Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-11-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up I'm so excited ... Just had to tell somebody . ..

I weighed-in at 210.4 this AM! I saw for a brief moment on my digital scale 209.4 -> A Wonderful break through for me. I've been sticking around the 211 - 214 range for a bit. Overall I'm staying in line for weight goal, according to FitDay. It's paying off to be focusing on healthy habits.

I have to go now, but will be back later.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

That's awesome, Luv! What a great start to your weekend!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Luv-that's GREAT!! I also was only a teetiny bit down on the scale this morning, 208.4. Which is not quite a lb for the week. With the emotional roller coaster of a week I guess it'll do. Still hoping for a decent number tomorrow though.

Have a great Saturday everyone! I'm gonna get out of bed (I'm a lazy slacker) and get some shopping in before it gets too late. Check back later TTFN!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Smile You inspired me.

Today is the first day on my new plan, 1 have lost 20 lbs. in about 6 months but 11 came off when I had knee replacement. Today I walked steps from the lake to the deck 5 times 20 steps each time and it is up hill, then I walked to the mailbox 2 times. I am drinking the water, and making my over weight Beagle walk with me. My goal is some squats, with weights, and walk the steps every day. I also log my food, I am not sure how many calories I can have but hello...I am 74 years young.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Frances! We're glad to have you along. I think we're a pretty supportive group of gals here (and dude(s)), so feel free to chime in/follow along.

Yesterday was... better. My head was in a slightly better place, I think. Annoyingly, my weight was up 3 lbs this morning, for no apparent reason. I don't usually have much fluctuation due to TOTM, but hey, I guess there's a first time for everything. I was not bothered by it since I know the reason, just annoyed for the momentary glitch.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Fit4luv congratulations!

friends.gif Way to go!

I still do not have this attachment thing down, if you click the fan club it will do its thing.

Last edited by dar n; 02-11-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Frances!

Enjoy your shopping Tori!

Cassie Those are some excellent weekend goals!

Joanna Glad to hear you feel a bit better.

Lizzie Be good today! I also find the weekend to be harder to stick to my plan but I need to stay on track I am not planning to lose this week its just been to odd of a week but I expect to maintain and for today thats ok.

Have a nice Saturday everyone I hope the sun is shining somewhere for one of you so you can get out and enjoy a walk.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
So for those that don't know... when you're on a website and you click on the little thing that says "Free Insurance Quote." or "Paying too much for car insurance?". Your information is sold to numerous insurance agents for usually $10-$15 just so they can have the opportunity to try to contact and sell you insurance. Damn I'm glad I'm out of that garbage.
Thanks for the "heads up".

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, funny story. I'm checking my facebook a few minutes ago and my 13 year old niece messages me. We're chitchatting and she says something like "so, have you found me another uncle yet?" (she's determined to get me married off so she can have more cousins) I told her no, and kind of laughed. And now she's wanting to hook me up with one of her friends' dad! kids
Ha!Ha!! Your niece must love her aunt very much. Her heart must be in the right place.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
That's awesome, Luv! What a great start to your weekend!
Thank you. I'm keeping in mind that I can fluctuate up, but must stay focused in order to remain on path for a downward trend. Down with extra fat and up with muscular strength.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Luv-that's GREAT!! I also was only a teetiny bit down on the scale this morning, 208.4. Which is not quite a lb for the week. With the emotional roller coaster of a week I guess it'll do. Still hoping for a decent number tomorrow though.

Have a great Saturday everyone! I'm gonna get out of bed (I'm a lazy slacker) and get some shopping in before it gets too late. Check back later TTFN!
Tori, I'd say you did great with all that's been going on in your life. Think about how easy it is to not be healthy at all. You not only maintained, but you showed evidence of healthy habits. Give yourself a proud pat on the back & a whole bunch of TLC.

Originally Posted by Frances Lueck
Today is the first day on my new plan, 1 have lost 20 lbs. in about 6 months but 11 came off when I had knee replacement. Today I walked steps from the lake to the deck 5 times 20 steps each time and it is up hill, then I walked to the mailbox 2 times. I am drinking the water, and making my over weight Beagle walk with me. My goal is some squats, with weights, and walk the steps every day. I also log my food, I am not sure how many calories I can have but hello...I am 74 years young.
Welcome Frances!!! You've come along incredibly with your health goals. Steps & hills are excellent ideas with strengthening muscles. Logging food sure has opened my eyes and helps me see what I've eaten. I wasn't sure at first either about how many Calories. I charted at first to see what I was doing, then went on from there. Also,do you see my signature? If you click onto "FitDay's Best of Series", you'll find a treasure of resources there. Vito, one of the moderators here, gathered a lot of reading material & links for our benefit. I hope to see you around here more & more!
Originally Posted by dar n
Fit4luv congratulations!

Attachment 307 Way to go!

I still do not have this attachment thing down, if you click the fan club it will do its thing.
Awww... thanks. I clicked on those fun characters and guess what?! They were cheering for me. (Smiling here.)

Julie ~ That's awesome what you're doing at the office on the half hour! Maybe you can start a trend amongst your co-workers. You'll soon have stronger legs & nothing to say about your healthy heart. Wow!!! Your Calorie goals are soooo green this week. Excellent!!!
Yup-- what we put out there becomes accountable here. So be careful what you say By the way, I did do those strength training exercises on Friday.

Lizzie ~ Stand Strong Today !!! We have today now -- that's what I have to keep telling myself.

ETA: Darlene ~ I like your 2 questions that you ask yourself when trying on clothing. (Do I feel comfortable in it? Does it make me feel good or self-confident?) I'll need to keep this in mind. On your rant yesterday about temptation & advertising: I agree. Those advertisements are disconcerting for me to say the least. I guess if we'd pay something then we can make those advertisements fly away, but I'm too cheap right now for that. Mike has a good idea of taking this concern to the feedback threads. I forget that the feeback forum is there.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-11-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
3. No salt added to plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it M: 35 min - 1-3/4miles, T: 40min - 2miles, W: Snowing like a blizzard, Th: 36min - 2miles, F: Retail therapy included walking to & from the parking garage and all through Penneys in 3" heels, that gotta count for something!
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun W: 1hr 10min, Th: Day off, F: 1hr, Sat: 45min,
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week) M: -1156, T: -1591, W: -1296, Th: -1069, F: -1851, Blue"]Week's Deficit -6963 .... Woohoo!![/COLOR]

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time M: so far so good, T: had a good day, W: doing what I can, Th: Rough, but yes, it's all I can do, F: Yes, had a good day,

Just hopped on quick to update the goals. I am getting ready to go out for dinner tonight. Hair & makeup are done and clothes are going on next so I can do my nails. Did my nails earlier and found out the one I put on the bottom coat was no good and would not set up. So had to strip them back off.

Call last night from my son was very good. He was in much better spirits and got himself off of unit restriction so he could go to the gym and cafeteria now. He was pretty pleased with that and so were we. They have to be trusted for that because they have to go outdoors to go to the other buildings for gym and stuff and it isn't fenced or anything so they could try to run if so inclined. No calls so far today means that he hasn't done any crazy.

I'll see what I can do about getting a pic or two tonight. I wish my older son was home tonight to take a pic of me & his dad before we leave. It is a RARE occassion to get that man dressed up. But he cleans up well.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Friday and Saturday Report:

Sunday goals:
--30 minutes exercise
--60 oz. water
--low carb vitamin fortified protein shakes as meal replacements for breakfast and lunch
--low carb on-plan dinner
--snacks/meal additions of avacado, flaxmeal, almonds, olive oil to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides

Last edited by Mern; 02-11-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.