Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Well, a little late but I would like to join the challenge. I joined fit day this week and have been keeping track of all my food. I am currently 175 which means 17.5 pounds to lose by Aprils Fools Day, seems like perfect challenge since I have a wedding to go to that weekend
Old 01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Well, a little late but I would like to join the challenge. I joined fit day this week and have been keeping track of all my food. I am currently 175 which means 17.5 pounds to lose by Aprils Fools Day, seems like perfect challenge since I have a wedding to go to that weekend
Welcome to the challenge. There's still time to lose 17.5, so go for it. Don't forget to log your progress in the Check-in thread if you haven't already.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin -
Happens to the best of us. Many of us got off-track over the holidays and are struggling to get back in control. It really is better to lose weight gradually and enjoy your favorite foods along the way, than to deprive yourself. Be nice to yourself. Get a good night's sleep.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hmmm, I'd like to take up this challenge.
My 10 % would be to lose 20 lbs by April 1st. My fitness goal is to do a mini triathlon at the end of May. These two challenges should keep be busy for a few months! Looking forward to the journey

Slow, steady, strong...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jimmidy
Hmmm, I'd like to take up this challenge.
My 10 % would be to lose 20 lbs by April 1st. My fitness goal is to do a mini triathlon at the end of May. These two challenges should keep be busy for a few months! Looking forward to the journey

Slow, steady, strong...
Welcome to the challenge. A triathlon--wow! A great goal. Post up in the Check in thread when you like and don't lose sight of the prize.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-14-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mecompco, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm off to bootcamp this morning. I signed up through our parks and rec and find once I've paid the money it's much harder to say "tomorrow". Unlike the gym, if I don't go when the class is on, tough luck for me.

Have a great day and enjoy the journey

Slow, steady, strong...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like I managed a loss even though it was quite small. Now I have to get all the cough syrup and Halls out of my system and get back to it.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome new members hopefully we'll all be successful or at least near our goals.
I saw my numbers today and if I reach my goal, I will be 1.5 BMI points away from normal weight range! I haven't been slim since I was 18 ( I got married then and you know how it is.... it's no longer PB&J sandwich for dinner once you have a husband, and pounds just hop on and stay, and 3 pregnancies on top of that) now, for the first time in my life I'm seriously losing weight, and it's so exciting
Thank you all for being here and for all that support. And thanks Michael for setting up this challenge.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Look at the Check-in list--some impressive losses going on!

Let's all keep it up--we're halfway through January, gotta keep the momentum going.

Muna, you're welcome--I love the 10% idea--not too much to contemplate, but more than enough to matter.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-15-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good morning all--some of us have a long weekend--let's enjoy it and make healthy choices--get outside and do something if it's not too cold in your neck of the woods!

Had a 2lbs. loss this week--was hoping for more, but it is what it is. I know I could cut calories some more, but I suppose 2lb or so a week isn't bad after being on plan for nine months. And if the plan is still working, I guess I won't mess with it. Slow and steady wins the "race", as some wise guy once said.

I'm very, very impressed by many of our challenge participants--great job guys and gals! I see we've had some jump down a "century"--always a little thrill when you go from the "4s" to the "3s" (or "2s" or "1s")!

Keep up the good work and be healthy!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.