Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-23-2011, 05:05 PM
FitDay Member

This sounds amazing. I am a whole 20 days late from first check-in, but I would definitely like to join this challenge. I've been going through the hardest time of my life and it threw me off of my goals. But, I am a healing, currently in school, and am determined to do this- 20 days late and all.

It just took me to almost weigh in at 200lb to get there.

Current Weight: 199.8 lb
April Fool's Goal: 179.8 lb
Long Term Goal: 140 lb

I've got 2 months... I may not make, but I sure am gonna try.

Chyna
Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ChynaFox
This sounds amazing. I am a whole 20 days late from first check-in, but I would definitely like to join this challenge. I've been going through the hardest time of my life and it threw me off of my goals. But, I am a healing, currently in school, and am determined to do this- 20 days late and all.

It just took me to almost weigh in at 200lb to get there.

Current Weight: 199.8 lb
April Fool's Goal: 179.8 lb
Long Term Goal: 140 lb

I've got 2 months... I may not make, but I sure am gonna try.

Chyna
Chyna, I bet you can do it! That's "only" 2.5 lbs. a week. Now that's a little above the suggested "safe" rate of 1 to 2 lbs. a week so don't get too dissapointed if it doesn't quite happen (but I really think it can).

Now, once we all make the 4/1 goal, we'll be taking sign-ups for the Fourth of July 10% Challenge, so keep that in mind.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-23-2011, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Kaitlin, yes, and thanks! Was very pleased w/the weigh in--I feel more confident about making the 4/1 goal--only 11 weeks left.

Now, if I make 270 by 4/1 I wonder if I can get down to 250 by my BD on 5/25? That would be a great 47th BD gift.

I have big plans for out-of-doors activities come spring so I'm hoping the extra exercise will make up for my lighter body's reduced calorie burn.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael

PS I see you've only got 12 pounds to go--I think you'll make goal as well!

Michael, That would be a great birthday gift to yourself! I know you can do it! As i was turning on my computer to check fitday yesterday i thought about you and hoped you would reach your 80's goal! and you did!

WEEKLY CHECK IN:
I am down 2.8 pounds. 192.6 to 189.8 It was weird actually because i only went to the gym three time this week- usually go 5! Instead of cardio i really focused on strength training (abs and arms). PHEW! I AM SORE TODAY! I think I am going to go with this method from now on- it seemed to really work for me this week. Cardio three times a week and some type of strength training everyday...As far as caloric intake this week I focused on the fact that this "is not a diet- it is a lifestyle change..." which really helped. I ate chinease food on friday- ate half portion and was fine. It felt almost like i was cheating but i can't deprive myself of everything or else this will never work. I kept reminded myself "you are fine and you aren't cheating"...

This weeks goals:
Keep drinking that water
Keep to workout plan
Organize craft room
Get down to 188

Good luck this week everyone! Look forward to everyone's stories
Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChynaFox
I've been going through the hardest time of my life and it threw me off of my goals. But, I am a healing, currently in school, and am determined to do this- 20 days late and all.
This is the greatest thing you can do for yourself, and you're going to be amazed at how it reverberates positively through aspects of your life beyond your body. Good luck with your goal! We'll be here to support you.

Matt
Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael and Matt. I got up early just to ride my bike to school. Let's do it!

Chyna
Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
I am down 2.8 pounds. 192.6 to 189.8
Yee Haw! You're right into the "8s" as well (well, we're 100 lbs apart, but that's OK). Congrats and keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-24-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Yee Haw! You're right into the "8s" as well (well, we're 100 lbs apart, but that's OK). Congrats and keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
I haven't seen the 8's since my middle/highschool days..it is unreal to me. When i was writing in my journal and on fitday i kept thinking wait- am i 198 or 189?! haha i need to keep believing in myself because i know i can accomplish this!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Now, once we all make the 4/1 goal, we'll be taking sign-ups for the Fourth of July 10% Challenge, so keep that in mind.
I already can't wait. My birthday is actually July 2nd. I'd love to be several pounds lighter by then, maybe even break 300. BUT lets take this one step at a time. I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hello to all,

I have decided to weigh in on Mondays, that will keep me in check on the weekends, at least I would like to think that. I am quite happy with 4 pounds in 10 days.
Congratulations on some great losses this past week, looks like some are getting very close to the goal
I am sticking to a 1200 cal/day this week and hopefully will manage a little more
calorie burning by walking my dog, which I hadn't done in months but did this morning.

I may not write a lot, but it is always encouraging to come here and read everyone's progress.

Have a great week.

Melissa
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Hello to all,

I have decided to weigh in on Mondays, that will keep me in check on the weekends, at least I would like to think that. I am quite happy with 4 pounds in 10 days.
Congratulations on some great losses this past week, looks like some are getting very close to the goal
I am sticking to a 1200 cal/day this week and hopefully will manage a little more
calorie burning by walking my dog, which I hadn't done in months but did this morning.

I may not write a lot, but it is always encouraging to come here and read everyone's progress.

Have a great week.

Melissa
Melissa, four pounds in 10 day is awesome! Great idea taking doggie out for a walk--both of you will benefit.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.