Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Just when I thought I was getting better... I feel worse today. I'm going to have to reschedule an appt with a client. I'm going to drop out of my goals for this week but will continue to post. I hope to be back in full swing next week.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, aw, Oreo IS a lovely bunny. My avatar is from a pic of me with DH and a grandchild at a picnic--I cropped out my face on a computer printer app and then enlarged it. Hint, hint--as if you'd have time to do that on a non-closeup right now. Oh, thanks for explaining about all the gingerbread houses. I hope you find all that work enjoyable and not pressured for time.

Mike, glad you enjoyed your soup. Hope you feel better today!

Tori, so sorry you had such an annoying day in so many ways. Glad to learn the the cardiologist was able to handle your momma's issue effectively and timely.

Rose, thanks for your sweet words. Can't wait to see your picture. I hope you're totally recovered soon! So sweet that Chico won't leave your side, but it sure would have been nice had he let your friend walk him. Wishing you a great Wednesday, too.

Joanna, green on the close accomplishments is just fine and very encouraging. Congrats on a very good day.

Main80, thanks for your encouragement, as always. I'm so sorry to read that you're sick, too. The few weeks of maintenance sounds like a quite sensible idea. Sometimes simply resuming one's way of eating for weight loss after a few weeks of maintenance results in the body actually letting go of the plateau and jump starting weight loss again without making any changes in the weight loss diet. That was a long sentence, but I think you know what I mean. Some people have actual cheat days to exceed calories and fat just to jumpstart their weight loss. I don't know if it works or not--may be another one of those individual things that works for some but not for others. Anyway, enjoy those weeks of maintenance during the holidays.

Darlene, I'm so glad my chattiness didn't annoy you. My posts are never mandatory reading. And I figure if I address someone personally to ask them a question and they don't have time to read it or reply, I can always ask again later. Aw, you didn't need to feel guilty about the cookies with what little you ate--and you still met your goals. I doubt that even on my very best day I could resist hot chocolate chip cookies. even if I'd already reached my food goal limits. Glad you enjoyed your walk.

Last edited by Mern; 12-07-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Mike, so sorry you're feeling miserable. I hope you can just rest and pamper yourself--and use that bell as much as your girls and GF will allow. Big hug to ya!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

The bell never works, besides it's just me and the dogs today. Mytsie has been ready to cuddle all morning so I'm about to go back to sleep.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

For all of you who are sick and feeling poorly

Old 12-07-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Just when I thought I was getting better... I feel worse today. I'm going to have to reschedule an appt with a client. I'm going to drop out of my goals for this week but will continue to post. I hope to be back in full swing next week.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm afraid that I have to bow out of my goals this week, as well. Our home has been an insanely busy, crazy place to be with various things breaking down just for good measure. We were up against some paperwork deadlines and have been up until the wee hours trying to get the packages out in time.

My husband has been really sick for the past few days, as well. Came home from work yesterday with a high fever, sore throat, achy, drippy nose, etc. So far, I've been spared but I have to be really cautious not to get sick because of my mom.

Then, last night I was starting to clean up the kitchen after dinner and the hot water faucet (new faucet) came completely off in my hand and started bursting water 3 feet into the air... lots of water! Tried to shut it off under the sink, but the handle wouldn't budge. So, my husband ran downstairs (3 flights of stairs) and shut off the main valve to the house. Went to Home Depot last night to buy another faucet and this one doesn't fit right for various reasons. So, I've called our much loved "fix it" man to take a look at it. I love him. He's an older gentleman who is like an uncle to us... a paid uncle, but none the less, an uncle. Waiting for him to arrive. This morning, I had to rinse our dishes in the bathroom! lol There's nothing quite as pathetic as a husband with a high fever and no patience, twisted underneath a kitchen sink, trying to fix a plumbing issue. I told him to let it go and I'd get help in the morning. My new wood floors aren't as lucky though. Hoping they will be ok.

On a positive note, we've had wonderful news on the scholarship front. One that I didn't think had much chance has been awarded to her along with 2 smaller ones.

So, here's my borrowed theme for the day... "Just Keep Swimming!"

Finding Nemo - Just Keep Swimming - YouTube

Have a great day!

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 12-07-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure it's wise to hang out here with all you sickies, but I sincerely hope you all feel better soon, amend that, back to 110% right now!

Quinn, I know it's not funny that your sick husband was belly up underneath the kitchen sink trying to stop a fountain of water, but the image made me chuckle. Murphy's working at your house for certain. Good luck and hopefully you stay healthy.

darn, the 50 I'm making for kindergarten aren't too bad, the pan makes 6 at a time, so I only had to make 4 batches/class. The other 50 will be for 3rd grade (8), 5th grade (8), Girl Scouts (28), and 4-H (9). The 3rd and 5th graders decorate in teams of 4 and then they raffle off the houses at their Christmas party, the scouts and 4-H kids actually pay for theirs, but I sell them at cost, there is no actual profit for me. We also use them as Christmas gifts, for teachers, mailman, neighbors, etc. So likely the number will be a little higher, but it all depends on how fast it goes. Woman, I do not know how you can bake chocolate chip cookies all day and only end up with 384 calories from cookies. I could scarf down more than that while scalding my tongue on the pan before it's even out of the oven. That is some serious willpower, props to you.

Rose, it was really nice of your mom to cook for you, moms are great, mine did my dishes the other day when she was here, it was so nice like an unexpected gift. I would LOVE to come to Chico's birthday party, but alas even if you lived next door I could probably only stop by long enough to drop off a bag of doggy treats, the girls have a swim meet on Saturday and I have to marshal. My gingerbread houses are small, about 1/2 the size of a loaf of bread and I make them with special pans, you just press the dough into the molds, slice off the extra to make the back smooth and bake it 20 min. I own 8 pans, so baking each pan twice a day makes enough pieces for 8 houses, so I do this for the first couple of weeks of December and I'm all set. Then I spend a little time every night putting them together, which only takes about 5-6 min per house. So long as I get started early in December, I manage to make as many as I need/want. It's not stressful for me because whenever you get gingerbread, kids and a little colorful candy together it feels like Christmas. I used to make myself crazy/stressed out with the holidays; and I didn't enjoy any of it. But gingerbread makes me feel like a busy elf, it's a positive way to work off my excessive holiday energy and it makes me happy. Yes, I know that makes no sense, but I'm left handed so there you go.

And Mike if you know what you're looking at, it's possible to tell a male from a female rabbit without flipping it over. The males have broader faces, heavier hocks and are often shorter in length than the females. Meanwhile the females get dewlaps (flabby bit under their chins), male rabbits don't usually have one. And strangely enough male rabbits usually have a much stronger smell than females, sort of like humans.

I have to go, my car is out of gas and we need to take a short walk down to the gas station with the canister. Darn that remote starter anyway. Ugh, it's my own fault for not remembering that blinking "Low Fuel" light.

Last edited by almeeker; 12-07-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori Mike, Quinn and you can talk football I am unfortunately one of those girls who reads when hockey's on and hubby doesn’t watch football so I know nothing about it.
See, I'd be watching hockey with him I'll talk football, but my true passion lies with baseball. I can talk it or watch it any day of the week. I had a friend once who told me that I needed to "dumb down" my knowledge of sports because I was going to scare off potential dates. I simply smiled at her and said that if a man can't handle my love of sports then he's not the man for me.

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Tori, happy to hear that Momma is doing better and that you ended the day on a positive. I hope you figure out how to upload a picture because I DEFINITELY want to see you cat in that t-shirt!!!
Happy to oblidge
Attached Images
Old 12-07-2011, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1300 calories a day....it worked last week, why not push it for another M-1149 Tu-1263

2--1 Dt Dew a day.....last week was a good week Dew wise, hoping this one is great M-no Tu-I was stressed, and the Dew was hard to resist, I failed on an epic level

3--log everything! really not that hard, I tend to log what I plan on eating for the day either the night before, or at least right after breakfast M-YES T-YES I logged the good, the not so good, and the Dew

4--at least 64 oz of water a day.....I'm almost at that now, so it shouldn't be super hard M-YES T-nope

5--exercise 5 times....was almost there last week, but got lazy those last 2 day M-YES T-no

6--carbs no more than 40% daily.....a new goal for me, gonna see how it goes
M-39% T-no, just missed it at 43%

7--lose at least 2 lbs M-didn't weigh T-still haven't weighed

Life/Home
1--clean out car. long over due---just have to go to the trash dump, and then wait til it stops raining to wash her

2--clean cat's bathroom---I swept, haven't finished though

3--finish all laundry---it's noon Wednesday and I still haven't started Laundry-palooza 2011

4--actually start my "real" Christmas shopping....having only purchased 2 gifts this late in the season isn't acceptable---got some stocking stuffers last night

5--run by PetSmart and only buy cat food and litter....she doesn't need any more toys!!---done and a really cute tshirt and new Christmas stocking. but no toys, so technically I'm good on this one

6--take Spring/Summer clothes out of the closet and replace with Winter, living out of Rubbermaid totes isn't what an adult should do....stupid moving from one house to another, still has me in a tizzy---still waiting on that laundry to wash itself

7--actually do all job related paperwork on time, no more holding over til the next Monday, all it does is get me further behind---it's on the desk in the office. I'll get to it some time today
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

whoa it's already 11:00, I've been sleeping my days away. I hopped on the scale it it was up 1.8 (177.4 I think it was). I haven't been eating much b/c I haven't had much of an appetite. I'm guess it mainly b/c I'm struggling to get in my water still, I'm more sedentary than normal, and I carb (and sodium) loaded on chicken noodle soup. Seeing the scale do that make me want to say eff it and go make a PB&J sammich before the chirrens eat all the PB, but still no bread for me.

Mern, thanks for the get well card.

Amy, not all guys smell stronger than woman. In fact my GF tells me that in the 8 years that we've been together, I've only "smelled" once and that was after working outside all day in the heat (can't remember if it were several hours in the yard or working on the car). I think that's pretty damn good considering that I workout often, am outside running and walking, etc. My shoes don't even stink. Probably b/c I ALWAYS wear socks, my feet are ALWAYS clean and a pair of shoes ne'er lasts me more than a couple months. One of the girls here at the house can take off her shoes and clear out the house. It's freaking disgusting! And as for the once in 8 years, she's not saying it to spare my feelings, she tells everyone about it when they talk about there husband stinking. That and all my exes have said the same thing. One of them use to sit there and sniff my neck when we'd hug and I was about to leave. Sniff so hard as if she was trying to soak up the smell or something. One day I asked if I stunk, she said hell no. I asked what I smelled like and all she could say is "you smell like you, it's a distinct smell". BTW I don't sweat a lot but I'm told that I don't even stick when I sweat. Who knows, maybe it's luck or maybe the secret is to bathe just once a week.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-07-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.