April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 AM
  #361  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Default

I'm in I was 212 on Saturday so that means 191 by April fools day
Lefthookgolf is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 AM
  #362  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by Lefthookgolf View Post
I'm in I was 212 on Saturday so that means 191 by April fools day
Welcome to the challenge. That's an average of 3.5 pounds a week. It can be done, but you'll have to work it hard! If you haven't already, post your info in the Challenge Checkin thread.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
  #363  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Hello Everyone!

This past week I worked out really hard- i ran 1.7 on sunday, started jumproping, and did ab work this week too- i stayed close to 1,600 cals...not toooo shabby.

I tend to check in every monday with my weightloss however yesterday morning i was VERY ILL. Went to bed sunday night and told my boyfriend i "felt off, like i may vomit..". Then at 2am the vomiting started and went until 1pm ...it was a not so great valentines day for me and my boyfriend. ek!

Anywho- Monday morning i weighed myself bright and early and the scale read 191.2 which seems accurate to me...then this morning i weighed 188.6 which is because i ate nothing yesterday...could barely consume 4 glasses of water..So i am going to stick with the 191.2 number as i feel that is most accurate. The 188.6 is nice but i do not think it will stick...sadly.

Other than that everything is going OK, feeling better...despite the fact valentines day was a bust!

This week: working out will be a challenge because i am very busy with work- however i'll get a few in, and i am going away on a ski trip which will help, i plan to stay around 1,400 cals this week because i can not work out as much this week...and drink LOTS of water as always...

How was everyone elses?
kcolville is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
  #364  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
Hello Everyone!

This past week I worked out really hard- i ran 1.7 on sunday, started jumproping, and did ab work this week too- i stayed close to 1,600 cals...not toooo shabby.

I tend to check in every monday with my weightloss however yesterday morning i was VERY ILL. Went to bed sunday night and told my boyfriend i "felt off, like i may vomit..". Then at 2am the vomiting started and went until 1pm ...it was a not so great valentines day for me and my boyfriend. ek!

Anywho- Monday morning i weighed myself bright and early and the scale read 191.2 which seems accurate to me...then this morning i weighed 188.6 which is because i ate nothing yesterday...could barely consume 4 glasses of water..So i am going to stick with the 191.2 number as i feel that is most accurate. The 188.6 is nice but i do not think it will stick...sadly.

Other than that everything is going OK, feeling better...despite the fact valentines day was a bust!

This week: working out will be a challenge because i am very busy with work- however i'll get a few in, and i am going away on a ski trip which will help, i plan to stay around 1,400 cals this week because i can not work out as much this week...and drink LOTS of water as always...

How was everyone elses?
Kaitlin--sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you're feeling better. Saw your post in the check in thread and was going to say that you'll be right into the "80s" pretty soon--how exciting!

I'm trying to fit in extra exercise this week as I'll be spending five days at camp next week. I plan to do my best there, but it will be a challenge. There is in excess of 4 feet of snow up there, so we'll be burning some cals getting the place shoveled out, bringing in wood and so forth.

Have a great week--that ski trip sounds like fun!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 02:03 PM
  #365  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Kaitlin--sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you're feeling better. Saw your post in the check in thread and was going to say that you'll be right into the "80s" pretty soon--how exciting!

I'm trying to fit in extra exercise this week as I'll be spending five days at camp next week. I plan to do my best there, but it will be a challenge. There is in excess of 4 feet of snow up there, so we'll be burning some cals getting the place shoveled out, bringing in wood and so forth.

Have a great week--that ski trip sounds like fun!

Regards,
Michael

When do you leave for camp? what type of things do you do there?

and yes- soon i'll be officially in the 180's- it is crazy! a few years ago...i lost a bunch of weight and got to 199 and i remember thinking "this is the skinniest i've been in a long time..."..NOW LOOK AT ME!
kcolville is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 PM
  #366  
FitDay Member
 
Albie@round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake County Illinois
Posts: 72
Default Late to join, but a success story to share

To Michael and all other Fitdenizens here..... I am late to join the challenge but I will share my success story anyway...I hope everybody here finds their personal mojo!

On 12/18/2010, I weighed 213 lbs so 10% of that figure is 21.3 lbs which made my target weight 191.7 lbs
Looking back on my log I can see that I hit that target weight (191.7 lbs) on February 9th, 2011.
I weighed in that day at 190.2 lbs., so it took me 54 days to achieve the 10% weight loss goal.

As of this morning, February 15th, I am sub 187 lbs and continuing nicely toward my program destination. I have stepped up my walking regimen and it is definitely paying off. I feel healthy and alive and I have a much better attitude about things and I feel so much better able to cope with and take on the vicissitudes of life. I am thankful and happy to be a member of this great FitDay group and I hope that my effort contributes a good vibe to all. Everyone here is so supportive and their success is so inspirational.

My best to everyone. Peace out and rock on! -------Albie

-----
Albie@round is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 03:38 PM
  #367  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
To Michael and all other Fitdenizens here..... I am late to join the challenge but I will share my success story anyway...I hope everybody here finds their personal mojo!

On 12/18/2010, I weighed 213 lbs so 10% of that figure is 21.3 lbs which made my target weight 191.7 lbs
Looking back on my log I can see that I hit that target weight (191.7 lbs) on February 9th, 2011.
I weighed in that day at 190.2 lbs., so it took me 54 days to achieve the 10% weight loss goal.

As of this morning, February 15th, I am sub 187 lbs and continuing nicely toward my program destination. I have stepped up my walking regimen and it is definitely paying off. I feel healthy and alive and I have a much better attitude about things and I feel so much better able to cope with and take on the vicissitudes of life. I am thankful and happy to be a member of this great FitDay group and I hope that my effort contributes a good vibe to all. Everyone here is so supportive and their success is so inspirational.

-----

WOW! COGRATS! I bet it feels great!
kcolville is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 06:18 PM
  #368  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
When do you leave for camp? what type of things do you do there?

and yes- soon i'll be officially in the 180's- it is crazy! a few years ago...i lost a bunch of weight and got to 199 and i remember thinking "this is the skinniest i've been in a long time..."..NOW LOOK AT ME!
We're supposed to leave around 7 am Tuesday morning--that puts us there at around 10 am. We'll have to use the snowmobile to get in and bring in all the supplies. We'll get the wood stove started and all the gas lights on to help get the place warmed up--it's pretty tight but will take all day to get up from 0F (or below).

Then we've got to dig out the shower and pack down a path to the outhouse (brrrrrr!). Get the genny running and fill the water tank, bring in wood, lots to do.

I believe the plan is to get a pot roast into the big gas oven right off as that also helps heat the place up.

The camp is out in the woods so it is very peaceful. We do all kinds of things, from drinking beer to spiritual discussion/meditation. Reading, playing cards, hiking (snowshoeing this time of year), some entertaining, eating good food (while now keeping it somewhat moderate), and just plain relaxing. It's really a good time.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be extra good this week as I know there will be days at camp I keep my calorie intake equal to my burn, at best.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 PM
  #369  
FitDay Member
 
MAIN80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Hi all,
Kaitlin hope you are feeling better, sorry your Valentine's was not as expected. Hope the rest of the week goes well.
Albie, those are excellent results! You have completed the challenge!
Michael have a great time at camp! I'm sure you will manage a good balance.
MAIN80 is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:13 PM
  #370  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
To Michael and all other Fitdenizens here..... I am late to join the challenge but I will share my success story anyway...I hope everybody here finds their personal mojo!

On 12/18/2010, I weighed 213 lbs so 10% of that figure is 21.3 lbs which made my target weight 191.7 lbs
Looking back on my log I can see that I hit that target weight (191.7 lbs) on February 9th, 2011.
I weighed in that day at 190.2 lbs., so it took me 54 days to achieve the 10% weight loss goal.

As of this morning, February 15th, I am sub 187 lbs and continuing nicely toward my program destination. I have stepped up my walking regimen and it is definitely paying off. I feel healthy and alive and I have a much better attitude about things and I feel so much better able to cope with and take on the vicissitudes of life. I am thankful and happy to be a member of this great FitDay group and I hope that my effort contributes a good vibe to all. Everyone here is so supportive and their success is so inspirational.

My best to everyone. Peace out and rock on! -------Albie

-----
Albie, you've done wonderfully!

I can't wait to join you in the "under 200" club. It'll be a while, but I'll get there.

I agree about the walking--I've upped my work-day lunch time walk to a full 1.5 miles in 30 min or less (on icy sidewalks wearing winter boots, this give me a really good workout) and I've noticed the avg. weekly loss going up a bit. I've also recommitted to drinking at least 3 liters of water during my work day, and at least another liter at home which also helps.

Keep up the good work and let us know how it's going.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.