Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-30-2011, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

@Amy omigosh...WTFrak?!? I've never heard such a thing... silly fish! LOL Looks like you stuck to your goals pretty well today — YAY you!!

@Mike Thanks! Personally I think you marathoner types are all off your ruddy rockers (and you people are EVERYWHERE, geez! lol), but I wish you luck all the same!

I'm mildly annoyed that I couldn't find something as simple as a swim cap at Walmart, but it's not going to stop me from swimming — if I can't make it to one of the local sporting goods stores before I go to the pool, I'll just go some other time and make sure I cleanse and condition my hair really well after swimming until I get a cap. My plan is to go to the pool right after we put our kids to bed, which is at 8:30pm (their bedtime will be my "trigger"—I'm hoping having a set event every night will help make it easier for me to stick to my goal); then I should be able to come home, shower, and fall into bed! My legs are still sore from my puny little "workout" yesterday — so pitiful! Time to go take more ibuprofen, prop up my wonky foot with an ice pack on it again, and veg with hub for a bit before I knock off for the night. Y'all have a good one!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
The water should have a positive effect. If that doesn't work get some Smooth Move Tea, that will do the trick. Seriously! I know that Target sells it, Wal Mart may too. The next time you go to the store pick up a box. You may want to grab an extra roll or two of TP while you're at it.
Oh Mike. Mike Mike Mike. #1. There are no Walmarts or Targets in the UK. #2. You are a piglet. For reals.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
FitDay Member

Amy, the fish story?!!!!! I have no words!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by brandismom1990
Okay -- so busy I can't breathe, but this is a promise, that I will check in.

So okay, maybe this is TOTALLY COMPLETELY UTTERLY FALSE HOPE . . .

But I have eliminated Gluten/Wheat from my diet since Sunday and, uhm . . .I have NEVER HAD SO FEW CRAVINGS or desire to eat.

I mean, virtually NO "need to feed" feelings. I had a huge day today and it was only at 7:00 p.m. that I realized I had one Greek Yogurt with fruit. 5-6 Rice Crackers and a handfull of Corn nuts ALL DAY, while cooking!!! (see: Kitchen Darlings to check out my much neglected website -- but my biz just the same) And I wasn't HUNGRY. Came home, cooked 5 oz of beef, made some instant type rice noodle bowl (seriously? instant things usually send me into a tail spin of gorging!!!) and I am not hungry??

Has anyone experience a "gluten free" lifestyle change? Is this temporary? Is it a fluke? Is this a HUGE PIPE DREAM FOR A FOOD ADDICT?

Inquiring minds NEEEEEEEDDDD to know!

Peace out, gotta turn the brain off. Catching up tomorrow, I hope!
Yes, we were a GF household for 4 years. If I can stay away from grain based carbs, specifically wheat, my cravings drop off the bottom of the chart. I try to avoid wheat at breakfast or after a cheat day. However I have discovered that if I go completely gluten free for weeks on end that I get some symptoms of malnutrition, bumpy fingernails, dry brittle hair, gray/pale skin tone. So I would suggest that you take a multivitamin along with the GF diet, or at least make sure that you are meeting all of the RDA of vitamins and minerals. Commercially made bread has a lot of things added to it. You also might find that since a GF diet is lower in carbs than what you're used to, your bit*h factor may surface more often and quite unexpectedly. A GF diet can be a huge advantage for a food addict or carbaholic (whatev), however I will caution that if/when the dam breaks the binge might be more out of control than usual, and that you will feel like you have a hangover with hardcore flashes of the "need to feed" for the next couple of days.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

Tanya, I'm not your typical marathoner, so I can go into there category. I couldn't do a full marathon if my life depended on it. Also, I can't even run/jog a 1/4 mile straight without feeling like I'm going to die. Even at my best (before my injury) I would job for like a minute and walk for three, then repeat. Seriously my goal is go finish the half marathon in 3 hours 16 minutes. I'll be one of the last people to cross the line, but I will cross it... many don't.
Last year I posted a picture of me getting passed by a guy with one leg, no kidding. He didn't even use a prosthetic.

Rose, I'm sorry. I forgot that you are in the UK. there are some sites to see at Walmart, you don't know what you are missing.

Amy, did you get the game going yet? I'm here at my brothers house while they are working, looking for something to do!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Amy: Your fish story is CRAZY!!! That fish is a sexual predator And hahahahaa about being hit on at the wedding - hey, girl, you're hot, just take the compliment!! That's so funny! Weddings are amazing for good drunk stories.

Ann: Glad to hear that things are moving in a good direction for your mentally! Mental blocks seem to be my weakness, too. Just worked through a really rough one, so good on you for keeping at it!

Mike: Good luck on the half-marathon, however long it takes. I don't think I'd even attempt a 5K right now, so I think that even if you walk the whole thing, that's SO AWESOME. And hey, maybe they were giggling for a GOOD reason behind that X-ray machine

Rose: I'm telling ya, if you're anything like me, it'll just BLAM hit you. The clothes-fitting differently is a good thing. Just blame the low week on Aunt Flo, always a good excuse And Ohhhh, THAT boat! I think I'm picking up what you're laying down. So exciting!!

Cassie: Sorry to hear about your bad day... restaurants do it to all of us! You're going through a crazy time it looks like, and your attitude is awesome. It will carry you through. Big hugs!

Muna: Welcome back! Congrats on the 2 lbs.!!

Everyone else: BIG HUGS! I have to run soon and I want to get my report in!!

Tuesday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,375 T: 1,456 (Week Average: 1,415.5)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 3-4 times this week. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Beginners Workout T: Day off
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -802 T: -410 (Week Total: -1212)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: No (dinner) T: No (dinner again!)
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 29% T: 29% (Week Average 29%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch Out T: No eating out (Total: 1 Lunch, 0 Dinners)

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes T: yes
2) Tackle the clothing piles!! M: No T: No
3) Tackle the mending pile M: No T: No
4) Book tickets to BFF's wedding in October M: No T: No

Man - BF was in an extremely foul mood yesterday. Apparently he had pretty severe allergy attacks all day at work (my allergies were acting up too) and none of the medicine he was taking was working. I spent my evening coddling him - even though I wanted to tell him to man up, I know how bad allergies can be, and he looked, frankly, miserable - red nose, watery eyes, constant sneezing, itchy skin. It's hard not to be empathetic. I made him some comfort food for dinner (pasta with alfredo sauce, a little basil and garlic chicken on top) but unfortunately I ended up eating it too, so I went just a tad over-cal! I should have taken a smaller portion and made some nice fresh broccoli, but I was feeling a little frazzled, I guess. Ah well, it could have been worse.

Due to his mood, though, I didn't ask him to take pictures of me in my new dress Maybe tonight! He's got the day off and should be in a far better mood when I get home. Tonight is a workout night, so I'll try to ask him before I get all gross and red-faced from my cardio. I'm planning on a lighter-cal day today... we'll see how it goes. My lunch is just a taco salad and I'm hoping it tides me over until dinner, since I'm trying to eliminate a snacking habit I've apparently gotten into

Though, sadness for snacking: My supermarket had a BOGO deal on new "FlatOut Crisps" which are like a cracker from FlatOut - I love their wraps, so I thought I'd like the crackers (and they're pretty good, nutritionally!). Alas, I find them to be MEGA BLAND. I'd have to schmear stuff on them to make them edible for me, which can kind of get rid of the point of having a light cracker (though I do have those laughing cow wedges - ever the cheese-fix lifesaver). I'm a bit bummed, but I will find a way to eat them. Maybe I'll make them a crumble on something, since I just hate wasting the money (even on BOGO!)

But, ending on a positive note: I totally noticed a change in what I call my "spare tire" this morning in the mirror -- I've had this roll on the top of my stomach that's been bugging me FOREVER (it's not a muffin top -- it's there even if I'm naked, this stupid roll right above my belly button that I despise) but I think it's actually starting to shrink. HALLELUJAH.

Happy Wednesday!

~Terri
Old 08-31-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Amy, did you get the game going yet? I'm here at my brothers house while they are working, looking for something to do!
What is your username again? I think I'm up and running.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, I sent you a pm
Old 08-31-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Half bragging and half martyr complex post

Wow, yesterday was hard! I'm giving myself a "BIDIA AWARD" for juggling my planned dinner and evening snack to achieve my goals for a second all green day (exercise was planned day off, so it's still ALL GREEN. I had my whole day's menu planned but ran into a problem when I realized I had forgotten to log the 2 individual containers of half and half in the McDonald's coffee I got (and that's ALL I got) while running errands. It put me over in sat fat and I want to be really strict about that. Took me almost 20 minutes (not exaggerating) of analyzing and swapping out foods, and finally got the numbers in line via trial and error method. Usually it's not that hard, but I need to bring my triglycerides down further so I reduced my sat fat limit while increasing my fiber and veggies. I'll get used to it after a while, but two days in a row I had to swap my planned fresh garden tomatoes for lower carb veggies and couldn't have any of my sugar free dark chocolate. What I learned: if I want coffee, take 1/2 cup of coffee with one teaspoon of non-dairy creamer as I can afford the carbs in non-dairy creamer more than the sat fat in half & half.

Tuesday Report:

Fish oil and vitamin D YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, DAY OFF
Calorie limit still 1600 1303, 1577
Saturated fat limit 10% calories 10%, 10%
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 23.4g, 24.2g
Fiber target 30g per day 35.5g, 32.5g
Cholesterol under 300mg average 163, 299
Vegetables 6-7 servings per day 6, 6
Track protein 91g or 30%, 144g or 39%
Water 64 oz. YES, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 1, 1
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 0, 0

Last edited by Mern; 08-31-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

@Mike I stand corrected Good for you for making it a goal "just" to finish—like you said, not everyone does (and some of us don't even start! lol).

@Terri BOO for cranky BF, but I agree, a major allergy attack can be pretty miserable, poor guy! He's lucky to have someone as compassionate as you are. Hopefully today will be better (for both of y'all!) and YAY for spare tire shrinkage, that's AWESOME!!

@Mern okay, dumb newbie Q here, but what's a BIDIA award? And FWIW I think it says a LOT about your motivation and integrity that you'd spend 20 minutes rearranging your planned diet to stay within your targets—WTG!

I'm struggling with breakfast again—it's always been my very least favourite meal of the day, but I think I've found some options that 1) I'll actually eat (I know that sounds like I'm a picky eater, but I swear I'm not), 2) are healthy, and 3) don't take forever to fix, YAY!

I'll check in again later—hope everyone's having a great, goal-oriented day today! xoxo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.