Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-21-2011, 07:55 PM
FitDay Member

Amy Thanks for the understanding. Great job on balancing your treats with your goals, peanut butter ball sound amazing could you share the recipe. I hope you can get your sink working being out a sink in your busy house would be a huge problem I am sure. Lol at shoveling out your house with all the chaos in my basement after the oil fiasco maybe I should just shovel it out also.

Quinn Thanks for the understanding I hope it’s now all over. I hope you find all your hidden gifts and you get all your wrapping done (yeah on getting it all done). I also have spent much less this year but to be honest the kids have everything they need and want so I also wonder if they will notice. I hope your drug induced state is a thing of the past and you get well soon.

Mike We give are dogs mint cookies from the health food store they seem to work well but I don’t think my dogs have ever had dumpster breath, yuck. Thanks for the compliment but my hubby says if I could learn to drop a couple f bombs I probably wouldn’t have high blood pressure.

Alright children it’s almost Christmas stop hitting and poking each other santas watching who’s naughty and nice.

Pam I hope the exterminators have fixed your problem and it’s awesome that it didn’t cost you a small fortune.

Fit4luv Sorry you are having computer issues hope its fixed soon.

Main Good job surviving wine and cheese I am impressed it’s my weakness and I am actually looking forward to caving into it on boxing day.

Tori Yeah on your 2lb loss! I hope you got lots done on your blankets and I send you will power for cookiepalooza lol. Yes I have heat I actually turned it up to 23c/74f as soon as they got it working hubby came home from work and said it felt like florida so I had to turn it down but at least I am warm again. Lol at wanting Amy’s recipes she post so much great food I made an Amy file.

Mary Nice job on the last minute salad very quick thinking. Great idea with the wii I really should drag mine out it’s perfect for when the weather is bad.

Torre Nip that water pattern in the butt. I am glad you are feeling better today but if it happens again you should see your dr just in case. Nice deficit and exercise so far this week.

Cassie Darn those broken biscotti. You have done great on exercise and calories this week even with biscotti.

I managed to get out to hike today after the furnace drama the sun was out and it was beautiful I am planning on going tomorrow also since I know I will do nothing after Friday. Have a great night everyone.

This Christmas:
To your enemy . . . forgiveness,
To your opponent . . .tolerance.
To a friend . . . your heart.
To a customer . . . service.
To all men . . . charity.
To every child . . . a good example
To yourself . . . respect

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0, T=6.2k, W=8.4k
Exercise 4 days: M=N, T=Hike, W=Hike
Squats 4 days: M=N, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 4 days: M=N, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400 Mon thru Thur: M=1063, T=1395, W=1273
Calories less than 1900 Fri thru Sun: NA
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -870, T=-848, W=-732
Christmas company or visits everyday: M=Yes, T=Yes, W=Yes
Slow down and take in or share the holiday spirit: M=Yes, T=Yes, W=Yes
Old 12-22-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm off for an early start this morning. I have to give a perm to an elderly lady... don't ask. Am I a beautician? No, but I'm not bad. lol I have a pretty big circle of elderly friends, neighbors and family that can't make it to beauty shops anymore, so I go to them (especially at Christmas) and make them look nice for when their own family visits, (if they're lucky) maybe once a year. It's something that I started doing when I was 17 or 18 and I've done it ever since. Believe me, elderly people don't want chocolates, gloves, or bubble bath. They want help with things that they can no longer do. They also just want someone to pay attention to them and listen. That's one thing about a perm... it takes a long time, so they have lots of time to talk.

On my way. If you feel so inclined, do something nice for a forgotten elderly person over the holidays... a ride to church or the store, a visit, whatever. Even just a ride to see holiday lights and decorations. They don't care.

Have a great day!

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 12-22-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, that's an awesome thing to do. I would say something very nice, but don't want anyone to think that I'm sucking up. LOL. Whatever you do, please don't die their hair blue. Maybe you'll be rewarded with some lessons with a personal trainer this year.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Wow you guys are talkative this week. I haven't fallen off the wagon or the face of the earth. Just been extremely busy. Most of my stress has worked out and only a little remains. That part will probably be with us for quite a while so I am done stressing about it. What happens does and that is all I can do.

Sunday night we finished up our Christmas shopping and I bought myself 2 new pairs of jeans and 2 sweaters. The jeans are a 20! Yep that is another size gone! Started this week down .6 lbs from last week. I know that this week is going to be a wash. I am just hoping not to be up more than 3lbs or so on next Monday due to the sodium and extra food that I am sure to take in on Sunday. Luckily for us (I guess) we aren't close with many people or family so our own Christmas dinner is the only one I have to deal with. The cookies that I baked are a bit of a problem but I am not stressing over it. I know that if I relax a little for this week and start back strong next week that I will get a nice drop in a few weeks to get me back strong.

I am going to try to reply to what I read through. Sorry if my responses are dated or I miss anyone. Been extremely busy here.

MH ... Nice to see you back! Hope you are enjoying your time off school and I hope that you get to spend some time with your PPD. I understand not jumping into another relationship so soon. I have already told my hubby if anything were to happen to him I would spend quite a while on my own since we have been together since I was 15 and I don't know what being "ME" would be like. I have always been "US".

Zoe ... Welcome back. I have been there before with the same 5 lbs up and down for a month or so. Eventually you will get over it and those 5 lbs will be history!

Amy ... Those bunnies sound so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see pics of them! *Squeal*

Tori ... Your evening with the family sounds just wonderful. I know exactly what you are going through with the crazy business of working for a food company this time of year. Do your customers also insist that the only gift they can give you is food? Mine do! I take them out to the car the next chance I get so that I don't pick at them all day!

Mike ... I love that Chinese buffet sign! ... I didn't see the ring, but sounds to me like you should be safe with the way it is packaged.

Joanna ... Yay! All A's!!! That in itself deserves a break. You go ahead and wear those shorts girl!

Luv ... Welcome!!

Mern ... Hope that your bloodwork comes out good for you. I am very impressed with you and your doctor for all your hard work to live medication free.

Pam ... Wow, you are busy! Double-unders? O...M...G... LOL

Torre ... Welcome! You have some pretty big goals. I assume you must have been at this for a while before finding us.

Quinn ... I so love that you do so much with the elderly. My youngest son would like to volunteer with the elderly and once we get all his current stuff straightened out I just may let him do that. I think it would be good for him.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, that's an awesome thing to do. I would say something very nice, but don't want anyone to think that I'm sucking up. LOL. Whatever you do, please don't die their hair blue. Maybe you'll be rewarded with some lessons with a personal trainer this year.
LOL!!! Yep, I think my back just might be starting to give me some problems and need some strength training.... just saying...

Just got back and all I can smell is perm. I didn't dye it blue, but it sure is curly! lol I lovingly call them "Old Lady Poodle Dos". This lady started telling me really private stuff she did on dates when she was young. A little TMI...
Old 12-22-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn Love the fact that you are out to do hair for seniors what a blessing. My dd and I are having a tea party at our house tomorrow complete with cucumber sandwiches with no crusts to celebrate the 90th bday for a lovely lady who attends our church she has no idea yet she usually spends her day alone. She only has her daughter in town who said how much she misses having tea with her friends so we thought we would recreate high tea with some of her new friends. I may actually be more excited then she will be but I hope she loves it.

April Enjoy your new clothes I bet you look great!

I am just waiting patiently to go out and hike the sun is shining and it’s 3c out so crisp and pretty. I need to get a good chunk of the housecleaning done today hubby is going to run the carpet cleaner over after my tea tomorrow and then the house should be good to go for the weekend. Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
This lady started telling me really private stuff she did on dates when she was young. A little TMI...
Maybe she needs a trainer for herself.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Maybe she needs a trainer for herself.
It's probably going to sound really odd to a lot of people, but 2 of my very best friends in my entire life were highly educated, fascinating women in their 80's. I loved spending hours talking to them. They had so many really interesting stories and, when you get to know them as "girl friends", they really share a lot of crazy stuff. They were both well traveled, well educated and I just found them more interesting than other people that I've known.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
It's probably going to sound really odd to a lot of people, but 2 of my very best friends in my entire life were highly educated, fascinating women in their 80's. I loved spending hours talking to them. They had so many really interesting stories and, when you get to know them as "girl friends", they really share a lot of crazy stuff. They were both well traveled, well educated and I just found them more interesting than other people that I've known.
That's not that odd.

Well my day has been full of fail. I'm going to play the blame game.

I stayed in bed way too late b/c once again... Mytsie wanted to cuddle. It's all her fault for being so cute, even though she has dumpster breath.

I'm about to fail and eat bread. I tried to be good and bought a bunch of fruit the other day. The bananas that I got were a little sketchy. Well today I had overripe bananas and instead of tossing them, I decided to put the to use. Now I have a couple loaves of banana nut bread in the over and my house smells really good. So this one I blame on Winn Dixie for having crappy bananas.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

April,
Congrats on the new jean size! I wish men understood what a huge deal that is. Did you ever see the commercial where the woman calls Progresso and asks if there's a woman that she can talk to?? lol

Darlene,
Enjoy your tea! What a nice idea. I bet the elderly woman will be very touched. That's an awesome thing to do. Let us know how it goes. Glad to hear that you're warm again!

Tori,
How did the cookie baking marathon go?? I might make one more batch this afternoon, now that I have some extra time.

Changed my avatar to my gift wrapping buddy. Combining a kitten with boxes, bows, ribbons and tissue paper was like inviting the circus over for lunch. I don't know if it was more comical or irritating to have his "help", but it was good for a laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.