Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 09-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Totally slammed this week; just been peeking in occasionally but I did want to comment that Terri, you look sensational in your dress! I'm so glad you put up a pic; it's really motivating. It does indeed look like it was made for you and you look great, girl! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Hope everyone else is doing well and ready for the weekend. Missed you guys this week .
Old 09-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, you look great in that dress. You look so happy too.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

G'morning y'all (barely)! Late check-in today, but I went and swam another 4 laps this AM, and it only took me 20 minutes this time—progress, YAY! I also did a few simple calisthenics moves for my legs (in water = resistance - impact); basically I worked to "not quite muscle failure" and called it good so I could still walk out to my car to drive home LOL totally blew past 2000 calories yesterday, though—mayonnaise is E-V-I-L, stupid high-cal pasta salad but I'm not going to drop the other 11 eggs just because I dropped one (gosh I love that quote of Cassie's!)—today's another day, and we start every one of them with a clean slate I had a peanut butter granola bar for a quick energy boost before I went to the pool; came home, showered, and had a proper breakfast (muesli again, this time with fresh nectarine chunks instead of Granny Smith apple, but I think I prefer the apple—I really like the extra crunchiness).

@Rose girl, I got tired just reading your post!! LOL your dedication is impressive and super-motivating—I'm sure if I keep working at it, someday I might be able to keep up with you {G}

@Terri look at you, rocking the retro glam vibe—LOVE it!! hope you feel as good and as happy as you look! and thanks—I tend to be my own worst critic (don't we all?), so I'm working on the "as thyself" part of the whole "love thy neighbour" thing, y'know...?

@Mike thanks! I'm glad I actually enjoy swimming, since I need low-impact exercise right now while I'm nursing this dang foot. Hope everything back home is okay, and good luck with your run this weekend!

@Hope we're just stumbling over a couple of little pebbles, girl—can't let silly little pebbles take us down, can we? {G} We can do this, let's just keep moving forward—there's a reason rear view mirrors are smaller than windscreens

@Cassie just keep swimming, just keep swimming (sorry, I've got Dory stuck in my head lol)—3-day weekend on the horizon!

I gotta get back to work, but I'll check in again later today—y'all have a fantastic Friday! xoxo
Old 09-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!!! I'm totally blushing over here.... I'm just glad I'm not the only one that thought it hit me so well! That never happens!

Cassie, we miss you too, can't wait to hear about how your week has been!

Mike - I was wondering if you'd heard about the crazy rain coming, and I hope that you don't get stuck away from home and that the flooding isn't too bad. I keep hoping it's going to track west towards Texas. They NEED that rain over there!

Quick check in -- I just got interviewed live on the air in Ireland O_O about coffee, of all things (I don't even drink coffee...) but in relation to my book and my blog on Psychology Today. It was SO NERVOUS because I didn't know it was live until about 2 minutes before the interview...but I think I did okay. Not spectacular, but ok! I was thinking of Rose and everyone else across the pond while I was there -- even though the show was in Ireland, I tried to pretend I was speaking to friends.

Last edited by taubele; 09-02-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, no do over, just fix what you can.

My race is Sunday, not Saturday. Oops
You are so right and so on target. I tend to go to extremes, neither works. Slow and steady wins the race and speaking of races, good luck in yours!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 09-02-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Hope Remember that a sudden 5 pound gain will likely leave just about as fast. I had a 3 pound one today from smoked salmon, rum and diet coke after doing well all week. I expect most of it is fluid and will be gone after a day or two back on track. Mary
I hope you're right! Smoked salmon does the same to me BTW; probably all that salt!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mommiepretty
G'morning y'all (barely)! Late check-in today, but I went and swam another 4 laps this AM, and it only took me 20 minutes this time—progress, YAY! I also did a few simple calisthenics moves for my legs (in water = resistance - impact); basically I worked to "not quite muscle failure" and called it good so I could still walk out to my car to drive home LOL totally blew past 2000 calories yesterday, though—mayonnaise is E-V-I-L, stupid high-cal pasta salad but I'm not going to drop the other 11 eggs just because I dropped one (gosh I love that quote of Cassie's!)—today's another day, and we start every one of them with a clean slate I had a peanut butter granola bar for a quick energy boost before I went to the pool; came home, showered, and had a proper breakfast (muesli again, this time with fresh nectarine chunks instead of Granny Smith apple, but I think I prefer the apple—I really like the extra crunchiness).

@Rose girl, I got tired just reading your post!! LOL your dedication is impressive and super-motivating—I'm sure if I keep working at it, someday I might be able to keep up with you {G}

@Terri look at you, rocking the retro glam vibe—LOVE it!! hope you feel as good and as happy as you look! and thanks—I tend to be my own worst critic (don't we all?), so I'm working on the "as thyself" part of the whole "love thy neighbour" thing, y'know...?

@Mike thanks! I'm glad I actually enjoy swimming, since I need low-impact exercise right now while I'm nursing this dang foot. Hope everything back home is okay, and good luck with your run this weekend!

@Hope we're just stumbling over a couple of little pebbles, girl—can't let silly little pebbles take us down, can we? {G} We can do this, let's just keep moving forward—there's a reason rear view mirrors are smaller than windscreens

@Cassie just keep swimming, just keep swimming (sorry, I've got Dory stuck in my head lol)—3-day weekend on the horizon!

I gotta get back to work, but I'll check in again later today—y'all have a fantastic Friday! xoxo
I like that about the rear view mirrors. Gotta remember that one. And not just for weight loss! You have such a good attitude!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, keep your head up, girl! I miss you on the thread!!!

Terri, it is so cool you were interviewed: I'm sure you did great. I also think it's so cool you have a blog on Psychology Today. You are so accomplished and at such a young age.

Last edited by canary52; 09-02-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Omg, I'm going to London tomorrow!!! A friend of mine invited me to get a lift into the city and I couldn't refuse. I will be going to the Tate Modern which is a dream come true. I'm telling you all, I am so excited! I just know that I will have tears in my eyes and be so inspired and regenerated by being surrounded by such amazing art. Of course I am terrified of going off my plan by being in London. I'm coming back on Sunday so hopefully I can stay in control for one freaking day. Please wish me luck, Everybody! I don't want to ruin my awesome streak!

I probably won't be able to check in with you all until Sunday! Please know that I will think of each and every one of you. Have a sensational Saturday, Motivators!!!!!!! xo

My goals:

1. Eat below 1300 calories. YES 1192/YES 1277/ NO but close-ish 1371/ YES 1273/YES 1192
2. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day. OH YES/OH WAY MORE TODAY/YES/YES/YES
3. Take my vitamins. DONE!/ DONE!/DONE!/DONE!/DONE!
4. Exercise 6 times. M: 1x/T:1X/W:1X/TH:2X (total so far: 4X
5. Balance the pie chart. Could have been better/ pretty good today/good/good/pretty good
6. Get to sleep by 11pm. YES/ YES/YES/OOPS NO, but I'm sleeping later tomorrow!/YES
7. Achieve a 7000 calorie deficit! M: 1365/ T:1381/W:1256/TH: 1542/F: 1024(total so far: 6568)

Hope, yummy your dinner party menu sounds delicious. What time should I be there? And do you want me to bring wine or dessert? I know how you feel about the weight gain... hell I gained more than that this Spring when my dog was attacked, my beach vacation was abruptly cancelled as a result, and then just when my pooch got over the mauling he had to battle cancer. You know life happens and we have to take the good with the bad. We dealt with our respective obstacles and we gained a couple of pounds in the process but it's not the end of the world. Five pounds can be lost in the same time it took to put them on. You are a champ, Hope and you have proven time and again that you can do this!

Tanya, thanks! It's nice to hear that you are motivated by my exercise routine. You know I may be a chubster but I am in pretty good shape. I can run, keep up in spin class, kick the elliptical's butt, so even though I am not at my goal weight, I feel pretty good about my physical stamina and health. Believe me I was a slovenly couch potato just a little over a year ago and I have already run in two 5k races, so if I can do it, anyone can! The best part about fitness, is the steady improvement. Look, you've already increased your laps by 4!!! You will continue to amaze yourself if you stick with it.

Cassie, it's nice to hear from you. This is a very exciting time for you! Can't wait to hear an update.

Terri, so now that you are such a hottie you are giving interviews with the media? Too bad I didn't know about this interview. I could have listened to it. I'm in the UK after all. I'm sure you did great!!! Congrats!

Mike, I will be thinking of you all day on Sunday!!! You are going to WIN that race, do you hear me? Get out there and make everyone else eat your dust!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Dress

Terri, I just have to say again that the dress is sensational and the fit is impeccable. $100 is more than worth it for a fine dress like that. When I find a dress that looks amazing on me, I don't think about the money (within reason of course, I'm not talking Prada here) because a great fitting, well made dress will last you years to come... although this one might get big on you in a few months. Oh well, you could always have it taken in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.