Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
You'd have laughed if you saw WHY I measured it. I marched in the house and made a beeline for the Tostitos. I knew they were there and I had been eyeballing them for days. I originally grabbed the bag and went to shove my face in it, but then I stopped short when I left the kitchen. I had just recently washed the food scale bowl and it was sitting on the drying rack, which is the last thing you see before you leave our kitchen. I looked down at it, looked at the bag, sighed, and said "Okay, okay, food gods, I'll measure out whatever fits in a little bowl." (Does anyone else talk out loud to the food gods? >.>)

It's funny because the food scale was not in its normal position, so if it hadn't been out to dry I wouldn't even have seen it for the reminder, so I guess I'm glad it was there! Thanks for the pride, I'll take it, cause I still feel sheepish!
There are food gods? Crap! Who knew? No wonder I'm in trouble all the time with them I didn't even know they existed. I know all about the angel and the devil sitting on my shoulders. Mostly I can ignore the angel, she looks like my mother only she's been gagged and hog tied. The devil on the other hand, not so much. He's a smooth talkin' Lothario with a bit of chocolate speared on his fork.

Maybe the food scale has found a new home? Ours sits on the counter all the time, but it's small and glass, and um frequently gets covered with junk. I need one that's big and bright neon and dings and flashes at me. And it wouldn't hurt if it printed out coupons, that's the perfect portion, ding ding ding, here's a coupon for a free diet coke honey...

Last edited by almeeker; 03-21-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
That's real helpful. I like to learn from what other people do. I'm great for making plans, but often try to do too much and then discouraged. I have to learn what is truly feasible.

I continue to work out what I do daily/weekly. Then as the kids get older, they can do more around the house. That part I love.

Right now I'm experimenting with times & tasks.

I'm thinking that if in the mornings I do Kitchen & Clothing (Laundry) & a bit of Cleaning, that gets me off to a good start. Along with that, I'm finally starting to automatically think about exercise. I just need to get up earlier, but as you may see by my posts, I was dealing with some insomnia last night.

I may add on to goals to be in bed by a certain time SO that I get my morning routine done before everyone else is up and before it gets hot outside. I think if I'd have 2 -3 hours that would be about right.

Oh yes, I know that follow through on laundry is quite a challenge. I'm working on that angle too.
Um, how old do you suppose the kids have to get until they "help"? I'm still waiting and our oldest is 10 going on 18. I would have thought they would be more help by now, but once again I'm wrong. I love a well scheduled day, but more often than not, someone throws a monkey wrench into my day. Today's monkey wrench is the stomach flu, PTO and Girl Scouts. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, so while I was walking I had a great thought. I just need some women to help me carry it out. When the boys were little I could get them jeans with elastic straps inside that had button holes so you could make the waist tighter. We need these for women! It would be so convenient to be able to take my jeans in an inch without having to buy another size. Amy ... do you think you could get working on that? You know, in your spare time!?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Um, how old do you suppose the kids have to get until they "help"? I'm still waiting and our oldest is 10 going on 18. I would have thought they would be more help by now, but once again I'm wrong. I love a well scheduled day, but more often than not, someone throws a monkey wrench into my day. Today's monkey wrench is the stomach flu, PTO and Girl Scouts. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Ours have been helpful for about 3 yrs now it seems. They are boys though so you are fighting a whole different battle. They have their own sets of things to do and a few chores that get rotated.

Rotating... take out trash, vaccuum garage rugs

Both ... scoop dog poo and pick sticks/rocks out of yard before mowing time, take own laundry to laundry room after showering, keep bedrooms neat (they actually do this. I could snap a pic any day and be proud except for some dust)

14 yr old ... bath dogs, make salt water, feed dogs, let dogs in & out when I'm not home

13 yr old ... put away clean dishes, take general laundry to laundry room

Then they both will do things that I randomly ask of them too. They both love to help me cook too. I can ask them to sweep & mop floors or run the vaccuum but it won't be to my standard so only if I am pressed for time will I get them to do that.

It does happen. It just takes a lot of time. And you still get rolled eyes and "I did it last time!!!" LOL
Old 03-20-2012, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, I'm a little late joinin (sorry bout that) but I'm new to Fitday and I think this would be a great way to kick it off. I'm going to go on a shopping spree with my buddies over spring break and I would LOVE to be one size smaller.

Anyway, so here are my goals

1. NO more than 1200 calories!
2. Fruits for breakfast (I always seem to lose more weight when I do this )
3. Minimum 30 minutes of yoga daily (no excuses!!! )
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome HCKgirl, better late than never, as they say. And you're not even that late; we just started again yesterday.

Ok guys so I chickened out. I was in the endodontist's chair, having taken the antibiotics I have to take cause I had knee replacement, he was already to start root canal and I couldn't let him do it. Because of the fibro, I felt this could just be fibro pain from a big filling I recently got. I didn't want to risk losing a tooth (a a f*!ton of money) so I said I can't do it. But would you see me again if I need it? And the endodontist said (I swear I am not making this up) If I see you again I will run over you with my car. I THINK he was kidding. Seriously, he was a really nice guy. Considering he lost an hour and a half appointment time and a f*!ton of money, he was GREAT.

So on another note, are you guys related to my DH? He has puked maybe twice in the 30years I've known him. The last time he gave us all (and his parents) what we called The Chanukah Plague; we were on vacay in Florida during the holidays (thanks hon!) DD and I wrote a song about it at the time; gotta ask her, bet she remembers the words. It makes Amy's description of her jambalaya seem tame (just busting on you, ALMeeker. Since apparently Mike is not here to do it. Where is Mike?)

Oh and on the bra front, I remember some saleslady telling me that a 36C = a 36 D. She did not explain why. Now I know. Thanks!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
It makes Amy's description of her jambalaya seem tame (just busting on you, ALMeeker. Since apparently Mike is not here to do it. Where is Mike?)
I think he left.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

My song of the day. I'll be back later to check in.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

My face still feels like it's about to split open from the sinus congestion and my eyes are still watery and itchy, but the headache is mild now. I'm going to pass on that second mile of aerobic exercise, but since I gave it my very best effort and honestly had to push myself hard to finish the first mile this morning, I'm giving myself green tomorrow for exercise.

Terri, thanks for your encouragement and good wishes. Hey, OK, I'll blame my carb binge on my allergies. I'm sure that can happen, but in my case I think it was just lack of willpower. I read your question about the changing bra size, but don't know the answer. I don't buy bras very often. Kudos on your food restriction in the face of danger! I forget if I asked you this before: did you ever try the Dreamfields pasta that is touted as being low digestible carb? Supposed to be like 5 net carbs as opposed to around 40g in regular pasta per serving. Not one person in my family can tell the difference between it and full carb pasta. As carb sensitive as I am, my body does seems to handleDreamfields as only 5 carbs and I eat only half a serving at a time for 2 1/2 carbs. I can't handle much Splenda, though and it's touted as zero carb--makes me stall or gain if I eat much of it. When I make flaxmeal muffins, I can only eat one per day or else I stall out or gain from the Splenda. Wonderful that you enjoyed your grill-out as a meaningful date night. On your busy life--yup, one thing at a time.

Amy, thanks for your encourgement. While I can save up enough allowance through "pre-fish-fry-deprivation" to handle the carbs in the breading at our favorite Lenten fish fry, their coleslaw is sometimes carby depending who makes it from the dump and taste method. Some add very little sugar if any at all and some add a lot. I didn't eat it Friday because it was sweet this time. I brought it home for DH, but he didn't eat it, so I caved to temptation last night. I make my own low carb. Your recipe sounds a lot like my Mom's German heritage family "Hot German Slaw" that I make with artificial sweetener. The dressing for hers, too, is vinegar, water and sugar and it's poured over cabbage, onion, and crumbled bacon. Yum, your additives sound delicious, too. I'll definitely copy it as from your post--I may even make it tomorrow since I have all the ingredients on hand. I'm sure I can just wing it if you don't have the recipe written down.

Ruby, I've had my share of kitchen mistakes. I hope your DD eats her "breakfast porridge." I remember once when my live-in GD was younger I made her what I thought was cinnamon toast, but I had grabbed the mild chili powder by mistake. Boy, was it yucky! LOL

Ama, I got sick from that "computer virus" spread by Mike and Quinn. Seriously, though, mine is just seasonal allergies, but my grandkids had a nasty 2 day stomach virus that's going around. Thanks for your encouragement regarding my carb binge Monday night and for your get well wishes. Chondromalacia--I had to look that up--sounds painful! Wow, your eat clean pact terms are really ambitious. You go, girl!

April, congrats on another good day yesterday and on getting even MORE compliments. What a nice coworker to compliment you on the results of your walking. With your committment to weight loss and fitness it won't be long before you're back to your dating weight.

HardcaorKittyGirl, we're always glad to have new members any day, any time. Welcome! Nice goals. I heard a doctor on TV once recommending fruit for breakfast.

Hope, it's your body. Good for you for speaking up when you changed your mind about the root canal. I hope he really did understand. I also hope you can figure out whether the pain is your fibro talking or if you really do need the root canal after all.

Last edited by Mern; 03-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

FYI, I tried to post to push Quinn and Luv but it locked up and logged me out!! I gave up. Maybe later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.