Community
Notices
Like Tree122Likes

Where did the food log disappear to?

Old 12-14-2022, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I clicked tried on the link you listed and it worked. However after login the second time it did not work. I had to come back to your post to make it happen again, which really confuses me. And idea how to make it work every time???
Old 12-14-2022, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

I second cronometer. Just downloaded it and I like the customization of being able to edit the values based on weight as I weigh my food. So far I've actually had to only make one custom application and I was able to scan the bar code to create it. I also like the fact that it syncs with apple health so my workouts sync and my fit track syncs so I don't have to manually enter weights and workouts.
spree17 likes this.
Old 12-14-2022, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

I am also really sad to see FitDay tracking vanish. I have mailed them to say I will update the system to PHP8 in my spare time - this is not a massively difficult task. Let's see if they respond.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I joined in 2007 (I think the "join" date next to my name is when I joined the forums?) and used it religiously since then. Not only did fitday help me lose and keep the weight off, but I have been able to track important nutritional data to help manage a medical condition. I do not like myfitnesspal due to the fact that my experience is that the data is largely user-generated with multiple conflicting listings for the same food item with the same characteristics (ie boneless skinless raw chicken breast).

It seems unconscionable that an email notification wasn't sent in advance to warn users. Thank you for posting the url so historic records can be accessed. Fortunately I had my monthly weights and calories logged in an Excel spreadsheet since 2007.

In the meantime I have been using a notebook to record food and calories. Counting calories alone won't address nutritional needs but it certainly will help me maintain my weight! I also know, thanks to fitday, what general foods I should be having daily and the general nutritional content. My fifteen years of tracking and learning about nutrition won't go away!

Edited to add that if you put a raw food, weight and the word "calories" into google it will pull up the info from the USDA. Example:

https://www.google.com/search?client...+8+oz+calories

This is the source I'm using for recording calories on paper.

Last edited by missavie; 12-15-2022 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added url
Old 12-15-2022, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone - Sucks to see this happen. I've been using Fitday since 2006 and feel your pain. A friend of mine recommended the MacrosFirst app. I've been using it for a week now and while it takes some getting used to, it's a decent app. I'm just so mad that I've lost my hundreds of custom created foods /sadface
siseverson and aneonvortex like this.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks that was helpful - chronometer
Old 12-16-2022, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

The site at the link you propose seems to be gone too. :-/
Old 12-16-2022, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by spree17
Hope it comes back. I have invested over 10 years in to it.
See NOTICE at top of page:

Hello everyone,
I must regretfully inform you that beginning in November, our calorie and activity tracking app will shut down for good.
"Why is this happening?" - At the end of November, there is a technical requirement to migrate the site to a certain computer language called PHP 8 (we are currently on PHP 7). Unfortunately, the code that was used to create the app is not compatible with the new version of PHP and the creators of the app have long since departed.
The good news is that the forums will remain, so any friends you've made and any discussions you're part of will still be here for the foreseeable future!
IBJoel
Old 12-16-2022, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Like others here, I've been using Fitday on a daily basis for over 12 years. It helped me lose 60 pounds in the beginning, and I've kept it off since. I was surprised and disappointed that Fitday food log was going away. But, if you read the NOTICE pinned at top of webpage, its clear they had no choice.

Here's what I'm using as a replacement for Fitday --
  • Lose It! -- Available in App Store for iPhone. Also available for desktop by searching for Lose It (try loseit dot com -- I'm unable to post a link in this message)
I'm using the free version and it is great...give it a try!
Old 12-16-2022, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Does anyone know if there's a way to download (export) our fitday data? I'd love to have my last 12 years of information!
siseverson and aneonvortex like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.