Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

I think it is similar to body glide. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hey kids, I just checking in. Today I'm a little off track, just finished baking a batch of pumpkin muscle muffins. I made the whole recipe, which is 2 dozen, usually I make 1/2 a batch, but one of the DD's has a friend over (and this kid EATS!). Unfortunately I over did it, we only ate 1 pan, so now the second one is staring me down. Okay, enough of that, I'm off to the gym.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

I hope I didn't miss replying to anyone that was expecting one. I'd been unale to keep up with the posts for a couple days.

Thanks to all for your kudos over my recent blood test results. I even told my doc about how this group is so wonderful in helping keep me motivated.

Rose, I'm sorry I missed your post--wasn't online yesterday. Hope you enjoyed the museum in London and found your food selections delicious and gratifying. Your last check-in report was marvelous! Way to go!

Terri, OMG you look fantastic in that dress! Really nice curves and I agree that you really do look so happy! And you certainly deserve major kudos for losing 47.4 pounds! It's so cool for me to be rubbing elbows with a scientist who gets interviewed about her book and has a blog in Psychology Today. But more than that, I'm proud of my cyberpal's accomplishments. Congrats to ya! I chuckled aloud that you get red-faced when you get a good workout from heavy cleaning--I do, too--and that's a good sign to me that I should go ahead and count it as exercise. Aw, you (and a whole bunch of other pals here) are so sweet about my juggling my food log to get better numbers. Thanks.

Mike, good luck with the race Sunday, then. We'll all be rooting for you!

Hope, I'm so sorry 'bout your back pain. Bucket brigades will do that! I can also believe that there are meds that cause big time munchies, too. Most of that weight gain has to be water and that can come off in just a couple days. Kudos on the turkey and salsd at the party!

Tanya, when I look around and see people who are obese as I am, and who don't exercise or eat right, they almost always are people who are not happy and can't find the motivation to do anything except go to the doctor and take prescription meds. I know some people's health issues require meds--I just don't do meds if there's another way because so many of the meds can have side effects I'm not willing risk. Yeah, that's how I consider my new doc--she is my PARTNER in my journey to wellness. Oh, my goodness, I'm so glad you decided to quit beating yourself up so much for what you've been doing wrong or not doing at all. My doc told me in June, "you don't have to be perfect, just be better than you USED to be." Yeah, give yourself credit for all the things you do right, and if you do mess up, just put it behind you and start over ASAP. Oh, and thanks for sharing your story about how you went from being a financial planner and analyst to being an editor. It's great and I'm guessing very satisfying that you have such a wide scope of experience.

Last edited by Mern; 09-03-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

I'm just checking in again. I will probably be off-line for the next couple of days. Our anniversary is Monday, but the kids are going to my parents house overnight so we can celebrate. Anyway good luck to everyone, but especially Mike on his race.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks girls for the well wishes on the race. I went for a 2 mile was today and it was rough. I have to remember to swallow my pride and start off super slow. Once again, my goal is 3 hours & 16 minutes. That works out to 4mph (15 minute mile). After my slow and painful 2 miles today, I'd be ecstatic with that.

I was thinking today that it would be cool if I had a FitDay shirt to wear. I guess it's a little to late to worry about that now. Maybe next time. I think it would be great advertisement, considering that the Rock & Roll series races usually have 20,000 runners. I think when I get back home I'll get to working on a design and submit it to FD to see if. Can get a thumbs up
Old 09-03-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, happy anniversary to you and DH? You told me once, but I forgot. How many years? So nice that your parrents are keeping the girls overnight!

Mike, any news from Slidell regarding the storm? The FD T-shirt sounds like a great idea. If you sell (I HOPE they'd pay you for it) FD the design and we could order them, I'd get one. I'm not a runner, but I would think it would be better to start off slow and finish toward the end of the pack than to start out fast, poop out, and drop out. BUT just being there and entering is, in itself, something to crow about, so know that we're all very proud of you no matter what.

Last edited by Mern; 09-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern. No news from Slidell, the last I heard is that they are still getting dumped on by rain. As for the shirts, I'm just going to do a couple designs and see what they think. I wouldn't be doing it to get paid but to try to promote our site. That's not to say that I'd turn it down but that's ni my intention.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck Mike and have a great race tomorrow!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Ann, good thing I don't have 36D's.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks Ann, good thing I don't have 36D's.
I'm happy you don't either!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.