Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

HOPE - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND MANY MORE.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

APRIL. WELL DONE ON YOUR FABULOUS LOSS

Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday Hope!!! And congrats on 134!!! woohoo!! The dancing banana is awesome! I hope that you have a wonderful day!!

I am a little disappointed.... we decided to switch realtors and when we called yesterday they wanted to bring over the paperwork right away so we set up an appt for 715 (in hopes that I could still make my Zumba at 8).... They didn't show up till 745 so I didn't get to go...owell... I suppose getting this house SOLD is a little higher up on the importance scale - the home stager is coming saturday morning - exciting!!! So instead of getting a bonus workout tonight I'm going to have to make up for a missed one yesterday! Better than none I suppose!

Mike - NOT GOOD! If I'm home its no problem at all but when I'm out I find it difficult to get all that water down! I will work on this! I think I might just stay home next week instead of going to the MIL - its been really stressful the last couple of weeks when the kids schedules are all messed up! You are doing great this week! Lets see a couple more attempts at the bench press, ok?!

Mern - you are rockin it!! ROCKIN IT!

Has Mandy reported in on how her defense went?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, you asking why I gave April a banana? Here's why:

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health / Fitness ...
3. Lose 3 lbs by Friday to achieve goal of 250 by 4/27 (15lb loss in 8 weeks) .... Taadah! This morning's scale reading was 249.8!!! [
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13

HOPE - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND MANY MORE.
Thank ya kindly, Lizzie
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, you asking why I gave April a banana? Here's why:
Oh no, I wanted her to get one! I didn't know you gave her one already!!! My bad, been browsing.

BTW DH, DD and I made a painting together, DH gave me many gifts and made me a FABULOUS dinner and DD gave me a beautiful bracelet. Friends are taking me out for meals and fun stuff. I am one lucky girl.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie and anyone else interested

I want to briefly fill you in on my 10 year old GD's hearing with a Juvenile Court mediator today for deliberately trying to kick a boy in the leg during an argument at his house, but accidentally kicking him in the testicles:

--The mother and her son were directed to attend the hearing but didn't show up.
--Somewhere along the line written accounts of what happened were acquired from both the boy and from his mother.
--The mediator was very confused because putting the boy's account with his mother's account of the argument didn't give her a picture of what the argument or kick were about to begin with.
--My daughter learned for the first time that someone else in the neighborhood did something wrong against either the mother or against their dog while my granddaughter was playing at their house. The mediator couldn't figure out from their written stories what what the fourth party did and whether it was against a human or an animal but the mother's written statement said she put both her son and my granddaughter in her van to go chasing after that person. The police report of the complaint against my granddaughter mentioned nothing about a van and a chase.
-- My granddaughter said she was put in the van but didn't know why and she thought either the mother or the police told my daughter about it.

Because:
-- my granddaughter admitted she deliberately kicked the boy but didn't mean to kick him in the testicles
--she told the mediator she knew what she did was wrong and knows now it's even against the law and she'll never do it again
--she has been grounded by my daughter ever since the kick a couple weeks ago
--and the mediator couldn't make heads or tails out of the mother's and her son's statements

the resolution was: a kid version of a restraining order against both my granddaughter AND the boy in the form of a signed contract with Juvenile Court. My daughter and granddaughter already signed the contract and the boy and his mother will be required to sign it.

Henceforth they are not to have any contact with each other--no talking, visiting, playing with each other either alone or with a group.

And if EITHER party violates the contract and attempts to initiate contact, the mothers are required to report it to the mediator.

She was not put on any kind of probation and the mediator told my daughter she thought my granddaughter been grounded for an appropriate amount of time. But she also explained to my granddaughter that if she ever does anything like that again she will get a much stronger punishment by the mediator or the court. She didn't elaborate.

We are all relieved it's over and that the mediator did a fine job with being open-minded, fair, and coming to a resolution that makes sense.

Thanks to all for your support, encouragement, prayers and good vibes.

Last edited by Mern; 04-26-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm sure April would appreciate as many nanners as she's given. They do come in bunches. So cool about the painting, many gifts from DH, bracelet from DD, meals and fun stuff with friends. Have a great rest-of-your-birthday celebration. How's your mouth feeling right now?

Will be back later. Need some dinner!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Mike - Lets see a couple more attempts at the bench press, ok?!
Not going to happen. I bench press every week and have been trying to "max out" once a week as well. That's way too often, I should try to max out once a month... AT MAX! I'm going to try to build up so I can get it in a few weeks. The crazy thing is that I did 275 pretty easilly a couple weeks ago.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Happy B-Day Hope!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.