Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily (weekends too!!) M: Yes, T: No,
2. Just because someone else is eating doesn't mean I need to be eating too M: Did okay, T: Pretty good,
3. Walk on lunches at least three times (weather permitting)M: 37 mins = 2 miles, T: no, had an appt
4. Exercise other than walking 5 hrsW: 1hr 10min,
5. Weigh and post daily M: 263.2lbs, T: 262.4lbs, W: 260.2lbs, Pounds lost this week so far: 3.0lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Survive CASSP meeting Tuesday DONE!
2. Pay attention to my behavior. I may be stressed out but so are others. M: no , T: a little better ,
3. Read something that is not on the internet (a magazine perhaps? Had new issue of Fitness at home almost a week now and haven't even opened it) M: No, T: No,

I bailed yesterday. Goals were still okay and I didn't eat all stupid from the stress or anything but I was having a meltdown all afternoon at work and I just couldn't get the energy to make a post.

The meeting was a ton of stress from people who are or were involved in his care making recommendations on what they think my next steps should be for his safety and care. I settled on a decision but changed it after discussing it further with my hubby. So I have another schooling with therapy option setup to do intake appointments next weds. He was supposed to be released tonight but I called an explained that I can't get him in to the new school for a week so we pushed his release back to Sunday. We are going to stay with the same family therapist that we are know and are comfortable with for now.

We made the trip for a visit last night with him and he has made a wonderful turn around. I had been hearing for the past 2-3 days that he is doing great and is participating in his care, attending full session groups instead of walking out and is doing school work. But in person last night it was so different. He had that light back in his face. The past few times (before Saturday) his face was emotionless other than anger/hatred. So I have a lot of hope that he is turning a corner and choosing to participate in his care.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for listening to me during all of this. I really don't have anyone in my personal "real" life that I can talk to about all of this other than my hubby. I have started to share it with a couple people but it is a really hard topic.

I'm going to do my best to go read through what all you guys were talking about yesterday with all these posts!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I hope you feel better and that this can be straightened out; maybe by adjusting the dosage?

Wildbeanerz, I do not know the whole story but I read your post and was glad to hear about the light coming back into (I assume it is your son's) face. It sounds like you are going thru so much and I know the people here are so supportive. I'm glad you have a place to talk.

Quinn, I am glad to hear you have had good news with your mom.

I am often out of the loop in terms of keeping up with posts but I wish everyone well.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

In a nutshell, I'm doing well today and am on track for food and water. Will exercise later--and that's a promise.

Crazigerl, I haven't been able to read all the posts I missed. What did you mean by "Today was better at 1400 so I still have to get 100 calories before Sunday." Get 100 calories? Not that it matters, but I stand behind you on the 70% chocolate to nip that craving in the butt. I sometimes eat 1/2 square of unsweetened baking chocolate or two Hershey Sugar Free Dark Chocolate miniatures. Some people can ignore their craving and it goes away, but I either have to satisfy it or find a substitute.

Luv, glad your back is feeling somewhat better. Hope you're totally back up to par soon. Big gentle hug to ya! Whoa! Congrats on the exercise!

Hope, thanks for the sweet welcome back to "where I belong." Sorry, I couldn't help but chuckle over your Tony Soprano encounter with your DD. Lordy, I can't even count the number of times I had run-ins with my DD. She and I are too much alike, ergo the conflict. But it will eventually pass. My DD and I are good buddies now that she's in her 30s. My 7 year old grandson drives me up the wall now--he sounds like your DDs twin brother! But "This, too, shall pass." I also got a good chuckle out of your oat bran gruel and singing opera to your DH over your rights. I gave DH "what for" today for complaining about our having gone through two rolls of bathroom tissue yesterday. I had forgotten about my blood test today and drank more than a gallon of water yesterday and 60 ounces between 6 & 8AM this morning (not exaggerating) to plump up my normally hard to find veins but I have a small bladder so was going to the bathroom every 45 minutes--again, not exaggerating. I asked DH if he actually resented the fact that I didn't tell him about having a small bladder until after we were married and would he prefer a woman who simply shakes herself off like a man does. I added I had no idea I wasn't worth two rolls of bathroom tissue to him. He didn't mutter a word after I was done. My stomach still aches a little from drinking so much water, but it was worth it. I hear ya on the "enabling." DD and I both feel that's part of the reason for my grandson's irresponsibility--we've quit being enablers but I can't get DH to quit.

Quinn, I'm glad your Mom is doing so well. Sending up prayers of thanksgiving as well as ones for a continued speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and pointing to timely advice that could save all of us a catastrophy in the future.

Deborah, sounds like you are having an awful time! Are you going to make an appointment with the doctor?

Kumochi Mary, great to hear from you again! Keep up the good work of taking such good care of yourself!

Kim, you are entitled to vent about your being stalled on weight loss. Many of us know how disappointing and frustrating it is to be on a plateau. I had one for over six weeks a while back. Just know that if you keep on doing the right stuff, your plateau will break when your body is ready. Sometimes our bodies actually do take a break from weight loss until they get used to the new weight before allowing us to lose more. Big skinny hug to ya!

Terri, I doubt that you're remembering it worse than it was. My periods were always about 10 days with 45 to 69 days in between. So I just had to be prepared at all times, never knowing when the next would hit for sure. But I didn't have all the complications that you do--just that my male doctor told me menstrual cramps were psychological. Mind you, I'm 65 years old. Times have changed, thank God!

Tori, I think your toes are gorgeous.

April, congrats on doing so well on your health and fitness goals under very trying circumstances. Wonderful news that you are making progress on your son's continued treatment and guidance. Great to hear about the light being back in his face. My heart and prayers are still with you.

Mike, so sorry 'bout the return of your PITA! Big gentle hug to ya!

Darlene, I hope you had a great workday and that your feet got some rest.

Amy, damn! No profanity? How in the hell are you going to manage that? LOL LOL LOL Aw, I hope DD recovers from her ear infection quickly. Been there, done that on yelling at a kid who turned out to be sick. It's a human error--we've all done it and your DD will forgive you and likely forget all about it. Big hug to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 02-22-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, thanks for the sweet welcome back to "where I belong." Sorry, I couldn't help but chuckle over your Tony Soprano encounter with your DD. Lordy, I can't even count the number of times I had run-ins with my DD. She and I are too much alike, ergo the conflict. But it will eventually pass. My DD and I are good buddies now that she's in her 30s. My 7 year old grandson drives me up the wall now--he sounds like your DDs twin brother! But "This, too, shall pass." I also got a good chuckle out of your oat bran gruel and singing opera to your DH over your rights. I gave DH "what for" today for complaining about our having gone through two rolls of bathroom tissue yesterday. I had forgotten about my blood test today and drank more than a gallon of water yesterday and 60 ounces between 6 & 8AM this morning (not exaggerating) to plump up my normally hard to find veins but I have a small bladder so was going to the bathroom every 45 minutes--again, not exaggerating. I asked DH if he actually resented the fact that I didn't tell him about having a small bladder until after we were married and would he prefer a woman who simply shakes herself off like a man does. I added I had no idea I wasn't worth two rolls of bathroom tissue to him. He didn't mutter a word after I was done. My stomach still aches a little from drinking so much water, but it was worth it. I hear ya on the "enabling." DD and I both feel that's part of the reason for my grandson's irresponsibility--we've quit being enablers but I can't get DH to quit.
Thank you so much for your non judgmental response. I thought people would think I'm a monster mom or get offended by the Sopranos reference but I better get a zipper cause this one pushes ALL my buttons. And I am an enabler too so I guess I can't really fault DH but I do anyway!!!
I love your small bladder story. ROTFL; I would say ROTFLMAO but I will ahem refrain from the profanity.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, aw, geez, I haven't seen one person here profess to never having lost her/his temper with the kiddos. Doesn't mean we're not good parents. What? We're not allowed to say a$$? Jackdonkey and jackburro have more letters to type and I feel by calling someone an a$$ I'm putting two less syllables of carbon dioxide into the air--it's my gift to the world of conservative speech. Isn't there a Nobel Peace Prize for that? And wouldn't if be nice if we COULD laugh our a$$es off instead of all the work we have to do to stay on the wagon?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

I nominate you, Mern. You get the Fitday Nobel Peace Prize. Because you are noble and peaceful and kind.

And yes I would love to laugh my a$$ off instead of being on this STUPID Dukan diet. I swear men in prison do not fantasize about women the way I was fantasizing about having a pretzel. My kingdom for Mr. Salty. At this point, I feel would kill for one.

No peace prizes for me unless you come bearing a bread stick!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

April. It's great that you feel you can unburden yourself here, there are some truly wonderful people on this thread who actually get what you're going through and want to support you, I know that if I had problems they are the kind of friends I'd want to talk to.
I hope that your son continues to make progress and you find the right path to help him.

Tori. Sounds like you are having a blast, keep it up or as we say here- keep her lit.

On the swearing issue I've always wanted to learn how to swear fluently in Italian as when they start it just flows and sounds so good, but when I went to a language class it just didn't seem right to ask the teacher to tell me all the swear words.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
On the swearing issue I've always wanted to learn how to swear fluently in Italian as when they start it just flows and sounds so good, but when I went to a language class it just didn't seem right to ask the teacher to tell me all the swear words.
I love this. It does sound so perfect. And this way, no one has to know what you're saying. Although the hand gestures alone might give it away...
Old 02-22-2012, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
The scale just is not my friend lately.
Hold the phone, a scale can be your friend? I never knew, seriously I've been enemies with every scale I've ever met. Sorry honey, I'm right there with you, the scale hates me too. The jar of peanut butter and I however are really good friends...
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I love this. It does sound so perfect. And this way, no one has to know what you're saying. Although the hand gestures alone might give it away...
Gee and here I thought Italians swearing was just the hand gestures, there are words too? Poetic sounding even. Wow, I learn new things here everyday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.