Community
Notices
Like Tree122Likes

Where did the food log disappear to?

Old 12-17-2022, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

WHy does Fitday still promote its Food log on its home page when it's trashed it!!! I am trying to use chronometer. But it is so garbled with "fancy" webpage Design -- can't create a clear food log. Still looking for something else.
faerycircle likes this.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:16 PM
FitDay Member

MyFitnessPal is next best thing. So sad.
Old 12-21-2022, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

I've been using Fitday since 2006 and I have hundreds upon hundreds of custom foods. I would gladly pay to keep using it in some way.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

I second that aenima49, I have checked out alternative solutions and just can't find one that works for me. 5 minutes first thing in the morning logging in food for the day and I'm good to go.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I agree, compared to other platforms like myfitnesspal, I much prefer the UI of fitday
siseverson likes this.
Old 12-23-2022, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default no food log it!!!!!!!

theres point comig to this site anymore. over 10 yrs of custom foods. Fu@* this. im out
Iowa_cuddles likes this.
Old 12-23-2022, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Me too. I really hope they bring it back. Also, I hope FItday looks into the programming. I don't understand why this is such a hard conversion. It must be possible but maybe a little laborious?

Last edited by siseverson; 12-23-2022 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-24-2022, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

I've also been on Fitday forever. I won't deny I am very upset about losing all my data.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Well, folks, looks like this is it. I hope everyone has found a suitable place to land. Please don't let this set-back derail all the good work you've done! We can get through this!

As for me, I've landed over at Cronometer. It took a bit to get used to, but I think I have the hang of it now. Of course, I don't have all my history, nor do I have all the custom foods I had on Fitday, but I'm starting to rebuild my database over there. Now that I have a few weeks in, I'm better acquainted with their systems. And rebuilding gives me the opportunity to weed out all those custom foods I ate once and never again. They aren't clogging up this new base!

Ok. I do need to take a moment for a brief rant: I will never forgive Fitday for their lackluster response to this situation. Surely they could have seen it coming. But it seems they just threw up their hands and didn't even try to come up with a solution. Inexcusable. It's also inexcusable that they have apparently made no effort to help users find new apps or to transfer data to new apps. Instead, we were just thrown out into the cold to find our own way. I didn't even get an emailsuggesting that something like this might be a possibility. Hehe yeah, I'm a bit bitter.

But what's done is done. Time to move on. Whew -- deep cleansing breath!

As I said, I hope all of you find places to land. Other posts in this thread have mentioned good alternatives including MyFitnessPal and LoseIt!. It will very soon be a New Year. Let's look at this as a new challenge and a fresh start. We can do it! Cheers to all!
lilacsummer likes this.

Last edited by episode2011; 12-30-2022 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thanku so much. I found my food log because of your post. I wish all the other disappointed people would have read it as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.