April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM
  #341  
FitDay Member
 
rainbow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
I agree--gains are worrisome--I've seen them a few times, usually after a trip to camp. But, they are only temporary.
I usually lose weight at camp.

My day at camp starts at 6 am with a cold shower because the water does not flow well to the camp showers. Then comes coffee and devotions with the other leaders. Then we wake up our campers for a devotion time with them. But from 8 am to 2 pm it is not stop movement.
Along with pushing water to the kids, I am taking it in is huge amounts because of the heat. Meals are healthy in general and limited.
Then the activity level picks up again at 5 pm and goes steady till 10 pm, except on the nights when the leaders meet after lights out and for the midnight volley ball game with the leaders against the senior campers.

I am so hesitant on this whole thing right now. I have to be at least down to 275 lbs to handle a week of this.

I forgot that from 2-5 pm, waterfront duty is a huge exercise. Hold the canoe, untie the canoe, hold the kayak, retie the kayak, repeat for all 10 boats and kayaks at least 10 times each.

Last edited by rainbow24; 02-09-2011 at 05:34 PM.
rainbow24 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
  #342  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by rainbow24 View Post
I usually lose weight at camp.

My day at camp starts at 6 am with a cold shower because the water does not flow well to the camp showers. Then comes coffee and devotions with the other leaders. Then we wake up our campers for a devotion time with them. But from 8 am to 2 pm it is not stop movement.
Along with pushing water to the kids, I am taking it in is huge amounts because of the heat. Meals are healthy in general and limited.
Then the activity level picks up again at 5 pm and goes steady till 10 pm, except on the nights when the leaders meet after lights out and for the midnight volley ball game with the leaders against the senior campers.

I am so hesitant on this whole thing right now. I have to be at least down to 275 lbs to handle a week of this.
That sounds like quite a workout. There likely won't be a lot of sweat created at camp this time--it will probably be from 0F to -30F, at least at night (a rather frigid trip to the outhouse, if one needs to visit in the night!). There is a nice, hot shower, though.

I'll probably bring my snowshoes--that will burn some cals.

Now, you've still got some work to do to get ready your camp. I know you can do it!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
  #343  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aurora, Nebraska
Posts: 13
Default

So I set myself a 10 % goal for April 1 and then I set myself a realistic goal. I will try very hard for the 10 %, but it doesn't seem very healthy. SOOO, I will be happy either way! No matter what, I am doing better than I ever have before as far as the commitment goes!! I might even put a pillow and blanket beside my treadmill. HA HA.
ferndills is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 PM
  #344  
FitDay Premium Member
Thread Starter
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by ferndills View Post
So I set myself a 10 % goal for April 1 and then I set myself a realistic goal. I will try very hard for the 10 %, but it doesn't seem very healthy. SOOO, I will be happy either way! No matter what, I am doing better than I ever have before as far as the commitment goes!! I might even put a pillow and blanket beside my treadmill. HA HA.
Most of us started this challenge around 01/01.

Why don't you go with 10% from then? Using your 01/04 figure would make 333 your 04/01 goal. That's less than four pounds a week from where you are now.

But, of course, it's up to you. I do plan to have a Fourth of July 10% challenge staring on 04/01 when this one ends.

Regards,
Michael

PS I agree--you seem to be sticking with it--it sure is great when that happens!

Last edited by mecompco; 02-09-2011 at 10:21 PM.
mecompco is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 PM
  #345  
FitDay Member
 
MunaAmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 225
Default

Originally Posted by rainbow24 View Post
I usually lose weight at camp.

Then comes coffee and devotions with the other leaders. Then we wake up our campers for a devotion time with them.
I love the way people in America mention religious activity as part of their everyday routine, and how cool it looks. Here in Europe most people don't believe in God, and those who do are not really talking about it much, unless they are in their church group or other safe enviroment.
MunaAmin is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM
  #346  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by MunaAmin View Post
I love the way people in America mention religious activity as part of their everyday routine, and how cool it looks. Here in Europe most people don't believe in God, and those who do are not really talking about it much, unless they are in their church group or other safe enviroment.
I've never thought about that. It is probably something I really take for granted!
Twinnermommy is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
  #347  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 90
Default

I won't be joining the July 4th challenge. Assuming I make the 10% in April then that's where I want to be.

I second the appreciation of the matter-of-fact way you US folks talk about devotions. The fact that I'm athiest doesn't take away my appreciation of seeing people displaying faith in their daily lives.
Geoffers is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM
  #348  
FitDay Member
 
almeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,742
Default

Originally Posted by MunaAmin View Post
I love the way people in America mention religious activity as part of their everyday routine, and how cool it looks. Here in Europe most people don't believe in God, and those who do are not really talking about it much, unless they are in their church group or other safe enviroment.
I think that probably depends on where you are in Europe. The last time we went across the pond we stayed in Italy and religion was everywhere you could look and everything you could hear. Germany was similar.
almeeker is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
  #349  
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

IT IS ALMOST FRIDAY!!!

How is everyone doing- ready to go strong through the weekend? Anyone have good plans?

I plan on laying low (spending minimal money) and watching some good flicks, working out, and doing some chores around the casa! I am super excited that my monday weigh in is going to be here soon- i just want this weight to get off of me asap!

you?
kcolville is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 PM
  #350  
FitDay Member
 
rainbow24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 676
Default

Originally Posted by MunaAmin View Post
I love the way people in America mention religious activity as part of their everyday routine, and how cool it looks. Here in Europe most people don't believe in God, and those who do are not really talking about it much, unless they are in their church group or other safe enviroment.
The natural tendency is to talk about what is foremost in your life and my core beliefs should be first. Unfortunately I have been allowing other things into that top slot way too often.

I would like to mention that although I am from North America, I consider myself wholly Canadian. When I cross the border, I feel like I am in a foriegn country. LOL
rainbow24 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.