April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
In order to kick this horrible plateau I bought a new workout video from Bob Harper, I think it's called "The Inside Out Method" or some such. I've never really watched a whole episode of Biggest Loser, but I know he's from that show. HOLY WAHHHH!!! I totally did not know what I was getting myself into. Okay I'm in decent shape I work out almost every day, and I really push it. I worked out regularly at 244.6 pounds, so even then I was fitfat, if you know what I mean. All I can say about the Bob Harper "Inside Out" DVD is that I kept up almost as well as all the skinny in shape folks behind him in the video (who I might add are probably 1/2 my age), except that I had to stop it 1/2 way through for more water, and I totally could not do all the bent arm side planks in the end. I have never watched a workout video where the people in the video couldn't keep up before, that was sort of refreshing really. So needless to say I'm sitting here trying to cool down and I'm covered head to toe in sweat and starting to shiver since it's like a whole 3 degrees outside. Bob Harper busted my butt, but good this morning. And you know what was really funny? I kept thinking the whole time I was swearing at him under my breath, that he must have been a really energetic pain in the ass as a kid. Can you say AD/HD?
HAHAHA- yeah that is funny! Good for you- keeping up and all!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the new people in the challenge, and good luck!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

We're rapidly approaching the half way point in the challenge, and I'm starting to feel like it's going to be tight. Maybe it's posting a couple of 2lb weeks in a row. My eating has been all over the place the last couple of weeks, and while I've been within my calorie goals, and some days well under, I notice that I've relied more recently on convenience food-wise, haven't paid as much attention to my water intake, and haven't paid as much attention to eating as regularly as I'd like.

Time to get back to basics, I think. Back my oatmeal in the morning, back to my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack, back to a minimum of 160 oz of water, and preparing a nutritious and delicious dinner.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with any loss, and 2lbs a week is just fine. But knowing that I can easily, happily, and healthily do the things that made me feel the healthiest, it's time to see how those "better" choices will affect my loss.

Have a happy and healthy week everyone!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
We're rapidly approaching the half way point in the challenge, and I'm starting to feel like it's going to be tight. Maybe it's posting a couple of 2lb weeks in a row. My eating has been all over the place the last couple of weeks, and while I've been within my calorie goals, and some days well under, I notice that I've relied more recently on convenience food-wise, haven't paid as much attention to my water intake, and haven't paid as much attention to eating as regularly as I'd like.

Time to get back to basics, I think. Back my oatmeal in the morning, back to my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack, back to a minimum of 160 oz of water, and preparing a nutritious and delicious dinner.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with any loss, and 2lbs a week is just fine. But knowing that I can easily, happily, and healthily do the things that made me feel the healthiest, it's time to see how those "better" choices will affect my loss.

Yes, time is flying by! It's time for us all to evaluate how we're doing and if neccessary, double down, man (or women) up, and git-r-done!

Spring will be here before we know it and it'll be awesome to greet April 10% lighter than we were at the end of 2010.

It's so easy to let your calories creep--start weighing/measuring portions by "eye ball" for a while, eat out a few more times and the weight loss can slow right up (or worse).

Weight loss is funny--a few "slow" weeks of 2 lbs, then a big 5lbs week, then back to 1 or 2 lbs and so one (at least for me). I try not to place too much emphasis on the weekly weigh-in as it is the average that is important.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 12:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
In order to kick this horrible plateau I bought a new workout video from Bob Harper, I think it's called "The Inside Out Method" or some such. I've never really watched a whole episode of Biggest Loser, but I know he's from that show. HOLY WAHHHH!!! I totally did not know what I was getting myself into. Okay I'm in decent shape I work out almost every day, and I really push it. I worked out regularly at 244.6 pounds, so even then I was fitfat, if you know what I mean. All I can say about the Bob Harper "Inside Out" DVD is that I kept up almost as well as all the skinny in shape folks behind him in the video (who I might add are probably 1/2 my age), except that I had to stop it 1/2 way through for more water, and I totally could not do all the bent arm side planks in the end. I have never watched a workout video where the people in the video couldn't keep up before, that was sort of refreshing really. So needless to say I'm sitting here trying to cool down and I'm covered head to toe in sweat and starting to shiver since it's like a whole 3 degrees outside. Bob Harper busted my butt, but good this morning. And you know what was really funny? I kept thinking the whole time I was swearing at him under my breath, that he must have been a really energetic pain in the ass as a kid. Can you say AD/HD?
I've never seen Bob Harper in action, but it sounds like a kick-butt workout! If that doesn't break that plateau I don't know what will.

3 degrees isn't too bad for walking outside. It was -14F here this morning. I really like it around 10 to 15 above for my walk--I work up less of a sweat (it was up around 32F yesterday and I was just soaked by the time I got back to work ). Since I moved up to a full 1.5 miles I really need to keep moving to make my time frame, plus walking in snow really gives the legs a workout--sort of like trying to walk on sand.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Yes, time is flying by! It's time for us all to evaluate how we're doing and if neccessary, double down, man (or women) up, and git-r-done!

Spring will be here before we know it and it'll be awesome to greet April 10% lighter than we were at the end of 2010.

It's so easy to let your calories creep--start weighing/measuring portions by "eye ball" for a while, eat out a few more times and the weight loss can slow right up (or worse).

Weight loss is funny--a few "slow" weeks of 2 lbs, then a big 5lbs week, then back to 1 or 2 lbs and so one (at least for me). I try not to place too much emphasis on the weekly weigh-in as it is the average that is important.

Regards,
Michael
You're so right, Michael. There's a weird element of this that has been so easy that I may have tricked myself to think I don't have to be as diligent. I do weigh many things because I don't trust my eye, but I stopped religiously weighing everything.

Like I said, back to basics. I feel pretty sure the extra attention will bring results.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown

160 oz of water a day is way impressive!

I thought your post was interesting though: that when we are restricting and pushing ourselves, that we are actually more happy then when we are giving into whatever we want. At least for me, even if I don't lose any weight over a week, I feel better if I know I was putting my health first.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

Fortnightly check in.
The weight hasn't changed much (in fact it's gone up a pound) ,but there's another percentage point off my body fat, which brings me below 20%!

I've had a cold this week and been a bit indulgent as a consequence, so this result is a bit better than I'd anticipated
Old 02-04-2011, 10:24 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
Fortnightly check in.
The weight hasn't changed much (in fact it's gone up a pound) ,but there's another percentage point off my body fat, which brings me below 20%!

I've had a cold this week and been a bit indulgent as a consequence, so this result is a bit better than I'd anticipated
Congrats on the body fat reduction--that's much more important than the number on the scale.

Sounds like you're doing OK, even with the illness--hope you feel better soon!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

wow- great topic. i agree, i do feel better watching what i eat!

Also- you're right you guys- this really is the mid point. it is time to buckle down and get to business. after my weigh in monday i am going to evaluate some things and share some of the changes I plan on making!

I am all prepared for the superbowl! veggie tray, grapes, diet soda, apples with ff caramel..and pulled pork on top of a salad! I am really going to portion myself tomorrow. I have worked to hard to let one day go to waste!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.