping a low profile with my stitches on each cheek. They are healing well and come out tomorrow so next week there are no excuses for not going to the gym. I have done some short walks but the weather outside yesterday and today was not good.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

I posted this on the last page, but just in case anyone is not going back to the last page to read I thought I'd post it again. For anyone looking for some good solid workouts that can be done at home...all for free!...here are a few links to help get you started.

Walking Workouts by Jessica Smith
Beginner Workouts by Jessica Smith
10 Minutes or Less by FitnessBlenderLow Impact Cardio/Beginner Toning Workouts by FitnessBlender
Old 04-30-2014, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

I'll be back later to catch up with the rest of you. I have to go eat lunch.

Just finished a mile of my aerobic walking DVD in 15 minutes. It's quite a workout for me right now. I'll do the second mile later today.

sfdonovan, great report!

Jenai, my doc subscribes to my getting in 150 minutes of exercise per week HOWEVER I can get it in. If you gave it a valient try, you have every reason to be satisfied with that. I have a bootcamp video in which I do the modified version and even at that there are some I can't do. I'm perfectly OK with that. I eat what I want as long as my weekly totals are on track. Deprivation is not my style and causes me to go off the track completely.

Libby, nice report, but so sorry you're having pain trying to exercise. Sounds like you need to watch it--I don't subscribe to the "no pain, no gain" attitude. Exercise isn't supposed to be painful--tiring, yes, but not painful. Maybe you need a day off. If 5 minutes is the best you can do, be proud of yourself for that! Try to add just a minute at a time and stay there for a few days to cautiously build up your stamina. I'm working on that with my hip socket pain from having slacked off exercise for so long. I am one who does not lose weight without exercise--maybe water weight, but not fat weight.

Debbie, keep up that positive attitude! Thanks so much for those Jessica Smith links. I'm going to do my second mile of aerobic walking afer lunch to one of those.

Mary, wonderful that your taste buds are changing for the better.

Jen, thanks for your encouragement.

Mike! Hey, welcome back! Looking forward to an update on how you're doing.

Hope, great report! Kudos on losing the birthday pound and on resisting pizza! Hey, I haven't eaten lunch yet, but I can make a yummy vegetarian low carb pizza on a low carb tortilla or Light Italian Flatout bread. Yeah, I know we learn valuable lessons from what is most difficult in our lives, but I'm a 67 year old wuss. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.