Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? >

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Old 04-30-2014, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,
I have had such a rough time getting back into the swing of things after my vacay a few weeks ago...ugh...I was afraid of this. Also, I've been stressed out about finances and finding a new place to live as of this summer. Affordable rents in my area are unheard of ....ugh...So anyway-- enough of that. I am getting back onthe wagon regardless of stress levels. Monday I did my bodypump class and today (wed) I did 40 min elliptical. My heart was not in it, but after seeing the scale has gone up this a.m. I just can not imagine doing anything else but getting back to the gym. Sorry I have been so absent, but I will make an effort to be more active here again. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the beginnings of summer. Today it is one of the hottest days of April in over 8 years here. Woah!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Aimee - think how good it will feel to get through all this change in better shape than when you started. The time goes and we need to deal with the stress so we may as well try to look after ourselves as we cope. I hope it all works out. Glad to hear someone has heat. Send some north.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I need to check out that Taco Soup. It sounds good. Still feeling motivated. Doing well on the food. Need to get more exercise however I have been keeping a low profile with my stitches on each cheek. They are healing well and come out tomorrow so next week there are no excuses for not going to the gym. I have done some short walks but the weather outside yesterday and today was not good.
Stitches on each cheek? Are you OK?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I am a 54 year old wuss, lol. And really you're NOT a wuss!!!

Aimee it sounds like you're taking great steps towards change. And as that old expression goes, you've come to the right place.
I don't know where you are but I'm going there. The weather here in NY STINKS. 40 degrees in May? Seriously? And would it KILL the sun to shine for more than a day?

Mike, maybe it's time for me to come back to N'awlins. I could use some crab boil right about now... You know if I said that to DH, he'd be there in a heartbeat...
Old 04-30-2014, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, it's "what you see is what you get".
Had soup and salad for lunch. Had some crackers and veggies at 4pm. Checked my blood sugar just before snack and it was 10 but it's supposed to be between 4 and 7 so still a bit higher. have appointment with Dr in a week to see if we can find another medication to use to lower sugars.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

I had another successful day...got in my exercise and did well with food too! 1 more day to make a difference before Friday weigh in!

Aimee - Send some of that heat here! The weather here sucks! Glad to see you back. I know it can be tough to get back on track, so kudos for doing your best to do just that. Once you get back into the groove of things, it won't seem so daunting.

Mern - Hope you like the Jessica Smith workouts!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

My calories were good today but no exercise.

Goals for the week
Exercise: starting with 10 min. M-15 min. T-5min. W-N
Calories: under 1200 M-Y T-Y W-Y
More fruit and veg M-Y T-Y W-Y
Lose 1 pound

One more day till weigh in.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report:

Just awful as far as balance was concerned. Way too low on calories and veggies--just didn't have much appetite and was eating on the run. That's not good--tomorrow I will try to eat ALL the food I prelog.

Average 1200-1500 calories per day 1293, 1115, 687
Average 11% of calories per day as saturated fat 5%, 8%, 8%
Average 25g net carbs or less per day 20g, 20g again, 30g still gives me an average of 23g
Average 25g fiber per day 33, 21, 16
Average 110g protein 143, 111, 68g
Average 200 mg or less dietary cholesterol per day 241, 174 only 48mg gives me an average of 164 mg.
Exercise 5 days for 30 minutes YES, YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, NO
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I worked again today. I keep forgetting my pedometer but I figure I walk about 3 miles at work. Plus lifting all those 26 pound boxes of frozen bread.
I did really good today. I kept it under 18 hundred today.I need to cut greens tomorrow so I can eat lots of salads.
Had to buy a new washer so no trip. Makes a weird noise when washing. It is one of those he low water washers.
I did not buy anything at work today which is really good for me. I work in a grocery store, some days not good.
It was nice here today. It helps to get on this site and read and post. When I don't I get so off track . I like the quote. Everyone hang in there we can do it. As we follow the yellow brick road keep saying I can loose, I will loose, I can do this.
Nyda
Old 04-30-2014, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

TY Mary, Hope, & Debbie. I will keep working at it until the motivation comes back.

Nyda- working at a grocery store would be so tough for me. Seeing food all day- woah...And yes, it really is nice to read everyone's posts here. Thanks all for the support. i missed you all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.