Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I'm in Va beach right now. At my brothers house, just hanging out with him. I'm going to try to make it to the beach some while here. The race starts Saturday morning. I don't even know what time but I'm guessing 7:00. I'll be corralled way to the back withe the slow people so it'll probably take me an hour just to get to the starting line.

One thing that I must do while here is hit up the Dairy Queen on the boardwalk for a butterfinger blizzard. It's like the twin sibling if the blast. My diet today has sucked, but I didn't have too many choices (airport food). My 1st fight was great. I felt like a king (or pimp). I had the entire row to myself. I layer down, sprawled out and took up all the seats. My connecting flight was packed, so no relaxing on that one.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I am glad to hear your computer came out clean for viruses! Crossing my fingers that you are totally in the clear!

Amy, thanks so much for the amazing advice. I just got home from a 6:45pm spinning class and now I am thinking that it's probably a good idea for me to go to the gym before work instead. There are a couple of early morning spin classes at my gym. I am going to cut down on the caffeine although, the only caffeine I have is my morning coffee and then 2 cups of green tea throughout the day. Do you think the green tea has enough caffeine in it that I should switch to decaf? I definitely don't have RLS. Thank goodness your dad is off the medication. Sometimes the side effects of the stuff that is prescribed to us is so bad, we're almost worse off. I am literally going to follow all of your advice and see how it goes.

Mern-Darling, I know you weren't implying that I ignore my problem. I just really like how you are at peace with your situation and that is inspiring to me. You are totally adorable, Sweet Mern.

Hope, thank goodness everyone is okay. I'm still bummed about your flooded basement but you have an amazing attitude towards it. You're right. Our memories are not inside the things that we possess. They are in our hearts. Big hug to you!

Mike, have I told you lately how inspiring you are? Seriously Dude, way to go on all your accomplishments and especially on participating in that marathon DESPITE your injury. You are a beast! You deserve major props. WTG!

Terri, oooooh I am so excited about your Mad Men dress!!! I really really hope that your BF has a photo sesh with you tonight! Just make love to the camera, Darling. Also, thanks a lot for the pep talk. We'll see where this second week of 7000-calorie deficit takes me! Hopefully down the scale! The documentary I am editing is about that big ship that sank almost a hundred years ago... you know the one Leonardo and Kate were on. I am not really supposed to talk about it until we get closer to the air date but hopefully you got the hint.

Mary, yummy, I love Tilapia. Enjoy your dinner!

Tanya, that's so cool about that ultrasound therapy. I had tendonitis on my posterior tibialis about 4 years ago now but I remember how freaking painful it was. I had an amazing physiotherapist who gave me ultrasound therapy among other techniques. It totally worked! I love the quote in your signature by the way. Very inspiring! Also, out of curiosity, what kind of fur babies do you have? I have a fur baby who I miss very very much right now because I am in the UK while he is with my mom back in Canada. He's a Schnoodle named Chico and he's the best dog in the whole world, not to mention incredibly handsome.

Cassie, I am really sorry to hear that you had a horrible day yesterday but I know you've got this and your week is still going to be a raging success. Sending you a great big cyber hug!

Ann, glad to hear you're making so much head way on your new journey. I like what you said.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, thanks. I'm not mug of a fighter, probably wouldn't be a good one now anyway. They did run me through the x-ray machine and I could hear the TSA girls giggling and whispering to each other. I felt compelled to stick up for myself and I screamed "cut me some slack, it's cold in here!"

Rose, thanks so much. I guess that I have you and Terri snowed I to believing that I'm insprirational. LOL just kidding. I can't wait to hear the stories of your scale going way south, keep up the good work. Oh, how's the water coming?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, Rose, you are so sweet. Sometimes I think I may have worded something poorly and it may have come out sounding like I'm making light of someone else's problem. I wanted to be sure you knew that wasn't what I meant. I was telling my 9 year old granddaughter the other day that just because something doesn't bother her doesn't mean the same thing isn't a big problem for her brother. So we need to respect each other's concerns.

Cassie, I'm so sorry for your bad day but as you said, it's not too late to turn it around. What a great attitude! Yeah, sometimes it IS hard to guess what to put in the food log for restaurants. But you gotta give yourself credit for going too light on dinner last night which probably caused too much snacking in the evening--whether physically from hunger or psychologically from feelings of deprivation. Look who's talking to whom! LOL Well, that opinion is not meant as a "smarter than you" thing--it's meant as an "I'm old enough to be your mother so I have more experience at making mistakes than you" thing. And the ball of nerves thing certainly accounts for more than usual snacking. This will pass when things calm down--don't let it bother you too much--you'll have it all under control before you know it. Big hug to ya!

Ann, wow, I'm still super-impressed with your working out at lunch time! Kudos to you for thinking of your new eating and exercise program as a lifestyle and not as a quick weight loss diet. Yup, moving on and starting fresh today or tomorrow is always the best advice for those who are struggling.

Mike, I'll bet it's beautiful in Va Beach. Have you ever done the harbor tour past the Navy shipyards in Norfolk? That's really neat if you've never been in the military. OMG Butterfinger is my favorite candy next to dark chocolate, so I'll bet that Blizzard would be soooooo delicious! Enjoy! About your first flight--now, I figure you could have been king of a prom or of a county fair or Mardi Gras, but I gotta ask, just how would you know how a pimp feels? LOL We'll be thinking of you Saturday morning, but keep in touch!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Rose, thanks so much. I guess that I have you and Terri snowed I to believing that I'm insprirational. LOL just kidding. I can't wait to hear the stories of your scale going way south, keep up the good work. Oh, how's the water coming?
Mike, you're welcome! I'm Canadian and can handle a good snowing. Also I'm sitting here with a bottle of water that is almost all gone! All this H20 has got to have a positive effect on my efforts right?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Ann, wow, I'm still super-impressed with your working out at lunch time! Kudos to you for thinking of your new eating and exercise program as a lifestyle and not as a quick weight loss diet. Yup, moving on and starting fresh today or tomorrow is always the best advice for those who are struggling.
I used to work out at lunch years ago and loved it since you can relax, get any stress out of your system from the work day and have more energy to get through the rest of the day. Really, I had no other option this time. I am already up at 5am every day and then the hubby doesn't get home until late. So wasn't a big fan of going to work out at 8 or 9pm every night. So lunchtime it is. I work only three days a week and am home with my daughter the other days. So I try to get in a run once or twice a week outside when I can. But at least I can always count on three good workouts during the week when I go at lunch
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday check-in

Gotta make this quick. I left my laptop charger at work and I have 17% battery left on my Macbook. So I basically went to the hardest spin class of my life tonight. It was so intense people were gasping and everyone had a sweat puddle at the foot of their bikes! The instructor was a killer! Seriously I could have charged him with attempted murder but I loved every singe second of it!

My goals:

1. Eat below 1300 calories. YES 1192/YES 1277
2. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day. OH YES/OH WAY MORE TODAY
3. Take my vitamins. DONE!/ DONE!
4. Exercise 6 times. M: 1x/T:1X (total so far: 2X
5. Balance the pie chart. Could have been better/ pretty good today
6. Get to sleep by 11pm. YES/ YES
7. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit! M: 1365/ T:1381(total so far: 2746)

Last edited by mtlgirl; 08-30-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I'll bet it's beautiful in Va Beach. Have you ever done the harbor tour past the Navy shipyards in Norfolk? That's really neat if you've never been in the military. OMG Butterfinger is my favorite candy next to dark chocolate, so I'll bet that Blizzard would be soooooo delicious! Enjoy! About your first flight--now, I figure you could have been king of a prom or of a county fair or Mardi Gras, but I gotta ask, just how would you know how a pimp feels? LOL We'll be thinking of you Saturday morning, but keep in touch!
It is beautiful here. I have not had a chance to do the tour. If I get a chance this year, I'll have my brother take me. I thought that I was the only butterfinger freak here. Have you ever tried the little mini butterfingers that come in the bag? OMG they are awesome, so fresh and crisp, every time. When you get the regular bar, you must search for one that's not broken. The broken ones are always stale. I can't say that I've ever felt a pimp, so I guess I wouldn't know how one feels.

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Mike, you're welcome! I'm Canadian and can handle a good snowing. Also I'm sitting here with a bottle of water that is almost all gone! All this H20 has got to have a positive effect on my efforts right?
The water should have a positive effect. If that doesn't work get some Smooth Move Tea, that will do the trick. Seriously! I know that Target sells it, Wal Mart may too. The next time you go to the store pick up a box. You may want to grab an extra roll or two of TP while you're at it.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

...and...here comes the unavoidable mental picture of Mike fondling Butterfingers in search of an intact one on the shelf...
Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,
am back on track after 3 weeks of fasting (Ramadan). I've been a reasonable girl and didn't stuff myself with sweets after sunset, and I lost about 2lb which is great considering I did no exercise at all and spent most of my days in bed. Today was a big celebration, and tomorrow life's back to normal. Goals:

1) Limit sugar (and fruit). Seriously.
2) No more than 1800kcal (am still nursing)
3) Exercise daily - alternating bike and dvd with 2 days off

Re limiting fruit, I became a sort of 4-bananas-a day person. I do have a sweet tooth. Thirty two of them, to be exact, so combacting that will be my number one priority this week.

I hope and pray that all of you residing in Irene's way are safe and sound.

(Btw. Do you know why hurricanes are given female names? Coz at first they are intense and wild, and later they take cars and houses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.