Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM
FitDay Member

Well I just can't sleep. WAS asleep before 10PM until the danged rain pounding on the roof woke me up, now I'm wide awake at almost 3AM!

Boo, congrats on your green day! Ugh, I totally empathize with you on the carb crashes. I rarely get angry with myself over it, though, because I've done it so often that I realize when I do it, I know full well ahead of time what the consequences will be, yet I choose it anyway. Wish I had solution to eradicating that weakness in myo willpower. I used to be able to lose weight easily drinking way less than 64 oz. of water per day and with no exercise whatsoever. I don't know all your circumstances, but in my own case, I do know that all my years of yo-yo dieting have also led to a slow-down in my metabolism. Being so much younger than I, I don't know whether that could be your problem or not, though. We're all different. BUT, look what you've ALREADY done--lost 19.4 lbs. since Feb. 7. That's fantastic, wonderful, commendable. It didn't melt off all by itself--you worked hard to EARN th at loss. Give yourself credit for that!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

Mern - my mom's definitely mentally ill; everyone knows it but her. I feel bad always being so mad at someone who is clearly sick, but she's just so mean so much of the time. The most frustrating part is that she's made herself completely useless and dependent on other people; she is scared to drive, which isn't really a problem - I was alwys nervous around traffic so I never learned to drive. But I take the bus or walk. She's utterly dependent on her partner to take her places, and he's sick of it so he often says no, and then she can blame him if she doesn't do something that needs to be done. It's literally 5 minutes on a direct route on the bus from her house to mine but she won't do it because she "doesn't know how". So if I don't pack up my kid and bring him over there, she cries that I don't love her.

She always says she's too stupid to do things and she isn't stupid. I don't know whether she's convinced herself she is or if it's all an act at this point. How do you get hysterical about losing your tax slips when you've laid them out yourself minutes earlier in a marked folder? I don't know.

I'm sorry you had to go through it as well. It's exhausting and emotionally draining. But you've become a wonderfully positive and supportive person in spite of it. Maybe "difficult" (to put it politely) mothers just make us stronger. Sure gives me a clear idea of what kind of mom not to be, anyway. My mom's a parenting handbook of "don't"s.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hope - so sorry to hear about your friend. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe, I hear ya on the mean and dependent. Yeah, I know it's frustrating--hard to tell if the loss of the tax info was deliberate or whether she clearly did forget in her state of mind. Doesn't make it any easier on you either way, I know. Doesn't matter, either, but I'm just curious--how old is your mom? My siblings and I joke about having survived our mom's "antics" and I tell my DH if I ever get like my mom to please just go ahead and shoot me. Seriously, though, that's the reason I won't take statin medication for my high cholesterol and triglycerides. The FDA finally came out a few weeks ago and acknowledged what some doctors have said for years--that there is a link between the statin class of medication (for high cholesterol) and "memory problems." Some link statin medications to Alzheimers, which is one of over 200 forms of dementia according to my mom's doctor. We do believe my mom was mentally ill for years before the dementia set in, though. I couldn't help but smile over your kind understatement that your mom is a parenting handbook of don'ts. Big hug to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 04-25-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

happy birfday hope!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

She's 67, but like I said, it's an ongoing thing. Her memory (or lack of paying attention) has gotten worse, but the manipulation and the "I can't do it, I'm just a girl" act has been the same forever. It's frustrating because my friend who I'm painting with is the exact same age as my mom, and is completely normal - she has friends, she goes places, she's painting her whole house top to bottom. My mom's super jealous of her and is always like, "oh, isn't that nice for her that she can do that," like she's some kind of superhero or something. There's nothing physically wrong with my mom to keep her from doing anything, she's just placed limitations on herself that my friend hasn't. My mom assumed that my friend was sitting around while I did the painting and said that even I shouldn't be doing it because it's "man's work", and then asked me to come paint her house. I said "oh, are you going to pay me too?" I wouldn't be doing it for free. It's a job, but she seems to think we're just chatting and having fun and she's jealous that I have fun with my friend and not her. But my friend isn't insufferable.

Anyway, enough ranting about my mom! Until the next annoying thing, anyway
Old 04-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness
1) 2% challenge! (drop 2% of my body weight by Friday, -3.65 pounds)
2) work out 3 times yes, no, yes
FAIL 3) bench press 280 pounds nope
4) walk 10 miles 0, 3.5, 2.8
5) 4 serving of fruit and veggies no, no, yes
6) all my daily vitamis, etc no, yes, yes

Other
7) write 3 auto policies (or $5k in premium) 0, $2024
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
HOPE

I LOVE THIS!!! Thanks, Mern!!! You sure know how to make a person feel good!!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
happy birfday hope!
Thanks, Mike! So nice to be acknowledged!!! Especially since I am turning errrr 36, yeah let's go with that.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Happy birthday, Hope!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.