Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hi there. Yes that's here in the pic. She's excited to be a big sister and as long as her brother is not crying, she's happy to be around him!!

Originally Posted by Mern
Ann, I'm enjoying a wonderful break in the weather, too--so different from our recent weather in the upper 90's and low 100's with high humidity. At almost 3PM it's only 78 degrees and whatever the humidity is, it's quite nice. Windows open, getting some fresh air! Just heavenly!

Congrats on your exercise under ANY circumstances, but ESPECIALLY with your baby born so recently.

Nice, simple goals!

Is that your older daughter with the baby in your avatar? What a sweet picture! Looks like she'd be a wonderful mommy's helper.

Wishing you a nice weekend, too.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

As you know, if you want to keep them out of a bloody be, DO NOT RECOMMEND THE MARRIOTT.

Let's just say that my bloody bed incident from last March at the Marriott is about to turn into a messy situation.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, friends! I'm baaaack! The trolls left yesterday morning. I spent 9 hours cleaning yesterday and have a few more hours to go and then it's like they were never here. Things got really bad and stressful and I gained two pounds of cookie weight, but I am so looking forward to putting it in the past and getting back to my goals on the new thread tomorrow! Hubby has a race going with his son - he has to try to lose weight and his son has to try to pick up his grades. If he loses more weight than his son gets B's (not sure what the mathematical formula would be there, haha), he gets to shave the kid's head. I don't think his son is actually playing, but hubby likes to think the best, so I'm on his "team" - I'm allowed to nag and harass him to eat right and get out walking. His goal is 40lbs by Christmas. I don't see any B's in the kid's future, but hey, whatever takes the weight off. It feels like the kids leaving is a fresh start for us, and now that my tension and anger is subsiding, I feel great. I really do.

Can't wait to catch up with y'all tomorrow!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Goals -
Stay at 1200 calories a day -
Monday No. Tuesday Yes. Wednesday Yes. Thursday Yes. Friday Yes. Saturday No. Sunday Yes.
walk one way or both ways to work or appointments each day -
Monday yes and did 4 miles in an hour. Tue in the house studying all day so no. Wednesday yes, had an incredible beach walk. Thursday yes, 9 miles today! Friday, yes. Saturday and Sunday no but work was very physically active.
follow the 80/20 rule-
Yes, and didn't get anything to eat at the cinema or steal friends popcorn! Haven't really needed the 20% so far. Took a friend to the best burger place in town and only had a side salad, the nice thing was it wasn't even that hard to order healthy. Friday used the 20% today when I had wine with lunch.
Clean eating-
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.Yes, but with wine. Saturday and Sunday No.

non weight loss goals-
Exam Revision!
Yup, but not enough - is it ever enough?
Feel like I'm breaking the back of EU law and Jurisprudence is getting there.
No study today , will get up extra early on friday to make up for today. Exam tomorrow morning so have studied all day and am planning to keep going until the Olympic closing ceremony starts at pm, although I don't sleep good so there is a chance I'll study most of the night.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Doing this had really helped me stay on track, it makes you so much more accountable. I havn't responded to others posts because it seems like people really know each other on here and I havn't wanted to be rude and just barge in. Perhaps I'm being to British?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Enjoying beautiful cool weather again today--a couple days ago it was forecast to be hot. Fresh air--just right with the windows open and no need for air conditioning or heat. I came up with a recipe for mashed black soybeans today that I found quite tasty and DH smiled and said, "Hey, that's not bad at all." The black soybeans are low carb and with zero carb cheddar came out to just 1.8 net carbs for a 1/2 cup serving. Recipe is in our low carb recipe thread, but one could make it using any kind of canned beans and cheese desired. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post87360

Cassie, glad you're feeling a bit better. I hope they find the camera. Nice that your son got some Interstate highway experience. My live-in GD hates driving on it, but she will if it saves a lot of time on backroads.

Kayla, kudos on your great report, even with the Chocolate Eruption! Your portion control is AMAZING! Your calories seem awfully low again, though. I hope that's just to jumpstart your weight loss. How'd the Meteor Shower Party go? I hope you enjoyed those snuck/sneaked in cocktails. LOL I'm too lazy to look up the correct grammar. I should ask Mikey--he knows everything. LOL

Mike, I hope you find your tiling enjoyable. I remember the fun we had when we had new flooring installed in the kitchen and couldn't use that room for two days while the workers were here. We had to move a good deal of the kitchen into the living room: a free-standing kitchen counter, fridge, microwave, can opener, toaster, dishes and pots and pans, utensils, and food. The kids were like 8 and 10 and we all found it a rather fun adventure. Your gonna pee your pants drinking all that water. Eat more veggies, young man! LOL

Ann, that so cute about your daughter being excited about being a big sister as long as her baby brother isn't crying.

Nobe, aw, I'm so glad you got your life back from the trolls. I'll bet your 2 lbs. of cookie weight will come off quickly. LOL on your DH's "bet" with his son. Why does he want to shave his son's head--does he not like his haircut or does the kid just not like shaved heads. It's wonderful that your tension and anger are subsiding. Wishing that you continue to feel great. Big hug to ya!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
I havn't responded to others posts because it seems like people really know each other on here and I havn't wanted to be rude and just barge in. Perhaps I'm being to British?
Please barge in away! We are a very open group and really enjoy getting to know and interact with everyone!

Nobe, glad you have your life back . Two pounds is not bad at all considering that stress.

Had a mixed bag so far this weekend...will report and check in with y'all later. School starts tomorrow here, plus trying to prepare for that damn deposition tomorrow; it's a little crazy today.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Just so you know, it's NOT in NOLA.

Congrats on the exercise. Enjoy the grilling.

enjoy your run!
OK, maybe I should learn to read the fine print . Still in for Charlotte.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh T-Dizzle, would you be able to recommend a hotel for Pam, Cassie and whom ever else may be coming to the race?
If you're wanting to stay closest to the Speedway, you'd want to stay in Concord, NC. Concord is about 30 minutes north of Charlotte, and is where the Speedway actually is. IMHO it would probably be easiest and cheapest to stay in Concord for the race, and if you wanted nightlife you could always drive (or carpool by taxi) into Charlotte. I haven't decided what I want to do yet. I only live 80 miles from Concord. I could wake super early and drive up the day of the race, or I could get a hotel and not have to get up so early. I'll let y'all know what I decide. I'm all for a post race night on the town. Be a good way to unwind.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Edingurgh girl! OMG, so sorry I missed your comment about not responding to the posts here. Your comments and input are very, very much welcome here. Please feel free to post, offer advice, ask questions, joke around, whatever. I don't always have time to address everyone--I just do what I have time for. Some days I have time only to skim the posts. Great job on your goals this past week. Saturdays and Sundays are hard. Best wishes on your exams!

Aw, I'm tellin' -- Cassie said damn! What is the hell gives her the right to talk like that?

I hope y'all have fun in Charlotte, then. I'll be with you in spirit.

Had a wonderful day today until some idiot started burning wood and I had to close all the windows when it's such nice weather outside. I'm allergic to wood smoke--gives me an instant (and I do mean instant) sinus headache after just one or two breaths. Why don't people know that when they burn stuff, the smoke doesn't go straight up and that their neighbors get their smoke in their homes and yards????? Never mind--that was a rhetorical question. Had a great dinner of crockpot roast pork, fresh young pinto bean pods (that we eat as green beans) and low carb chocolate almond torte. Forgot to eat my mashed black soybeans with cheese. Already logged it, so I'll use it to stuff celery for a snack tonight. I'm positive it will be yummy. My torte was delicious. I sucessfully adapted the recipe to reduce the cholesterol and fat, but it was just a teeny bit dry. I have an email in to my little sister, who is a wonderful baker, to get her suggestions on how to moisten it up without adding oil or more egg. Can't add applesauce because that's too carby for me. Maybe some low fat, low carb yogurt. Or maybe all I need to do is bake it less or maybe use a little less protein powder next time. When I get it how I want, I'll share the recipe. Meantime, if any of you have any low carb, low fat suggestions on how to fix it, please give me your thoughts.

Headed to Walmart to get a new food processor. For the past two months I've struggled to get the bowl off the base. DH couldn't even get it off today, so I had to take out the blade and turn the whole heavy thing upside down and scrape out the contents with a spatula! LOL It's over 25 years old, so I think I got my money's worth out of it. Catch y'all later.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all! I am back in town now, so I'll just post the #s for Sat & Sun

8/11 cals: 1,614 Fat: 83.6 Carbs: 49.4 Protein: 80.8
8/12 cals: 1,720 at: 110.2 Carbs: 87.8 Protein: 57.2

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and are ready to go again for Monday!

Keeping it brief tonight - g'nite!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.