Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? >

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Notices

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Old 05-01-2014, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

It's been a nasty 2-3 weeks.

2 courses antibiotics and the second stronger than the first!
If this is an abscess it still isn't gone, but there is now doubt that it is an abscessed tooth/gum

I've been eating healthy, too much, BUT did not fall off the sugar abstinence wagon! So I just need to pick back up now lose the 3 pounds I put back on and keep on trucking
and wait and see what happens with my mouth........ no more antibiotics until I know I have an issue again!

It's May 1st time for monthly Goals
An easier goal this month and will adjust WHEN I hit it early
12.7 pounds so I will be 299.9 by May 31st (but earlier)
Old 05-01-2014, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Checking back in with my second workout of the day...this morning was 30 minutes of cardio intervals, this afternoon was 30 minutes on the elliptical and a 24 minute total body workout. I've done all I can do this week to break that plateau. There is simply nothing more I can or could have done, so let the chips fall where they may!

Oh Bea! Sorry to hear you're still down with the abscess!!! That is seriously awfull!!

Mern - Nice reward for yourself! Glad you enjoyed the youtube workouts!

Becca - Sorry to hear your work is getting in the way of your real life! Great job staying on track regardless of the insanity of your work!

Mike - Enjoy the wedding and the feasting! Nothing wrong with enjoying ourselves...right...we just get back on track when we can. We'll be here waiting for when you waddle back to the thread

Jenai - Let me know what you thought of the workouts!

Hope - Nice report! You're doing really well this week!

Jenn, Mary, Aimee, Nyda...sorry if I missed anyone! How are you all? Hope you had a good day!

See you all at weigh in tomorrow. Fingers crossed I broke my plateau!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I did look at both videos. The new one was way better than the old one. Now I'm rethinking everything. The workout is VERY basic. I know it would be taxing at first, but I think that I would quickly get bored by it. Even though the 21DF is quite difficult for me right now, I'm sure that if I stick it out I will get better. And there are 8 workouts to choose from so I wouldn't get bored quickly at all. But I'm so grateful you sent me those links! Otherwise I might have bought them and been disappointed in my decision. Thanks for doing that for me!!!

All I've eaten today is about 2 oz of chicken and 1 sheet of graham cracker split in half with a mixture of pureed strawberries, whipped cream and vanilla yogurt and frozen. (Super tasty snack for very low calories) However, I know I have not been eating enough since all this drama broke out with my son. I will make myself eat dinner tonight for sure.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, sorry to hear you had such a rough time with that abscess or whatever it is. Wouldn't you have to continue or change antibiotics until it is for SURE gone? I'm rooting for you to make your short term goal soon. We know you can do it!

Debbie, you surely are working hard to break that plateau. I'll bet you'll have a big whoosh of weight loss soon--maybe by morning. But if not, you surely can be proud of yourself anyway!

Jenai, your chicken and your strawberry yogurt and whipped cream graham cracker snack both sound super yummy, but I hope you come back and report that you ate a good dinner. Getting run down from not eating will not be helpful in dealing with whatever problem you have. I'm not judging--that's the voice of experience talking. Huge supportive cyberhugs to you and prayers if you wish.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Oh, I missed it, Mike. Whose wedding? Enjoy the trip AND the food and then check back in with us and let us know how it went--and what yummy things you ate, diet friendly or not.
Just mine.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

I can't get to sleep. My tummy hurts from stuffing my self. I was upset and went for junk food to sooth my troubles but that was a bad idea.
Bea, sorry to hear that you are in pain with an abscess. I hope it clears up soon.
Mike, may you have a long and happy marriage. We are celebrating our
40th anniversary this year. Best wishes to you on the Happy Day.
Debbie, I hope that you break the plateau tomorrow with a big loss because you deserve it for all the hard work you do.
I hope we all have a good weigh in tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, we can make positive changes to our life! Three years ago I cut my smoking down to 1 cigarette a day from 10. Unfortunately, I did not control my eating and got 20 pounds extra weight. Now I'm strongly determined to return to my previous weight, 6.5 pounds have gone already and thanks to this site I'll be losing more. Grateful to everybody on this forum! Your threads help me to stay motivated!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

For Mike and your bride

Old 05-02-2014, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, aw honey, I hope you feel better today!

cheeky cat, as a former smoker myself, I understand what a great accomplishment it was for you to quit. Congratulations I wish someone had told me when I quit that doing so slows metabolism. I hope you find all the support you need here as you lose the 20 lbs. and keep your metabolism sped up to prevent regain. You can do it!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

The sun is shining!! In Ontario this spring that is an event. Hope everyone has a great weekend - especially Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.