Notices

What are you eating...

Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Frozen grapes. A friend turned me on to them, and I can't figure out how I've lived so long without them. :-)
Old 06-28-2011, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Frozen grapes. A friend turned me on to them, and I can't figure out how I've lived so long without them. :-)
oooo I'll have to try that one! Thanks!

Just ate a Lean Cuisine~Butternut Ravioli and a Salad
Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I like my grapes not-quite-frozen. I put them in the freezer but take them out before they get hard--very tasty!

The U-pick strawberry fields are just opening up here in Maine. My sister picked 24 POUNDS of them and gave us some. I just eat them raw (from the 'fridge)--yum!

My turn to cook today so I'm making peanut shredded chicken, one of my favs. Whole wheat pasta, stir fry veggies, chicken boiled and shredded and half a jar of natural peanut butter and some garlic and soy sauce. I keep the Chinese garlic sauce on the side as many of my family members can't stand the heat but it really does make the dish, IMHO.

Breakfast today is two large eggs and 3oz. of lean beef--my usual high protein way to start the day.

Have a great day, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Michael, that is an awesome idea; I'll have to try it. Nothing can be spicy enough for my 14-year-old! Thanks for posting it.

I love frozen grapes, too. Healthiest popsicles around!

I have a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter this morning. Not very exciting, but it serves the purpose.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Michael, that is an awesome idea; I'll have to try it. Nothing can be spicy enough for my 14-year-old! Thanks for posting it.

I love frozen grapes, too. Healthiest popsicles around!

I have a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter this morning. Not very exciting, but it serves the purpose.
Search "peanut chicken" on the eatingwell recipe site. I like their recipes as they list calories, fat, etc. which makes it easy to put in as a custom food. I forgot to add that the recipe also calls for ginger and garlic--umm, umm!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Fasting this week... so not much of anything
Old 06-29-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

That peanut chicken dish sounds amazingingly good.

Breakfast today: egg burrito. A couple tablespoons of onion, one egg, a bit of ham, some salsa and low fat sharp cheddar, all scrambled together in a skillet. Wrap in a low carb tortilla with a bit more salsa and a dab of Greek yoghurt. Pretty good, but I think I like a good veggie omelet better.

Dinner last night: outback steak house. 6oz signature steak, garlic mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, bread very good.

What makes that worth mentioning is that ahead of time, I went to check the nutrition and found they have a great app for building your whole meal and seeing the nutrition. I learned, for example, that both the steak and the veggies are usually served in butter, so I had them hold that. Also learned that their salads are really high in calories and fat - I was better off with the potato. I put my meal into fd and planned the rest of the day around it to meet all my usual targets, so I could have a great night out with zero worries or guilt.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Fasting this week... so not much of anything
How come you're fasting?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc
How come you're fasting?
It has become a semi-annual ritual. There are a bunch of reasons - none of the are particularly religious - but there have been times when I would make a deal with the Lord, or the devil (whoever is listening) for a grilled cheese sandwich.

Kidding aside there are 3 main reasons:

-to remind myself that the majority of world, and an increasing number of people in the US, don't have enough to eat.
- to remind myself how pervasive the availabilty of food is, and how we are saturated with food advertising designed to get us to eat more. When you are denying yourself the pleasure of eating your senses become incredibly atuned to any reminders of food.
-and lastly as a self discipline exercise.

BTW it isn't a very good weight loss technique, at least for the 7 to 10days I do it. I will lose a lot, but most of it comes back once the bowels fill back up and the body readjusts to a normal hydration pattern.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

I just had a lemonade popsicle and a piece if dark chocolate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.