Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-22-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey, I hear ya! I can always think of something worse I could have eaten. That reminds me, one time when my daughter was 3 1/2 I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she replied, "pork & beans and marshmallows." LOL

I love homemade soup--beef and barley sounds great. That was my fave when I was a kid--but it was Campbell's because my Mom never made homemade. Being pro-active as you are hopefully will keep the hip replacement operation at bay for quite a while. Stretching feels so good.

Last edited by Mern; 03-22-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I’ve heard you’ve gotta be pretty clever with your maths to be a musical genius, so maybe you and your dad and your family are just two different shapes cut from the same cloth. Is it classical instruments your family plays, or have you got some rockers happening?

Karen, I’m so sorry about your dad. Take care of yourself. You’re in my thoughts.

Rose, I’m so pleased Chico is doing well!

Yunalee, still hoping you’re going to get some good news soon!

Stacey, the worst part of camping is putting everything away. Especially if the tents get muddy and you have to wash everything before putting it away. So I feel for you, and say congratulations on getting everything stored away again. When we go camping (I know this wasn’t a ‘holiday’ for you), we try to go for several nights to make the hassle of putting it all away worth it!

Erinmystrom, it seems like most of us are having severe laundry issues! Hope you get it all done. Oh, and welcome!

64Rhoda, oooh, I hope everything goes perfectly for your sister! My first baby was born on my partner’s sister’s birthday and our last was born on my partner’s birthday . . . it makes for festive birthdays!

Mai, don’t fret! Your baby will be fine. She’ll find heaps of friends, even if she’s shy. Enjoy the first few years when she actually likes school!

April, I admire your ambitions. It must be tough to be a foster parent. I wish you every luck with it!

Mern, I’m glad you found out what was making you feel light headed! I guess that’s the drawback for spring . . . but you got your exercise in, so well done!

Thanks to all who gave me props for the plyo. I was dreading it all day Monday, but now I feel quite confident it will only be easier next Tuesday. Maybe no pause button?!

Yesterday, Mother Nature heeded my anti-rain dance and gave me a sunny 36 degC day (roughly 96 or 97 degF), and 78% humidity (was really expecting a storm in the evening) so I got a bunch of clothes washed, and ducked out of my nice, cool, air conditioned house into the sweltering heat to peg it on the line. Walking into air conditioning from a disgustingly hot day is probably one of the most pleasant luxuries modern civilisation has to offer.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Rose, I’m glad to hear that Chico is doing better. He sounds like a funny little guy. What is going to happen to the bully that attacked him?
I don't know what will happen to the bully who attacked Chico. The woman who was dog sitting him when the attack happened said that the dog had never ever been mean before. I find that hard to believe. I am hoping that the dog's owners will help me out with the vet bills that are now $630.00. This was awful timing for me since I am taking a month off and as a freelancer that is a month without pay.

I am not sure how to pursue this...
Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness Goals:

1. Keep up the water intake to 10 cups. Yes, Yes
2. Put every effort into my workouts. Yes, Yes
3. Take a multi-vitamin every day. Yes, No (oops!)

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. Start giving the house a thorough clean (one room per day). Ensuite done, Main bathroom, vanity and toilet done,
2. Perform an anti-rain dance and get the rest of the washing cleaned and dried. Dance not successful, but two loads done. Got heaps done . . . still heaps to go (who'd have thought we had so many clothes?!)
3. Get the lawnmower fixed and start on the jungle . . . I mean, 'lawn' again. No. No.
4. Convince my partner to remove the boxes of Christmas decorations from the laundry and store them in his workshop. No (this one will be a challenge), No.

We've decided we need to put some more carbs in our diet . . . several times last week, we were so utterly drained we were walking like zombies. Yesterday, after the disgustingly hot weather and my partner spending all day right in it putting a roof on a house, he came home almost asleep and so dog-tired, yet after an english muffin with some honey on it, he had enough energy to stay up and talk with me on the verandah after the boys went to bed. So I shall have an english muffin with my scrambled eggs (omelets? No, I don't do omelets. I do scrambled eggs . . . ) this morning. Yum!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

behaze thanks! I'm really glad that Chico is doing better too. Wow, 36 degrees!!! That is hot... believe or not here in Canada we have heat waves like that in the summertime and you're right walking into the air conditioning from that heat is luxurious!

Rhoda, CONGRATS on becoming and auntie and on losing another pound!

Stacey, no I am not having an easy time of it. I'm just trying not to get too grumpy about it.

Almeeker, very interesting that your cravings disappeared when you stopped eating grain-based carbs. It's just so hard to give them up completely though! Do you think it is something you can incorporate into your daily life on a regular basis?

April, I think it is absolutely wonderful that you are going to be a foster parent. I recently attended an information session about fostering as well. I am seriously considering it too.

Mern, it sounds like you will have a full house! I hope you can handle all of us and thanks for the well wishes. Chico is curled up next to me on the couch and he's snoring. I love my little guy.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

I'm thinking that it may be hard for me to go so low on carbs on the days that I work out. I'm already at 61.8g (net) and still have dinner, a snack and my post workout shake to go. I usually eat a piece of fruit after I workout to restore my glycogen but can't today. The bulk of my carbs came from 1/2 a serving of oatmeal (yes, a HALF), 1 medium apple, and 1 low carb wrap.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl

Mern, it sounds like you will have a full house! I hope you can handle all of us and thanks for the well wishes. Chico is curled up next to me on the couch and he's snoring. I love my little guy.
Are you really meet up for Spring break? Sound fun!!!
Mai
Old 03-22-2011, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Almeeker, very interesting that your cravings disappeared when you stopped eating grain-based carbs. It's just so hard to give them up completely though! Do you think it is something you can incorporate into your daily life on a regular basis?
At the moment I'm on day 2 of being grain-free with very few to no cravings for anything. The odd part is that AF is due in a week, so normally I would be nibbling the house down, or at least wanting to. I've felt hunger at the appropriate times, but not that insatiable "I've got to eat something right now or die" feeling. At some point I'm sure I'll be eating grains again, but I'm thinking that when I need to drop a few pounds here and there to maintain, I will automatically go grain free.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card:

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Keep calories to 1,400 M-T-W-T-Sat, 1,650 F-Sun. 1,546, 1,372
2. No grain based carbs for the entire week, including corn! Success, Success
3. Exercise 6 hours. 48 min, 48 min (total 1:36)
4. 96 oz water. YES, YES
5. Carbs under 45%. 34%, 43%
6. Protein over 40%. 44%, 40%

Other Stuff

7. Call SIL and find another race, 5/14/11 is not going to work out. NO, NO
8. Clean 2 rooms (15 min each) + 1 load of laundry. NO, YES and caught up for yesterday as well.
9. Figure out basement shelving layout. NO, NO
10. Write library proposal. NO, NO
11. Work on church design 2 hours (or more). NO, NO

Last edited by almeeker; 03-22-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Bhaze, thanks for your kind words. Good luck with that plyo. Whew, it surely is hot there! You can keep that kind of weather! Intersting how people are so different. I get my energy from protein instead of from carbs. But variety is what makes the world go around. Surely would be boring if we were all the same.

Rose, I hope the owners of the dog who attacked Chico will volunteer to help you with the bills. It certainly would be the right thing to do.
Good company, wine, cake--what more could a girl want for Girls Spring Break Week. Mike is welcome, too, if he brings some peanut butter. LOL

Mike, I have no doubt you'll figure out your carb balance. It just takes practice and learning through trial and error of what works best for your needs.

Mai, no, we're not really meeting for spring break. We were just joking around because some members were having cold or snowy weather where they live but where I live it was really warm but not too hot. You would have needed to have time to read all the posts over the past couple days to have caught that it was a joke.

Almeeker! Way to go on your Tuesday food and fitness goal achievements!

My Tuesday report:
--Calorie limit 1600, actual 1911 and it was no accident. The leftover chicken cutlet breaded in pork rinds and fried in olive oil was calling my name. Since I did so well on carbs and protein today, I'm hoping that will wash away the extra calories.
--Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual only 13.8g
--Protein target 120g, actual 144.2g
--Omega3 easily gotten in and is becoming just routine. I may drop this part of my daily report.
No sugar free candy or low carb tortillas or soft tacos today

Water target 64 oz., actual maybe 40 oz.

Exercise: 2 miles aerobic walking DVD

Last edited by Mern; 03-22-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.