2) work out 3 times no yes
3) 1000 pushups 166, 160
4) gallon of water a day yes 169oz, yes 128oz
5) multi vitamin (daily) yes, yes
6) fish oil (daily) yes, yes
7) -2400 for the week (including my cheat) +679 -952
Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I've not got time to respond to everyone; I've read all the posts and send hugs to all who need them, and congrats to so many on such a successful day. Time-wise, today truly got away from me and the next few won't be much better. Hope you all are well and enjoying a good sleep, evening, or day (behaze, so many hours ahead, this means you!). I'm thinking of all of you even if I don't get a chance to post. Take care of yourselves .

Checking in...

1. Balance calories in and calories out (ahem, by the numbers, Mike). Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours nightly (failed miserably at this last week). No 6.5, Almost-6.75
4. Exercise 5-6 days; 2-3 outside. Weights inside tonight, Tennis outside this morning

5. One office organizational task per day. Yes, Yes-a biggie
6. Paint one room of trim IFF no tourney next weekend and/or work doesn't spill over into weekend.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

I don't seem to be able to keep up with what everyone is posting. I send lots of strength and stamina to all those who need it and wish all of you a great and successful week!

Molly

Tuesday Report Card

Fitness/ Diet goals
- up protein intake yes yes
- go running at least twice this week (at least 6 ks each) yes (if only 5 ks)
- go swimming once
- drink at least 1.5 litres of water every day!! yes no
- try to do a bit of stretching/ yoga 5 days this week yes

Non-fitness goals
- get spring cleaning done this week At least I got started...
- get some work done on my dissertation (at least do some research five times this week)
- finish at the very least one book

*One thing i know for sure is that I need to go back to logging in my food. After my run yesterday evening I returned to my flat and was greeted with my boyfriend waving the broschure of the pizza delivery at me. Didn't take me long to gave in and order a creasy creme pizza. What the heck?! I did so great all day long!!! Had fish, a bit of rice, salad, berries as an afternoon snack... so, I need to go back to what I know works. I will start counting calories today!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Okay this morning was the first time I had that feeling that I wanted to eat just anything since starting this grain-free business. It was about an hour after I'd eaten a banana, I did not have a banana on Monday or Tuesday. Bananas are loaded with carbs, and may have to be on my "nope" list while I finish off this week. I've also not eaten potatoes, squash, peas or beans. I may have to experiment with some of those to see if they trigger it like bananas did.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Weight Goals:
1. Calories under 1600 day - already blew that with a trip to the chinese restaurant for lunch with the hubby. We do that about once a month. M(NO), T(NO)
2. Drink 80 oz water daily - M(no, 70), T(no, 70)
3. Work out M, W & F - M(no)
4. Stretches & relaxing T & T - T(no)

Non-weight goals
1. Don't let my younger son get to me - M(yes!), T(yes!)
2. Look further into foster parenting (classes start tonight) - M(yes), T(nothing to do)
3. Spring clean (including closets...off Thurs & Fri for this)
4. Outside yard work this weekend

Today is my Friday this week! I scheduled off Thurs & Fri this week for spring cleaning at home. My hubby works every other weekend and this is his work weekend so I will have four days to get it all done and hopefully some outside stuff too! I know that I will need to keep busy to avoid the munchies while I am home alone and completely accountable for myself with foods in the house that I don't eat anymore....like rainbow cookie flavored poptarts!!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

hey all, still no word about that internship, going to my co-op guy later today to see whats going on.

Turns out i'm going to get a brand new lappy to replace my old one. it's going to be free but it's going to have my old lappys warinty on it, and thats end of august this year. Can't wait till next weekend to have it.

Also bought some art books too.

Fitness Goals:

1. Drink 3 of my blue water bottle a day yes!no (only 2)
2. do my workout 6/7 days Yes!yes!
3. 10,000 steps a day yes (10,017)no 5500 apox
4. start cal counting again, limit 1900 no 2,136, no 1936 (so close)
5. no fast food yes,yes
6. (forgot to add before) go swimming once a week no, no

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. finish my current homework do to list finished one thing but it was pose to be done long agono
2. put away clean laundry done about time
3. put away dirty laundry easy once clean laundry is put away
4. clean off floor and vaccum it. picked up a few things still have some things to clean up, and still need to vaccumno
Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Mai, no, we're not really meeting for spring break. We were just joking around because some members were having cold or snowy weather where they live but where I live it was really warm but not too hot. You would have needed to have time to read all the posts over the past couple days to have caught that it was a joke.
Oh how disapointed! I thought you guys have a chance to be together.
I actually don't have a lot of time to read all of the post. I just glance very quickly every morning and night. This thread got very popular too, lots of conversations I can't catch up.
Mai
Old 03-23-2011, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday Update

Hello All!

This is my first time posting on this thread, but I really like the motivation it provides! My weekend was not great, but it could have been worse! So here are my goals for this week:

Fitness/food:

1. Do some form of exercise every day (at least 5 days of Tae Bo) - M(Yes), T (Yes)
2. Keep my calories under control (not really sure what that means, but I'm trying...) - M(Kinda...), T(Yes)
3. Eat more fruits/veggies (other than bananas) - M(Yes), T(Yes)
4. Stay under 1600 Calories for the week - M (NO), T(No...may amend this goal)

Non-Fitness/Food:

1. Do my best to make it through the work week without getting depressed about the weather (snow/slush/ick!) - so far so good
2. Get as much laundry done as possible (the pile just keeps growing!) - getting there
3. Reorganize the kids' toys and gain floor space in our living room - nope
Old 03-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker, I think it's cool that you're becoming your own experiment. It's all about figuring out what works and what doesn't. As many years as I looked for that darn "how to lose weight and keep it off" manual, it's in our own head the whole time.

yunalee, glad you can get your new laptop; free is the best! Good luck with internship; I know waiting is hard.

MollySue, glad you enjoyed the pizza! The horse is ready for you to get back on .

Mai, glad you are posting. I ran out of time, too, but it's good to read and keep up. Hope you are having a good day.

Erin, where are you that your weather is so bad?

wildbeanerz, just a thought, but have you considered not buying the stuff that tempts you? Do they seriously make rainbow flavored cookie Pop Tarts? I had a conversation with a friend the other day and she was telling me that her kids "wouldn't put up with" not having the goodies...they are 10, 6, and 3. But she is the mom and she can make the decisions. No, you can't sweep all their stuff out and go all "earth momma" and feed them sprouts for snack, but I think, and I am sure almeeker can attest, that if you make small changes over time, you can work the unhealthy stuff out of your home and replace it with better choices. Other than not having it around, my tricks for not being tempted are buying varieties/flavors I don't particularly care for or having my son or husband stash it somewhere so that I don't know where it is. Good luck...I know I always have a hard time when I am at home by myself; your plan to keep busy is a good one.

Well, I caught a bit of a break today. My 5-hour eval canceled and I replaced it with a 3-hour one, so I only have 6 hrs worth of evals today. I'm frantically trying to find something to do with the chicken I'm thawing; I will have an hour from the time I get home till we have to leave for tennis drills. I love to cook; I often dislike deciding what to cook!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-23-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

wildbeanerz, just a thought, but have you considered not buying the stuff that tempts you? Do they seriously make rainbow flavored cookie Pop Tarts? I had a conversation with a friend the other day and she was telling me that her kids "wouldn't put up with" not having the goodies...they are 10, 6, and 3. But she is the mom and she can make the decisions. No, you can't sweep all their stuff out and go all "earth momma" and feed them sprouts for snack, but I think, and I am sure almeeker can attest, that if you make small changes over time, you can work the unhealthy stuff out of your home and replace it with better choices.
YES!!! Why are so many parents afraid of their kids??? A 6 and a 3 year old making parenting decisions is frightening. I know that I have posted this before, but I slowly weeded my home of unhealthy snacks and fats over time. Now, I've actually seen my daughter come home to eat because she didn't like the deep fried menu offered somewhere else. Or blot off the top of a cheese pizza because it was "greasy" on the top. Last week, a local store was handing out individually wrapped pastries as samples. I brought one home, since my husband and daughter often take their own lunch and I thought it would be handy for one of them. My daughter packed it the next day. When she returned home, there was one bite out of it and the rest had been tossed back in the bag. When I asked her why, she said it was too "processed"... her word, not mine. All I had to do was give her the "tools" and she took it from there.

Same rant for parents that have lost the ability to say "no". (...but I'll leave that one for another day! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.