Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12

Old 05-10-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

1) 6 daily glasses of water minimum: 6,8,7
2) 1650 calories maximum: 1347, 1642,2064!!!
3) walk/gym 3x this week minimum: No, NO, YES
4) write one hour per day MINIMUM: 1/2 hour, GRRRRRRR; Yes, Yes
5) be present and mindful: Yes, Yes, Yes

Mern, hang in there. You know what you're doing and we can disagree even with the best doctors. It is up to us to be active participants in our health care and you certainly are that.

Jeanne, you are working so hard and I hope you can take care of yourself. I know the temptation to eat fast food is great when we have no time but then we feel crappy. So I want to be your cheerleader and say you deserve to treat yourself like a queen (and maybe not a Burger Queen or McDonald's queen) tho I am not one to talk as I have been stress eating. And at least the salad was a better choice. As for soda, I can get into that but I remember when a friend once said I would rather eat my calories than drink them (re regualr soda and juice) and I noticed something on myself that someone here said about herself (was it you, Mern?): diet soda is not only bad for me but I notice it makes me hold onto weight.

Mike, sorry your birthday sucked. Sounds like your bro owes you at least a nice dinner!!!

So I got a 2012 Mazda 6 as a rental til my car gets fixed from the accident and I gotta say, I LIKE this car. Then again I also saw a toy terrier and now I want that dog!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, folks, I know I've been AWOL the last couple of days. So I had my ultrasound yesterday - he didn't find anything, so that's good news! Truthfully, however, it was a little frustrating, because the lump definitely waxes and wanes throughout the day, and when I went in yesterday, he couldn't even feel it. This morning, however, it was very noticeable (to me) and also a bit painful. So, great that it's not like a mass or something, but frustrating because it's definitely something, but I have no idea what. For now, I'm just supposed to monitor it.

Anyway, my calories for the last couple of days have been really bad Just not feeling motivated, or feeling like getting myself to do what I don't feel like doing. You know, I pretty much always want to eat crap, but I've lost that little thing that would say, "I know you want cheesecake, but you're not getting it right now." Need to get back my ability to listen to myself. Anyway, seems like many of us are struggling right now, so hopefully we can get out of this funk together!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

calories intake max 1200 - m/1300, t/1100, w/N 1,965, t/790
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y
drink neem - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y
take walks - m-n, t/y, w/y, t/n
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/y, w/n, t/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y
drink lots of water - m/n, t/n, w/n, t/y
Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

I hope everyone read what I meant and not what I've typed so far today. I didn't have time to proofread and get done all I need to get done before leaving to pick up grandkids.

Tunnrida, great job on the exercise, neem (what's that?), walk and no alcholol. Those are FOUR good things in your day. Wishing you a happier one today. And congrats on losing almost four pounds since just March 19.

Hope, kudos on your water, exercise, writing, and being present and mindful. I'm half nuts today--don't know why--dropped five--yeah FIVE--things in the kitchen today just while packing my grandson's lunch. Thought I was correct in blaming it on having left my bifocals on which are just for distance and reading. But then I got outside to take the kids to school and dropped my keys (no glasses on then) and then dropped my keys again in the store with no glasses on. LOL I seem to have recovered now--thank goodness. LOL Aw, thanks for your encouragement on my way of eating. I know you are an active participant in your own health care, too. Kudos on that. I hope you enjoy the Mazda while you have it and that you get your own car back soon. With DD leaving for college soon, you'll have a spare room for that terrier. LOL I'd love to have a pet to play with, but I'd want someone else to take care of it and groom it. I loved our dog and cat, but now that they're gone I enjoy the freedom from the responsibility of pet ownership.

On the soda: I used to have two cans of soda per day and now I have 12 ounces maybe once a week. But the reason I gave it up is because I've read the carbonation eats away at tooth enamel. I haven't had a cavity since 1974 and I don't want to start getting them now that I'm a senior citizen. I know someone here said she found that the pop was hindering her weight loss, though. Was it April?

I just finished making some macaroni salad for dinner tonight with Dreamfields "low digestible carb" pasta of which I eat only half a serving at a time. By the time the dressing soaks in more it should be delicious. I gave up eggs and mayo to help with cholesterol and triglycerides, so made this salad with the low carb pasta, and chopped onion, cucumber, green pepper, and tomato with low carb Ranch dressing.
Looking forward to dinner and a treat of low carb real meat meatloaf (I go vegetarian about 90% of the time)

Jeanne, I do agree with Hope that when we chuck eating healthfully because it's too hard and/or inconvenient at the time it makes us feel more crappy. I've done it too many times--each time telling myself this time the comfort food will serve me just fine and I probably won't gain and regret it later. I'm always totally wrong and totally aggravated at myself for not having done the best I could under the circumstances instead of just chucking the whole thing.

Frenchhen, I hope you can find a way to speed up your metabolism to encourage faster weight loss, too. But I do agree that it stays off better if we lose more slowly than those who can shed it quickly. Kudos on your 43 lbs. lost so far! That took a lot of hard work!

Mary, congrats on your good day yesterday. We're both headed for age 66 soon and I'm happy to say that I hope the other members here are as healthy and active as we are when they get to be our age.

Nobe, I hope you're feeling better today and that you enjoy your painting. Well done on the 45 minutes walking yesterday even though it's less exercise than you'd like. Wow, KUDOS on all that green even with the ice cream. A 594 calorie deficit is still something to be proud of!

Today is my day off exercise and even though I need to bump up my exercise, I also need time to allow my muscle tissue to relax and repair itself, plus if I exercise every day I get burned out. BUT I may do some extra strength training tonight while watching TV--during the commercials. But I won't exercise right before bed--I heard on TV the other day that exercising too late in the evening can impair sleep. And I have a hard enough time getting decent sleep to begin with.

I can't believe it's almost time to leave to pick up the kids from high school. All I did was run a couple errands, clean the kitchen, post here, and prepare that salad for dinner! Oh how time flies when we're having fun, eh? LOL
Old 05-10-2012, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, I'm glad the doc didn't find anything on the ultrasound, but yeah, do keep close tabs on it, especially with it being painful. Best wishes on getting out of your funk--that seems to be going around, too. And best wishes on talking yourself out of stuff like cheesecake. I was so lucky to be able to do that last night--almost caved to some Lucky Charms cereal my grandson brought here, but instead ate a piece of sugar free chocolate. I know I was just lucky to have the willpower--and I think it was from everyone being so encouraging to me yesterday. So I'm tossing you my leftover encouragement through cyberspace. LOL
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, I'm so glad the doctor didn't find anything but yes it is good to monitor and have a "baseline." Isn't it typical that you can't find it when the doctor is there? And yes a funk seems to be going around and you do have good reason: I know what you are going through is very stressful. Could the lump be hormonal?

I am now trying to talk myself into having strawberries instead of sugar free chocolate. Knowing me, I'll have both!

Mern, I thought of you at lunch. I had "our" wrap. I put chicken breast (3 oz without skin) cooked spinach (I nuked it), roasted red peppers and some goat cheese crumbles into a whole wheat wrap with my no sugar/no calorie balsamic dressing (from Walden Farms, great as a dressing and a marinade.) Yum! And healthy. I could eat another one. But I won't.

BTW Mern, I often have the "dropsies" as I call it. As for the dog, DH doesn't want one tho DD has been begging for years (she said I'll be pissed if I go to college and you guys get a dog!). As for the car, I will enjoy it while I can!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, Mern tho I kinda dropped the calorie ball yesterday.

BTW I went to the doctor who said my headaches and other aches are probably coming from the accident having kicked up my fibro. That sounds right. And I did have root canal but have to go back to the dentist because my tooth still hurts. Or maybe it is just my mouth reacting to being open so long tho most of my friends will tell you my mouth is always open!!! Anyway, all this stuff is neverending, huh? At least it feels that way.

Last edited by canary52; 05-10-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, April, Darlene, Luv? Where are ya?
Bunch of damn slackers!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, as much as I'm looking forward to it, I have to trade my meatloaf at tonight's dinner for very lean deli roast beef to cut down on the sat fat and carbs. Boooooooooo hissssssssss! I'll still be slightly over in sat fat, but I can still put it in blue as it won't be a failure since I've still got wiggle room to meet my goal of 12% of calories as sat fat for the week. Are you just trying to eat extra healthfully by having the strawberries or would the sugar free chocolate put you over in something? Kudos to you on your willpower! Stay strong! Had to chuckle--I call that dropsies, too.

Ooh, gotta run to take GD to work. Be back later.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, April, Darlene, Luv? Where are ya?
I'm here! Life has just been insane and kicking me in the pants lately! Some really nasty and unexpected things happened at exactly the wrong time, with graduation events and all. I won't get into them, because they are largely resolved and it would take up about 10 pages! lol To make a long story short, my mom has gained about 30 pounds, was completely healthy and strong and decided to do all of her spring cleaning, yard work, etc. in a single weekend, fracturing her L-2. Then, I lifted her wrong trying to help her and I re-injured my back, flattening me for the past 2 weeks. (Brother MIA and too busy to help, again... so hubby had to take off of work. )

Thankfully, we are both doing very well... she had a vertebroplasty 10 days ago that was a huge success. (THANK GOD!) And, for the past 2 days, I've felt almost back to normal, just in time to dive into the whole graduation whirlwind! I've been walking a few miles each night, which has been a HUGE help. Started taking SAM-e, not for depression as it's normally recommended, but for lower back pain and it has been a miracle for me. I guess it's used for arthritis, fibro and other joint issues.

ANYWAY, I'm doing well, everyone's alive and ready to partake in the end of the year festivities!

I may not be posting a lot, but I'm with you all, reading along, and enjoying every minute of it! Hopefully, I can jump back in here more often now although the next 4-6 weeks are going to be a crazy marathon of events!

Miss you all!!!!

quinn
Old 05-10-2012, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hey y'all!

I'm here. Been reading along, but not posting. I'm still in a bit of a funk, trying to snap out of it but it's taking time. I have moments of clarity, when I'm myself. Then bam it hits again and I just don't care. I've been having unbelieveable bouts of the "IDGAF"s....

Updating the goals.....they haven't been horrible, but not great either. So, kinda like the blue Mern gives herself when she hasn't missed the goal cause she's going for the average.

Off to color my SIL's hair for her so she doesn't go into surgery tomorrow with grey hair. Cause THAT'S what the doctors and nurses will be paying attention to.

Have a great evening everyone!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.