Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the low carb tips Mern! Can you explain what flaxmeal is. I have heard a lot about it and even seen it in the store but wouldn't know how to use it.
I saw the substitute for mashed potatoes using cauliflower on Dr. Oz the other day. Cauliflower doesn't agree with me
Old 08-11-2012, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

JJ, you're very welcome for the low carb tips. I learned a lot of them from veterans who help me when I was first starting out.

Flaxmeal is a whole grain that is rich in fiber and omega-3. It has a slightly nutty taste. A 2 tablespoon serving of Bob's Red Mill brand that I buy has 60 calories, 4.5g fat; .5g saturated fat, 3.5 polyunsaturated fat, 1g monounsaturated fat, 2400mg Omega-3, zero cholesterol, zero sodium, zero net carb (4g carbs less 4g fiber) and 3g protein.

You must either buy the ground flaxseed meal or grind whole seeds yourself as humans cannot digest the seeds.

Some people don't like it but I love it and eat about 2 servings per day.

I use it several ways:
--added to my protein shakes
--added to my yogurt
--mix with beaten and egg (or egg substitute like Egg Beaters) and a little artificial sweetener, if, desired, and cook it as a pancake. Top, if desired, with yogurt or sugar free pancake syrup, or mashed strawberries
--I make chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins that I love but some people hate.

Other suggestions I've seen are to:
--add it to hot or cold cereal
--or sprinkle it on salads (Now that one I don't like--but many people do.)

I often make the mashed potato substitute out of frozen broccoli (also nuked for 12 minutes) instead of cauliflower. It tastes almost the same to me.

Enjoy your day!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Saturday everyone! Its finally been tolerable outside for once all summer here to the weather has been perfect. Actually was able to run most of my 2 mile loop instead of mostly walking it a week or so ago. Slowly I will get back to my normal 4-6 mile runs and be ready for my 10k in November. Not too bad considering I had a baby a month ago. Goal for this week:

Keep the carbs super low until I drop a little more weight.
Work out at least 3 days this week.
Drink plenty of water and add extra exercise into my day when I can

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Ann
Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Ann, I'm enjoying a wonderful break in the weather, too--so different from our recent weather in the upper 90's and low 100's with high humidity. At almost 3PM it's only 78 degrees and whatever the humidity is, it's quite nice. Windows open, getting some fresh air! Just heavenly!

Congrats on your exercise under ANY circumstances, but ESPECIALLY with your baby born so recently.

Nice, simple goals!

Is that your older daughter with the baby in your avatar? What a sweet picture! Looks like she'd be a wonderful mommy's helper.

Wishing you a nice weekend, too.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

We also have a nice break in the weather, and also some much-needed rain.

Mern, I am feeling somewhat better, thanks. The 6 hours was from the previous night; I always log it the day after so I know what I got as opposed to what I thought I would get . Tonight's number will be blue . We were picking up the camera from the lost and found at the park. We just got back, and despite the phone call on Wed. saying they had it, they couldn't find it. I am not a happy camper right now. But the one good thing is that I made him drive and a bit of it is interstate, and it went fine.

Ann, glad you got back on your runs. Sounds like you are bouncing back very quickly; good for you!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all! I hope everyone has had a fabulous Saturday. I don't know how, but I have managed to stay at least partially on the wagon today. I knew tonight was my last night at work, so I planned to get my last complimentary slice of the incredibly rich cake they are famous for. Its called "Chocolate Eruption", need I say more? But after putting everything in, I still came out good with calories and carbs. Also, I am halfway through eating it, and can already tell I will not be finishing it tonight.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 767.
2) Get 3 workouts done. M-Y. T-N. W-Y. Th-Y. F-Y. S-N.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. 32%.
4) Get to bed by 10:30. Not happening tonight.

Other:
1) Finish cleaning out and scrubbing house. I did a ton of dishes that John has allowed to accumulate while I've been working.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! I made it! A whole week without overspending. John will probably keel over from happiness.

The reason I will not be going to bed at 10:30 tonight, is I am having a Meteor Shower Party at a friends house. I am also stalling going over there, so I won't have any cocktails until after midnight. By then it will be Sunday, which is my cheat day anyway. Sneaky, sneaky. I hope everybody had a great day and has a great Sunday!!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

I don't know what was here originally--maybe my Saturday report. My brain hiccupped and I copied and pasted my Sunday report here from NotePad.

Last edited by Mern; 08-12-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I've been MIA today because I've been sure productive. I got the bike (aka TPM) torn apart. I also have been tiling my bedroom tonight. Still have a ways to go. I'll post up pics as soon as I can. I'm now living in the "living" room, haha and everything, including my computer is out of my room. My computer is all disconnected so it'll have to wait until I can get it back up and running.

I won't be able to update either, I won't have the time and it's too time consuming to do it on my phone.

I did have 3 servings of bread today, 169oz of water , and 1 serving of fruits and veggies.

G'night my weekend warriors.

Oh T-Dizzle, would you be able to recommend a hotel for Pam, Cassie and whom ever else may be coming to the race?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Oh... Terri and Quinniepoo, where are y'all?!?!?!?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

I'll do some research on hotels in the Charlotte/Concord area. I have a friend who lives close to there, I'm sure he can give me some direction on which ones WON'T have bloody beds. All together now.....eeewwweeeewwwww

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.