Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in...

...my facebook group is doing an Atkins Induction "Do-Over" event this month. So far, so good...most of us are losing--and those that aren't are still seeing health benefits (more energy, better blood glucose numbers). I did have an Atkins Endulge Chocolate Coconut bar today (that I wouldn't have done if I had seen this thread first). LOL But, other than that, I'm sticking to my goals.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Not enough time to read all posts and respond decently. Just want to say Kay in Pa, I like "stop beating msyelf up over weight gained in 2011." Amen to that. And to not beating oursleves up over anything we do. And Tori, I bought my DD a shirt in Georgia that had the security tag still on it and brought it back up north! Luckily it was Kohls but when I found the shirt, I didn't have the receipt, then found the receipt and didn't have the shirt. Took a long time but I got it together! Story of my life? I hope! That'll be on my tombstone: she finally got it together and now look where she is!!! Just kidding!!!!
We used to tease an uncle of my hubby's that he was always late for everything and he would be late to his own funeral.....and HE WAS! They had the viewing at a large church and the funeral home was a few miles away and they were about 10 minutes after the viewing time started until they brought him to the church.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy, I'll have my breakfast chore resistant grandson deliver a chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin to you in person when I FedEx him to you. How's that?
Then you better send more than 1 muffin, he's bound to get hungry along the way. Haha.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
We used to tease an uncle of my hubby's that he was always late for everything and he would be late to his own funeral.....and HE WAS! They had the viewing at a large church and the funeral home was a few miles away and they were about 10 minutes after the viewing time started until they brought him to the church.

Oh too funny
Old 01-10-2012, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mern I hope your headache has passes. My hubby calls it center of the world disease it starts around 15 and seems to fade in the mid 20’s your gd and my dd both had symptoms yesterday it seems, lol. Both my hubby and dd are very verbal people when they do chores so I am an expert at blocking it out it makes me laugh sometimes when all you hear is why don’t the kids rinse their bowls, why does dad leave popcorn in machine and expect me to clean it Good job on your 2 miles, I am off to hike.

Amy Good day yesterday! Who are you writing valentine’s day letters for? Well I guess I ate 50% well yesterday then thanks for the understanding.

Joanna I love karaoke are you a singer or just a spectator, I love to watch brave people sing I am not so brave nor can I sing. Great news about the insulin pump will this make controlling your diabetes a lot easier?

Zahut Your goals for the week sound great I hope you have a successful day.

Fit4luv Good job on your fiber, I take benefiber in my protein shake as I really need to be above 30g a day and I find that hard with just food since I don’t eat a lot of grains, do you get yours from just food or are you supplementing also?

April I think it’s just a bad scale day either that or Nyquil has 1000 calories a serving as I am up 2lbs this morning. I like your goal number 4 I find when I am sick I feel like I deserve treats I probably can blame my mother for this one hmm wonder if Cassie has a free couch, lol. Oh my late for his own funeral!

Hope

Pam My bp is hereditary and it doesn’t matter what lifestyle changes I make it doesn’t change it enough to take me out of the risk categories but the med’s my dr has me on right now are very mild and seem to have little long term side effects so when you see your dr ask lots of questions and make him give you options you can research

Mike have a good day

I feel weak and still really drained but I am going to go hike well maybe walk but at least I am up and trying to be motivated. I hope you all have a good morning I will be back soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, that's funny, well and sort of sad too. I have a cousin whose family is late to everything, usually when we have a family gathering my mom calls them to ask what time they are coming. So then she tells everybody else to be there like 3 hours later, so far we've always shown up before them.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
OMG, that's funny, well and sort of sad too. I have a cousin whose family is late to everything, usually when we have a family gathering my mom calls them to ask what time they are coming. So then she tells everybody else to be there like 3 hours later, so far we've always shown up before them.
It was funny later but sad at the time. My hubby's GMA (uncle's mom) was very worried and distraught that things weren't going as they should.

He was the type who was into everything. Refereeing softball & basketball, a plow truck driver for the state (construction in the summer). All around a great guy who spread himself way too thin and possibly died early because of it.

My mom was always in the late to everything crowd. My hubby is the polar opposite. We are always early!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Does the forum look different to anyone not using beta today?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

I'm writing a St. Valentine's Day letter, because I was a complete slacker and didn't get my Christmas cards out (not so much a slacker as over-booked). Which is a very noticeable thing to those who receive them. Not that we're terribly noteworthy or famous, but I've sent them out like clockwork since we were married and included therein is an hilarious Christmas letter, usually 2-3 pages long, full of funny stories, anecdotes, accomplishments, failures, etc. Anyway I spend the whole year having people tell me they laughed until they cried and had to call so and so to read it to them, and how they never want to be left off my Christmas card list etc etc. It's usually a task that I really enjoy, although it's a struggle time-wise to get it written and mailed out in December. The last few years I've ended the letter threatening to send out Valentines the following year because December is just too damned full of everything else. Well last year I wasn't joking, apparently. I hope people get a good chuckle out of it. In the back of my mind I must have known that I was going to need an out this year, you see I always buy my Christmas cards deep discount the week after Christmas. The ones I bought last year are red and glittery and will hold a picture, on the inside they say "Joy", that's it, so I'm going to use my "Be Mine" stamp and fix 'em up, toss in a picture of the kiddos and send some love out via snail mail.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Does the forum look different to anyone not using beta today?
Yes, a little.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.