The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10

Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Great job, NessaSonic!

Seems like you are right on track! Just keep going and you'll hit that 200-mark in no time

As for myself, I have neither gained nor lost, still at 125.6. I take it as a win, since I've been loosing my calorie restriction quite a bit this past week.

However, I completely blew it yesterday! I had a whole package of dried cranberries (640 cals!!!) - just couldn't stop myself from eating them . So ended up consuming about 2300 cals without ever feeling full.
But I'm planning to make up for it with a good workout tonight... If we fall, we stand up and get going again, right?

Best wishes to all of you!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Great jobs Molly and Nessasonic.

Nessa, I am sure you will reach your goal! That is just awesome that you have lost 34 pounds so far.... and in just 4 months! Amazing!

Molly, you are so right about falling. It's totally okay to fall, it will happen to all of us whether it's a big fall or a little fall or something in between. No one can be perfect 100% of the time. It's not about falling, it's all about getting back up and back on track.

I lost another pound this week, which means that I have lost a grand total of 3.6 pounds. It's a constant effort to not get totally discouraged by my oh-so slow progression. I exercise almost daily. This weekend however I was in Mexico City from Friday to Monday and it's pretty hard to find low fat food there. I started to attempt to log my food and then decided that I wouldn't even begin to know how to figure out the food I was eating so I came up with a strategy. I would focus on portions, eat 3 meals a day with only fruit for snacks in between. I tried to make the best choices but I also wanted to enjoy my surprise trip. I was in a business hotel (it was a work trip) so there was a gym and I did not miss a single Couch To 5K run. I am very proud of that! I used my time off to visit museums, and walk all over the markets and parks. It was an amazing and memorable trip!

Given all that, I am totally thrilled that I lost a pound this week! I am right back in my routine now and happy to be sharing our Wednesday morning check-in with you all!

Have a great day, Everyone!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 06-15-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

mtlgirl your plan in Mexico City sounds like it was a great one. I'm so glad you were adaptable and figured out how to make your new lifestyle work even if it was hard to reach fitday/figure out what ingredients were in your food. That is really fantastic. Congrats on your weight loss as well as your perseverance.

Molly, I had dried cranberries last night as well!! They were flavored with oranges. Soooo yummy. Atleast they have fiber, right? Sorry that you ate the whole bag. Just get right on that wagon. Thanks for starting the Wednesday check-in.

I can't say I can weigh in this week because I don't think I can get to a Weight Watchers meeting because my lab schedule. I'm still staying on track with all of my eating though. I have been eating lots of walnuts and peanut butter (all natural, no sugar) so that might be a problem. I try to limit it to like 2 tablespoons a day of peanut butter and only about 8 walnuts. Still, it's a lot of fat.

Nessa, I am so happy for your continued weight loss. 34 pounds in 4 months, that is really impressive!! Great job on keeping your spirits up and your eating habits in check.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Blackrhino...be encouraged about the walnuts and peanut butter....they are good fats especially the walnuts...just be sure to keep them within your calorie limits.

I am so proud of everyone and how you have done sounds like everyone is still focused and hasn't lost sight of theirs goals even during vacation that is definitely something to be excited about mtlgirl.

Nessonic congrats on your weight loss...it is exciting to know that you are about to move past that 200 mark. I am looking forward to that myself.

I was admittedly a little frustrated by the fact that I didn't lose a thing this week despite the fact that I added the biggest loser bootcamp to my workout. Wow!!...it wasn't bad until the next day...I could barely sit down to use the bathroom..no joke. I was proud of myself though that after taking the next day off (except for walking) I went right back to it even though I was still sore and was surprised to find that it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be.

Anybody have a good recommendation or site for calorie intake? I want to be sure I am not taking in too much or maybe even too little.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

I'm down 2 pounds since last Wed. It might have been more but there was this strawberry picking/feeding incident, and then yesterday there was this brownie that went downy and was chased by another , which worked out to like 600 extra calories!!! Yikes and double yikes, it should be illegal to pack that many calories into such a small yummy thing.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Tjkhoover, I TOTALLY hear you about the post workout pain! I am doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and the next day I too could barely lower myself on to the toilet! Now I am enjoying it a lot. I can already see a difference in overall body shape.

As for calorie intake, try this site. I think cjohnson provided it a few weeks ago and I happened to book mark it. It's very user friendly! Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

Almeeker, you are hilarious! Thanks for the laugh and I just have to say again, congratulations on your impressive - and I mean impressive - weight loss! Good for you!!!!

Blackrhino, thank you so much for the encouragement. You are doing great, and I wouldn't worry about the walnuts but you might want to try almond butter instead of peanut butter. It contains way more of the good fats and the high fiber, protein and monosaturated fat content in almonds actually result in more of a feeling of satiety than peanut butter. I like to spread it on apple slices but I do admit not everyone likes it as much as peanut butter and it's definitely pricier. Anyway, you be the judge.

Have a great evening, Wed Club!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 06-16-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tjkhoover

I was admittedly a little frustrated by the fact that I didn't lose a thing this week despite the fact that I added the biggest loser bootcamp to my workout. Wow!!...it wasn't bad until the next day...I could barely sit down to use the bathroom..no joke.
I started my workout routine with biggest loser 6 week makeover and I know what you mean about not being able to sit down!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

mtlgirl thanks for the site...looks it is exactly what I needed.

I am sorry to hear that we all have had trouble with the seat....LOL but at least it wasn't just me :P
Old 06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Wooooooo!!!!!!!

dear friends and goal seekers,
I am here to inform you of my progress thus far as you can see from my signature. I'm in a joyful mood. In the past month I have lost 16 pounds. I am so over come with joy that I checked my theasarus and just as I suspected there are no words to describe my joy.

But enough about me...The whole "not being able to sit down" club you guys became a part of I have been there too. It is the price you pay to work for the goal. I have found that if you do a light work out the next day it will help with the pain...not totally but it helps.

almeeker way to go 2 more pounds that you dont have to worry about.

NessaSonic I am on your tail to reach that beloved "1" at the start of my weight.

MollySue2 maintaining while on vacation is great. I am sure that you lost but you gained some lean muscle from the walking you were doing. So over all you win.

mtlgirl one pound is great. Dont get disuraged by slow progress. Slow is good it is better to go for a long slow run than a short fast run. Your in it for the long haul and you start with one step(pound) at a time.

Frank
Old 06-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Great job, Frank! Kudos to the rest of you who are losing, maintaining, or just "experimenting" this week! You definitely learn something new all the time in this journey.

I really need to find a good can't-sit-down workout. It's been a while and I do four or five different things, but the lack of soreness is telling me I need to push some different muscle groups. It's definitely a love-it, hate-it kind of feeling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.